Ratings for Dr. John P. Richards

They will never answer the phone.Worse office people i ever encountered.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr. Richards has moved to a new location less than a mile down the road from his previous office. This was due to the floods in June 2016 Address: 4710 Chimney Dr., Suite H, Charleston, WV 25302 Phone Number: 304-935-2513

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Staff is EXTREMELY rude! They talk to you in a way that would offend anyone. There us no excuse for it . It us a shame that Dr. Richards allows it. The office is also always overbooked and even when in a room it takes forever to be seen.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

DR.Richards staff is rude and unfriendly .And very unhelpful so sad he is a good doctor .but i can not see him anymore they are to rude.I will find an other good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Richards himself is very easy to get along with and very competent. He listens well and diagnoses the patient along with the symptom. As the last comment says, though, his staff is terrible. They are rude, do not make calls back, and will not make any effort to get your test results to you in a timely manner. If Dr. Richards were paired with a better front office, this would be great. However, the "face" of his office is an ugly one, indeed.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Dr. Richards staff is extremely rude. They lack an acceptable response time when returning calls. When asked for a referal to see a specialist I waited for 2 full 8 hour working days before I decided to call back and follow up. I have been in severe back pain and when I did follow up, trying not to be too much of a bother, the staff member became agitated that I called back. My only goal was to obtain a referral. I also had a lab result several months earlier for which my doctor waited a full week to call me after he recieved the results. It ended up being MRSA and the doctor did not feel like I needed to know evidently. Sure am glad my family members did not get it. My 18 month olf daughter would have it rough. I would have really appreciated that information when it first became available. If you are looking for a family practice to settle into with your family I urge you to explore other options. I will under no circumstances be paying for this offices services again.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Richards understands how to listen to his patients, and he is willing to act as a partner in medical care rather than an autocrat. He is such a good doctor that I'm willing to drive over four hours to see him for non-emergency matters. I wish it were possible for me to see him for emergencies as well. His clerical people are very friendly but they sometimes forget things (like sending you copies of normal test results).

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I have been a patient for many years and he is wonderful. I had lost insurance and I have an auto imune disorder he is always great and ready to help!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. John P. Richards's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1980)

GHI