Ratings for Dr. Christopher W. Ives

Great doctor! Great staff! Very efficient in office and also having my procedure done at the hospital. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

Have seen him for about 20 years for 4 colonoscoies, one endoscopy, one proctor copy , GERD and IBS

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

I was pregnant (8 months) and starting projectile vomiting and had sever pain. My OB-GYN put me in the hospital. When my OB learned it was not gallbladder and I continued to get worse the told me there was nothing else the could do. They didn't even order lab work. They finally consulted Dr Ives. He was my angel. Had it not been for him my daughter and I would be dead. I had many critical labs. I was diagnosed with a severe case of pancreatitis. I required a blood transfusion, central line and my baby and I was almost dead. He took care of me like family. He cared. I worked at the hospital after tht and had no hesitation recommending him to other people. I will always be thankful that he walked into my life when he did. My daughter was born healthy and will turn 12 this month.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Ives helped determine that I had a horrible gall bladder infection and directed me to see another doctor to get it removed. He was very nice and answered all of my questions in a way that I could understand without having to go to med school. I would recomend him to anyone! No clue what happened with these other comments! Doesn't even sound like the same doctor!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

I saw Dr. Ives in 2003 after suffering an unexplained bleed. He did an extremely painful endoscopy on me and found nothing wrong. This year, I experienced another unexplained bleed and was rushed to the hospital at 4 a.m. Dr. Ives was on call. He saw me briefly, then scheduled an endoscopy for 2:30 the next afternoon--despite the fact that I was experiencing severe bleeding. He did an endoscopy, and again I was not completely anesthetized. (I heard a nurse say, "I've never seen numbers this low, and I heard someone call for a surgeon -STAT.) He cauterized what he thought was the location, but the bleeding continued. Dr. Ives spent less than 5 minutes with me the next day "following up" on the procedure. The following day, when the bleeding continued, a surgeon decided to perform emergency abdominal surgery, found the location of the bleed, and repaired it-- but by then I had lost 15 units of blood. Very, very scary.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

Very thoughtless, abrupt. Not at all helpful.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2005

Dr. Christopher W. Ives's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Fairhope, AL