Ratings for Dr. John R. Zaso

I like Dr. Zaso even though he sometimes says rude things and doesn’t seem accepting of kids with problems. People overcome. But you will wait so long here. So long. Don’t like the other doctor option I think it’s an LPN. At least Zaso is hands on. The staff is unfriendly. Some nurses nice some not and they’re giving toddler shots!!! My son had to wait between shots and it caused a catastrophe. It was their error messing up what he was due for. The office is very old and unattractive. They run out of seats on healthy kid side and the sick kid side is awful. Since you overbook please get more seating.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

We have used Dr Zaso for over 20 years and he has always been kind, patient, helpful and knowledgeable. His staff is always friendly and well organized. I feel so lucky to have someone of his caliber taking such great care of my boys.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

The staff is very rude but i over look that because Dr Zaso is great! I had issues with my son and he referred me to the correct specialist.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

I asked Dr. Zaso a question about spreading out the vaccines for my child because the last time I was at his office they did not have one in stock and so he wanted to give them all in one day. He jumped down my throat talking about how "anti-vaccines are nuts"! I never said I didn't want to vaccinate my child but he didn't even listen to what I said before he starting rattling off how doctors don't vaccinate kids for no reason and how its not to make money. I am a new mother who is just trying to do whats best for my child and I was hoping to have a pediatrician that was more understanding, that is not what I got!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. Zaso is very kind and informative. But his staff on the other hand are rude! They make you feel like you’re bothering them. As a medical receptionist, I would never make any of my patients feel that way. I wonder if he’s aware of how disgusting his front desk and nurses treat his patients.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

The physician assistant is awful and don’t like getting stuck with her. Like Dr Zaso personality wise because he’s laidback but he really isn’t helpful. Had to go to specialist who gave my son abx and his cold complications cleared up so much faster. Staff not the friendliest office could be cleaner and more punctual. Nurses are nice generally.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I like dr Zaso. He is very nice. They always get you kid in if they are sick. He has dr Messina now who I love. The front desk is mean when you go in. I always feel like I am bothering them. They need a meeting with him because he will tell me to get my referrals upfront and they will say no you get it from him. And he will say no from them. they ran out of a vaccine once and he said to just call and come in you don't need an appointment to return for just the shot. And upfront they said absolutely not. You need an appointment. I think they just need more communication between the doctor and front desk. Thank you for helping the community dr Zaso.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I am relatively new and have been there a few x and I like Dr. Zaso a lot. The front desk people could be nicer. There's also new staff there either a dr or PA not sure but she was not warm. I am very concerned about wait times and the fact that sick kids do not stay on the sick kid side. I'm bringing in a child with stomach distress and I keep them on the sick side. Note. Please don't put fish for kids to run to on the healthy side. Then I come for a checkup and a child who cannot stop coughing is hanging on mine near the fish tank. Not thrilling.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I am very happy with Dr. Zaso and find him to be very knowledgeable and pleasant. I very much like that the office is open on Saturdays and that i am always able to get my daughter in right away for a sick visit. I also was very happy with the nurse practitioners that cover some evenings. However, i most definitely agree with some of the other reviews regarding the staff. The front desk staff are usually aloof at best and sometimes can be quite abrupt. Most of the nurses are okay but i have only encountered one ever that had a truly good manner (nurse Terry, who sadly is no longer there). In fact, at least a couple of the nurses are actually pretty mean and it is quite obvious that they do not like children at all, causing me to literally rearrange visits for my toddler to avoid them.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

This is Dr John Zaso responding to 3/23/2011 review: At this time I do not know who you may be. I apologize if I came across as rude. I assure you that was not my intention. Because you did not state what advice I gave you, I can only respond generally to this review. I pride myself on giving the highest quality patient care and services based on my many years of experience and medical training. I constantly review new research and keep up with the changes in medical practice in caring for young children. Doctors do not always agree with the findings and advice of other doctors. From practice to practice you may find different opinions. If your child is indeed a patient of this office, and you would care to call and discuss your concerns with me, I would be happy to take your call.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. John R. Zaso's Credentials

• Chinese

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in East Meadow, NY