Ratings for Dr. John R. Zaso

I like dr Zaso. He is very nice. They always get you kid in if they are sick. He has dr Messina now who I love. The front desk is mean when you go in. I always feel like I am bothering them. They need a meeting with him because he will tell me to get my referrals upfront and they will say no you get it from him. And he will say no from them. they ran out of a vaccine once and he said to just call and come in you don't need an appointment to return for just the shot. And upfront they said absolutely not. You need an appointment. I think they just need more communication between the doctor and front desk. Thank you for helping the community dr Zaso.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I am relatively new and have been there a few x and I like Dr. Zaso a lot. The front desk people could be nicer. There's also new staff there either a dr or PA not sure but she was not warm. I am very concerned about wait times and the fact that sick kids do not stay on the sick kid side. I'm bringing in a child with stomach distress and I keep them on the sick side. Note. Please don't put fish for kids to run to on the healthy side. Then I come for a checkup and a child who cannot stop coughing is hanging on mine near the fish tank. Not thrilling.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I am very happy with Dr. Zaso and find him to be very knowledgeable and pleasant. I very much like that the office is open on Saturdays and that i am always able to get my daughter in right away for a sick visit. I also was very happy with the nurse practitioners that cover some evenings. However, i most definitely agree with some of the other reviews regarding the staff. The front desk staff are usually aloof at best and sometimes can be quite abrupt. Most of the nurses are okay but i have only encountered one ever that had a truly good manner (nurse Terry, who sadly is no longer there). In fact, at least a couple of the nurses are actually pretty mean and it is quite obvious that they do not like children at all, causing me to literally rearrange visits for my toddler to avoid them.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

This is Dr John Zaso responding to 3/23/2011 review: At this time I do not know who you may be. I apologize if I came across as rude. I assure you that was not my intention. Because you did not state what advice I gave you, I can only respond generally to this review. I pride myself on giving the highest quality patient care and services based on my many years of experience and medical training. I constantly review new research and keep up with the changes in medical practice in caring for young children. Doctors do not always agree with the findings and advice of other doctors. From practice to practice you may find different opinions. If your child is indeed a patient of this office, and you would care to call and discuss your concerns with me, I would be happy to take your call.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have been going to Dr Zaso for several years. When his practice started he was so nice and I felt confident taking my children to him. Over the past few years his practice grew and he is always frazzled, office is a zoo and he rushes you in and out. Anytime I called to ask him a question, which is rarely, he makes me feel like I am bothering him. Some nurses are lovely but there's a few that are just plain nasty. I've had my appointments changed several times because Dr Zaso had another commitment. Its a tough decision but sadly this office has changed and not for the better. I have found another Pediatrician and I love him. If you are looking for a Dr. I would not recommend Dr Zaso. There are so many nice offices in the area to choose from.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Staff so rude. Never on time. Office zoo need more help. More hours. Dr Zaso nice but didn't seem too knowledgable. Not sure I'll return

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

FRONT DESK IS THE WORST. Dr.Zaso is ok. He know nothing about adhd. You will feel rushed and unimportant at this office. You better make your yearly check up appointment a year in advance. Front desk has issues. I never experienced such rudness. Shame of the doctor for allowing his staff to be abusive .

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr Zaso is really a nice guy, really. The problem is I decided to speak to him about my son's speech delay and it became a big issue. At first he didn't think it was a big issue but then social behavior came into question and if it isn't an issue for me, shouldn't be for him. so he seems hands off with inspecting kids but he does. I don't like that. Very nice though. Think he could use another doc there, is always a zoo. Nurses not pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Zaso is absolutely terrible. He has given me advice regarding my child that could be detrimental to her development. Aside from his poor manner and overall rudeness he has given me information both contradictory and incorrect. I have spoken to other doctors who could not believe the information I was given by Dr. Zaso. AVOID this doctor for the sake of your children.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

I unfortunately started out with a different pediatrician recommended to me by my ob. After a few months of being miserable in a big group of docs that were never on the same page, I went to Dr Zaso. From the moment we started there, I knew we made the right choice. He's a one man show, seems to remember every patient and has a great attitude. He's very kind and caring and treats parents as if they're part of the process, he doesn't just give orders. Dr Zaso lives locally and has his own children too, so he "gets it". His office is brightly decorated to sooth the scared child. His wait times are more than fair. I average 5-10 minutes when we go. His staff is also kind, and clearly dedicated to him. The doctor that is on call when he is away (not very often) is a wonderful woman who clearly shares the same views as Dr. Zaso, so when he is not around you still get the same treatment he would give you. I love Dr Zaso. I hope he stays here until my daughter ages out of pediatrics.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. John R. Zaso's Credentials

• Chinese

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in East Meadow, NY