Ratings for Dr. Howard J. Sosna

Dr Sosna was very helpful. He answered every question at the consult that i could ask and it was clear he know his businesses. On the day of the surgery his staff was very kind and professional and made me feel at ease. When the procedure was done i did not even know he was finished and there was no pain at all. The next day one of hi staff called to check on me i was amazed that he had them do this. Even more amazing was the lack of pain and swelling after the surgery. he must be the best there is around anywhere I thank him would recommend him to everyone who need oral surgery!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I have never in my entire life been mistreated by a healthcare professional the way that I have been mistreated by Howard Sosna. From the moment he entered the room, I had a bad vibe about him. He is the most unprofessional, disrespectful person I have ever came in contact with. I recently had a consultation to have my wisdom teeth removed. Upon asking valid questions, I was met with rude and dismissive responses as if I had no right to dare question his procedures. As a patient, I have every right to ask as many questions as I want and considering the fact that I am having a major surgery with potential side effects, he should've done everything he could to make his patient feel comfortable in doing so. After snapping on me for no reason at all, I proceeded to decline his services and immediately left his office in complete outrage. This dentist does not have the right to harass his patients and doesn't deserve to have a license. I am disgusted and appalled at the fact that he is still practicing. If he behaves this way to your face, who knows what he'll say or do to you while you're under general anesthesia. Do yourself a favor and find a better dentist/oral surgeon. One with a better personality who won't treat you like a second class citizen!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I went in for wisdom teeth removal. Everything went great except I was having pains following the surgery up to a week later that were much more intense than what I had felt the following days. They would not prescribe more pain killers that are strong enough to deal with the pain nor did he truly inspect my teeth to figure out that it was more than post operative pain. According to his rudeness - "I've had enough vicodin" as if I'm a child and do not deserve my candy? He has an attitude and monotone to him that I find very displeasing. Treats his staff like they should read his mind and know what he wants them to do. He barely inspected my teeth even though I said it was worse than following the surgery. I will not be returning as I find his attitude and understanding of problems and pain levels to be lacking. Sorry you think I am a child.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Howard Sosna was amazing! he was so gentle and kind. I had to get a back molar removed due to a horrible cavity. I was so nervous & he took time to make sure I was comfortable and knew what to expect. I was in and out. I had to have an emergency appointment so he fit me in between patients. I've had no pain after my tooth extraction, a little sore where the toith use to be, but the assistant told me what to expect and explained the aftercare in detail. i have more work to be done & I'm so glad and so lucky that I found Dr. Sosna. I wish I got his assistant's name because she deserves credit too. The whole office was kind and professional. I was treated at their Newark location. The building, like most in Newark, is old but has charm. All the supplies and tools are clean & rooms were spotless. Both waiting rooms were clean with new flat screen tvs. I have nothing but nice things to say about them. I'm so glad a friend from school refered me to them

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

TERRIBLE. Not only was the location not safe and appealing; but the inside of the office was disgusting!!!! Cracks in the walls, dirty floors and nasty smells! Felt as if I walked into a funeral home or a rehabilitation center. It was awful and terrified me. He was dressed in regular attire and a dirty shirt. Not professional at all. He said I had to remove 4 teeth when I only needed 3 removed. I corrected him on that one but he should have checked the sheet I provide him from my orthodontist. He wore no gloves while handling with me. Looked into my mouth and touched my lips with raw germy hands. Had an attitude and all. Hate the thought of it. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

I just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out today by dr sosna & his staff. I was terrified going in because I have never had any kind of surgery or stitches in my life & I'm 21 years old. When I read some of the bad reviews on here it even made me a little more skeptical & I really wanted to cancel my appointment today. I went in at 10am on Thursday the 24 of January & the reviews I have read here about him being rude & this & that are obviously people's personal feelings towards him but I felt very comfortable once they sat me down. They gave me anestesia & also novacaine & it's 11 pm & night now I still have not felt a thing all day. Of course when I woke up I was a little loopy but who wouldn't be. I definetly think dr sosna is a great oral surgeon & I would recommend him. Plus his staff of women are wonderful & nice. Thank u so much for removing my 4 wisdom teeth pain free.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr Sosna cared for and took the best care of me that coule be given. He got my bad tooth out in what seemed like only a few seconds. Post op no pain at all and i got a call to check on me this was so nice. More Dr should do this.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

He's angry all the time, snaps at you over nothing. Accused me of questioning his expertise when I asked for a simple explanation. Behaved as if I were a simpleton. I feel sorry for him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dear rateMD.com the rating of DR Sosna of 1/4/2012 is very offensive to me and it is ashame you would allow things like this. This kind of review must be placed by DR Sosna's compition to try and tarnish his image. So now for the real story about this DR. I needed a full mouth extraction. He told me way this was needed and how he would do it and was very compleat in doing that. I came for my surgery and everythig happened just like he said it would i did not feel a thing. His nurses where great in the post operative care. DR Sosna gave me 3 post OP recalls before he let me go back to see my dentist. My new teeth are great thanks to the way DR Sosna got my mouth ready for them. I can't recommand highly enough!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

The best Dr. i have ever been to. explained everthing very well. The surgery was fast and easy for me. I would recommend him to everyone and i have sent some of my friends to him already.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012