Ratings for Dr. Owen J. Boales

Very good experience. Personable, explained everything, very helpful. Staff was great to work with.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Most pleasant dentist and staff I've ever been too.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Boales and his staff are wonderful! One thing that stood out to me is, when Dr. Boales was looking at a crown that another dentist had treated, but was problematic, he called another dental provider to get his opinion. That showed me he is respected by his peers, has a great relationships with other professionals, and he is truly looking for the best care for his patients. I have been seeing him for 3 years now and he has been wonderful. Connie cleans my teeth and she is so friendly and does a great job!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Avoid this dentist. Unprofessional staff. He lets his incompetent staff do a lot of work that should be done by the dentist himself.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I am a former patient.I needed ALL my teeth fixed.I knew it would be a very expensive and stressful.I needed periodontal treatment.I went to an excellent periodontist.I had surgery including two extractions and one gingival graft.My periodontist told me that a good dentist allways checks your teeth and gums every time you visit.On9/7/05 I paid $13,908.60 for my upper teeth.On3/14/06 I paid $10,615.50 for my lower teeth.Every 3 months I went back for cleaning Dr.Boales rarely looked at them.I knew I had that past periodontal problem to watch out for.On 2/7/12 I went in for my cleaning.My hygienist noticed my gums needed attention. They referred me to a new periodontist.I liked my old guy,so I went there instead.On3/20/12 I found out that I needed more then a routine touch-up and cleaning.My gums needed some serious treatment that could have been prevented.Now I am looking forward to some new expensive gum repairs.I don't trust Dr.Boales.There wasn't any more MONEY in it for him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I love Dr. Boales! I never have to wait in his office, the front desk ladies are SO sweet and they have TV's in the ceiling and headphones so you can watch movies! The assistant even noticed I was chilly and offered me a blanket :) I have a lot of dental work & Dr. Boales is one of the best.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

What an awful dentist with an equally awful and unprofessional support staff. Dr. Boales charges more than any other dentist in North Florida (rates are comparable to Miami though) and doesn't even perform any of his own work - anything more than a basic filling or extraction and you will be shipped off to another dentist nearby. The support staff is shockingly unorganized and unprofessional, I've never seen a group of women be so openly "catty" to both the customers and to each other (in front of the customers). There are some great dentists in Jacksonville, and no real reason to stick with this one. Avoid.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

I love Dr. Boales & his staff! I actually like going to the dentist now! I had a few cavaties - he never made me feel bad or talked down to me because of it. I am a patient for as long as I am in Jacksonville!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Best dentist ever! I was referred by a friend and very glad to have found Dr. Boales. It was a great office, great staff, very clean, super high tech, and affordable! Everyone is so helpful and everything gets explained to you 2-3 times.. from the dentist himself, the assistants, the hygienists, and the front desk...everyone is very helpful and knowledgable. Makes you feel very cared for!! Really a great dental practice, would recommend to anyone!! ((I think the person who left the negative comment on 8/14/10 should be upset with themselves for not caring for their teeth to begin with!.. And, its not the dentist's fault someone needs a root canal!!))

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

worst dentist.He told me I had 8 teeth had decay. After filling, I had tooth ache for long time. And 4 of them need root canal.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2010