Ratings for Dr. Marsha Billes

I feel that Dr Billes has been very good for my daughters and I, compared to the last doctor we went to. That doctor was much more of a medical doctor leaning towards drugs and didn't have much room for natural approaches. Dr. Billes definitely works more with alternatives if that is your desire and she is very knowledgeable. She was actually instrumental in finding a genetic disorder that was the root of several issues I've had for many years. She takes time with you, so yes, wait times are sometimes long but that happens in every doctors office. I don't find the staff to be unfriendly or incompetent and we have been very pleased with Dr Billes' practice for the past few years.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Billes was described as being a 'functional' practitioner which appealed to me. In her favor, I think she cares about her patients and sincerely wants to help them (at least that was my experience). She actually followed up with specialists to pick their brain (without me having to make an appointment to see them myself and pay the out-of-pocket expenses). She then called me back after hours and relayed this info. to me. On the downside, I don't feel that she is as knowledgeable as I would like or as holistic in her approach. I was looking for a physician who could identify and treat root cause issues and that did not happen with me, because she was unable to identify the root cause. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Billes is in many ways a victim of the conventional medical system of which she is a part in the sense that she is operating within the constraints of a system which is highly governed by insurance companies.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I have tried to give Dr. Billes a chance for several years, and I am finally giving up. The office staff takes several days to return calls and my prescriptions are often sent to incorrect locations. Dr. Billes may be knowledgeable but I have found her non-responsive to my actual feedback and inflexible in her treatment path. The most offensive thing is her proclivity to push her "miracle fix-all" of probiotics. I have no issues that would require probiotics but Dr. Billes has personally invested in a brand of probiotics and will stop at no ends to push these, even repeatedly trying to sell me on them during more invasive procedures like pap smears after I told her repeatedly that I had no interest. While she is a nice lady, I do not recommend her as a physician.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I agree with the comments that I briefly read. I moved to the Detroit area. Being new to the area, I asked co-workers about their doctors, and one co-worker referred me to Dr. Billes. She stated that she had been a patient of Dr. Billes for about 20 years, and one thing that stood out about her comments of Dr. Billes is that she explained that Dr. Billes implemented an holistic approach to her treatment. So I contacted my insurance company and had the change of primary care physician to Dr. Billes. My first appointment, I waited over an hour. The front desk staff were very unorganized and unprofessional. Once I met with Dr. Billes, the meeting seemed rushed, and she appeared to be scatter brained. She did provide me with some helpful information, but all and all, very poor first impression.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Where is the review I just wrote? It disappeared when I neared the 1000-character limit. In a nutshell: Yes, office staff apparently needs supervision and a sense of direction; long waits can be improved through proper scheduling; the drab rooms and outdated are definitely not "hospital clean." Dr. Billes can improve quality of service if SOMEONE will get her organized so she doesn't have to waste time going through patients' files that include random out-of-sequence reports, sometimes upside down and face backward. She shouldn't have to be her own file clerk. Her time is much more valuable. She could perform more tests in the office, rather than sending us to multiple other facilities, who are still erroneously billing us a year or so after the fact for Heaven knows what (they can't really explain it, either).

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Office staff is terrible and sometimes rude. Don't expect a call back for test results and don't expect to get refills in less than 72 hours. Dr. Billes is a good doctor but the office is always behind. Appointments take a very long time from start to finish. We have also received conflicting advice from the office before as well. Desk person with results says one thing while the doctor actually recommended something else. Good doctor but you must watch out for yourself with this office. Billing system just recently got switched so now I owe $125 somehow out of nowhere.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

The Doctors are friendly but the office is poorly run. My wife has been going for a few years. I have been going for 6 months. Even when you arrive before your appointment, expect to wait 30-45 minutes before you are called back to a room. Between each step (explaining why you are there, doing a test, getting results, talking to a doctor, talking to a nurse, etc), expect to wait at least 10-15 minutes. Every appointment has lasted at least 2 hours (from walking in the front door to leaving). At least an hour of that time is spent waiting by yourself. The office is horrible at fulfilling prescription refill requests. It usually takes 1-2 weeks. The office has also lost test orders and test results more than once. The Physician’s Assistant Chris is great though.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

Extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and capable physician! Truly cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I agree with previous posts that this physician is disconnected. The office acknowledges that they overbook appointments - every 15 mins. Everytime I've seen this office I've waited over an hour to get less than 5 mins. with Dr. Billes who seems confused and not personable. She orders unnecessary medical tests, rather than spending time with patients. I had 3 unnecessary follow ups with specialists who all thought my visit was unnecessary and wondered why Dr. Billes had referred me to them rather than following standard protocol. I have since change PCP's and am much more satisfied. This office and staff are rude. They don't have any communication with the physicians in the practice and have no confidentiality in their outdated office. They have exam rooms in closets, 50-year old exam table, and overall dirty facilities. My family members used to see Dr. Billes and all had a similar experience, including lost lab results and no communication. AVOID. There are much better DRs

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

I felt that Dr. Billes was rather spacey and disconnected...but she was very knowledgeable. She knows what she's talking about, but I feel she didn't listen to what I had to say. I would try to explain all my symptoms, but I felt she would just interrupt before I could finish. She was all right though. Not my favorite doctor at the location, but I would go to her if the others weren't available.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Marsha Billes's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Oxford