Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. George

Dr. George is very professional, intelligent, polite and thorough. He performed a very complicated surgery on my neck. Took unbelievable care of me. Can't think of another doctor I'd readily trust my life with more than this guy. He is fantastic. You're lucky you've found this guy.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. George is the most awesome 🙆 doctor in the world.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

DR. GEORGE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE KIND OR COMPASSIONATE TO MY ELDERLY PARENTS (WHO BOTH SAW HIM) AND TO ME. HE WAS THOROUGH AND TOOK THE WHOLE SITUATION INTO ACCOUNT. YOU WLL WAIT A LONG TIME FOR ANY ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. IT IS THE NATURE OF THE SPECIALTY. WHEN THEY COME TO THEIR OFFICE TO SEE YOU--THEY HAVE BEEN DOING SURGERY BEFOREHAND. I RECOMMEND HIM AND APPRECIATE ALL HE DID FOR US.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I've never been more disrespected by any medical person in my 61 years alive. He has you fill out forms including your prescriptions & history but does not read them. He prescribed a medicine for me without reading said info and then acted like I never told him my history. Had a 2:00pm appointment he wasn't even in the building and didn't show up for almost an hour. Terrible!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. George performed a non cemented hip fracture repair on my Mother in July. It was under emergency circumstances and he was the orthopedist on that weekend at Sharon Hospital. She was in rehab for 6 weeks and home for 5..after tge second set of xrays he finally announced that the fracture was not healing. She needed a CAT Scan to see why. After the CAT scan we got a second opinion. The reason it wasn't healing was there was a 3/4" gap in the bones and the ball of the hip joint had died from lack of blood supply. This Doctor is an absolute idiot. Run don't walk from his office do not let him touch you. He will cause pain and damage to your body and time in healing that you can't get back!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

waited 90 minutes - no apology. Dr. George was glib/smug. Cursory review of my condition -- on the fly, no preparation. Did not even read the standard clipboard of condition/treatment to date. Spent less than 20 minutes with me doing cursory things like reflexes, etc. (hammer/knee). Less than 2 minute review of MRI and X-rays which were critical to my condition/future treatment. Finally, when asked what specifically was creating the cracking and grinding in my neck, he said (verbatim): "I don't know ... it could be anything. My cost had been $175 "at the window". I received another bill for same service appt. for $468 a few days later. DO NOT USE THIS "DOCTOR".

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. George was very kind and considerate during a very stressful time when a family member fell and suffered a fracture. He was thorough and did not make snap judgments about anything. He definitely went the extra mile for us in getting a custom brace made quickly. I was very impressed with how considerate and thoughtful he is as many orthopedic surgeons cannot get rid of patients fast enough and do not take the patient's pain, psychological state and lifestyle into account. He is exemplary in his care for people and does all he can to ensure good treatment. With other surgeons patience is often in short supply but this is not the case with Dr. George. I would recommend him highly to anyone who has neck or back conditions. He is very good with family members and does all he can to reassure them and make life easier for the people who are actually taking care of the patient. If you have a problem getting through just ask for Mona, his secretary who is very efficient! A good man.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I thought he was very helpful in describing what was going on. He spent a long time showing and telling me about my condition and what my options were. My husband ( who was with me) was shocked at the attention he showed and his empathy to the pain I was experiencing. I think, at least in my case, that he went there and beyond for us.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

He was decent, I am still attending him but I feel as though I should get a second opinion. He never listens to word you say and never remembers previous visits. He's very nice but he definately needs to take a second look at his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Another one of those dr.''s who''s all about the almighty dollar! Likes the easy in/out cases and can''t be bothered with anything more involved than the classic textbook cases (and has often even said just that) before passing me (personally) around like a hot potatoe to every other dr. he knows so he doesn''t have to deal with it. The last time I was left in the EXAM room for almost 2 HOURS! before he decided to come back. Does not listen to anything a patient has to say and tends to fill in the blanks in his doctor notes with whatever sounds good (regardless of be accurate or factual of the situation at hand). Less than desirable bedside manner especially when you see that glazed over look in his eyes while you''re talking to him. Has also had problems with malpractice suits which were settled out of court - not sure I''d want this guy cutting me open in the long run . . . Many other more competent doctors that are truly concerned about patients in the greater Danbury area.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Dr. Daniel C. George's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Sharon, CT