Ratings for Dr. Russell D'Scarlett

The program that Dr Russell has me on currently has been a huge quality of life improvement. I have much more energy and a much greater quality of sleep - my wife is ecstatic. As I have a very physically demanding job, this has increased my productivity and has led to amazing new opportunities that I could not have dreamed were possible a few years ago when I was sluggish and unmotivated. before treatment I was also frequently depressed. Can't recommend this doctor highly enough!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

My experience with Dr Russell has been excellent. He is extremely professional and competent. I have been a patient - initially for weightloss - for the past five years. Dr Russell is now my doctor for life extension and wellness. The fort time I saw him I was amazed by the amount of time he spent with me - nearly an hour though visits are normally 30-40 minutes . No other doctor has ever spent such a long time or taken such a detailed history and interest. Dr Russell takes each patient seriously - I have recommended several friends and family members to him and he does not neglect any aspect during the visit. He has done extensive training in bio-identical hormone replacement in America and Australia and keeps up to date with everything with gives you confidence in him. I love his facebook page. My experience has been extremely positive and helped me cope with several health challenges.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I've been under Dr Russell since August 2012. Under his supervision I've stabilised my testosterone levels and improved my vitamin D levels. My weight has reduced, I hardly get sick anymore (possibly also to do with diet and sleep changes)I recover much more quickly from my vigorous workout schedule and my bone density and muscle mass has improved significantly. Can't say enough good things about my experience and the results I've experienced. Oh and the staff have been such fun too!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This is a very professional yet warm and friendly office. I actually love coming to see Dr D'Scarlett. I get to have a cup of tea and a chat with his wife just like an old fashioned doctors visit. It makes the whole visit very personal. I have had great results with my treatment although it has been difficult at times to follow all of Dr D'Scarletts recomendationslike going to bed before 10pm and giving up the junk food it really has paid off. Now my hormones are balanced I no longer suffer from fatigue and depression. I highly recommend Dr D'Scarlett.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr d'Scarlett has been treating me for seven years now and I highly recommend him. His knowledge in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and lifestyle medicine is exceptional, you can really tell he takes a personal interest in it and lives what he says. I think he's in his late forties but he looks like early thirties, fit and smart. I love this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr Russell is an extremely caring doctor who fully understands my fatigue and libido issues. He has taken care to attend to all the issues surrounding my wellness, including monitoring my sleep time, my nutrition and overhauling my exercise program. I have lost a considerable amount of weight, have more energy than I did 20 years ago and am no longer suffering any depression. Thank God I found him!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Reading the reviews here speaks for itself really!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr Russell D'Scarlett has managed to make my chronic fatigue worse. I was prescribed Hydrocortisone and Desiccated Thyroid. After about 14 months of being on these medications, I continued to suffer and gain a lot of weight. I would tell him my concerns and I would barely get an explanation except just keep on with it all and it will get better. Well, it Never got better!! I would email and ask for help and advice and would have to wait days or weeks. By this stage I felt so unwell and would have to work out what my developing symptoms were meaning and adjust my medication accordingly. Eventually, my stomach was distended so far I looked pregnant, I was always short of breath and I was having unusual mood swings, while continuing to feel weak and exhausted a lot of the time. Eventually I went to an Endocrinologist and she said I should never have been put on these medications and to stop taking them. Why would someone who has a history of hyperthyroidism and Reverse T3 dominance be put on Desiccated thyroid???? It made me worse!! I eventually weaned myself off them and am still carrying the excess weight from the hydrocortisone. I have recently had the proper hormone saliva tests, which I never had from Dr D'scarlett and it turns out my progesterone levels are off the chart - dangerously high. This has pushed my estrogen levels through the roof also. No wonder I am still so weak and unable to lose weight. Anyway, have been prescribed T3 thyroid hormone, which will eventually get me feeling good again. I wasted thousands of dollars just to get sicker!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr Russell D'Scarlett has set himself apart from other medical practitioners by specialising in bioidentical hormone replacement. I find his bedside manner bland, unemotional, with no sense or understanding of humour. He is robotic. Dr D' Scarlett's fee's are "outrageous". Especially given the fact that he is essentially a GP, with dubious long term knowledge regarding BIHR. As a patient you are expected to continue paying exorbident fee's for each visit, where he essentially reads & interprets your results which takes no more than 5 - 10 minutes. His response to all email medical queries is several days, a week, or nothing at all. Over 18 months, & at considerable expense, Dr D'Scarlett put my health in serious peril. He refused to explain, apologise or take any responsibility. He is a coward. I am deeply affected emotionally by his attitude, & was physically compromised by his negligence. I recently saw an experienced Dr in BIHR & have miraculously felt better within 1 month of treatment.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Great bedside manner. Very knowledgeable. Helpful and friendly. Would see again and would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

Dr. Russell D'Scarlett's Credentials

• University of Western Australia (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Cairns, QLD