Ratings for Dr. Lea Bailey

I agree its very difficult to get Dr. Bailey. But when you do she is a good doctor but a little rushed and unfocused at times. The last 4 times coming to this practice I have been unable to meet with Dr. Bailey. I have been seen by a PA and some RN that was a tad difficult. The office staff seems to make errors often. I have been given incorrect date/times for appts and its very very frustrating and maddening. So maddening I finally switched to a new practice because of this. No fault of the doctor or PA but I took my business to a more efficient/competent office.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

She's kind, considerate and detailed oriented and helpful

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

The waiting is ridicious. She is a very good doctor, I don't ever feel rushed, maybe that is why is Always run behind

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

First visit and was not great. Wait time was too long and there was a mix up with my records. When i did get into the exam room I waited about 1/2hr before being seen. Being a male I was a little apprehensive because of the nature of my visit. Dr Bailey was very rushed and a tad pushy. Very quick to exam me and it just made me feel uncomfortable big time. They wanted me to see the APRN. I said no (from reading stuff here) and they said because of the mix up in records I'd have to wait just a little longer to see Dr. Bailey. That turned into 1hr in the waiting room and 1/2hr in the exam room. I've since went to a different practice down the street. Its been over 6 weeks and my file has not been faxed over to the new office.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

This is in regards to an APRN named Kelly. I was supposed to be seen by Dr. Baily but was told she was not in. Actually the young girl told me "Dr. Baily never works Tuesdays!!" well if that is so why did you book me that day??? They insisted it was my fault. I've only seen Dr. Baily a handful of times and she was a tad confrontational I guess. But this time I saw an APRN and I have to say the level of knowledge of the APRN makes me question her responses. For one she had to leave the room to ask a doctor a question. And she seemed too text book with no personal diagnosis. I might switch doctors as it is very hard to set up an appt with Dr. Bailey and I might get better care from someone else. We shall see.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

She was the on-call doctor and I must say it was the worst experience I have ever had. I called in a script but there was a problem, so I called the office and she called me back. she was unwilling to fix the problem and she was rude...and then I became rude. The error was from their office and I had to go without my med for for three days, it was a holiday weekend...my doctor called me once the office re-opened and was very apologetic, and also told me that Dr. Baily had said she has "never" been talked to in that manner...my response to that was then it was long overdue. The script was for Klonpin, for a debilatating anxiety disorder...and you can't just stop taking it. She did not care at all. I was being treated as if I was an addict...and my response to her was very strong, as a knew the hell I would go through over the long weekend...needless to say, if my doctor is not available....I will not see her!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

I had an ok experience with Dr. Bailey. I agree that the office staff is not very patient or "warm". And wait time is too long. When i went to see her i was seen by a trainee first AND THEN her. I found this annoying and voiced my opinion but what can i do. she was helpful in some of my concerns but i agree that she was very "rushed" and needed to get to the next patient. if she opened up her own practice alone i bet the care of service would be so much better. i have only seen her 3 times. 1 time when i showed up i was told she does not work today. instead I saw a RN and lucky it was just for a prescription. office needs to get their ducks in a row. i'd say she is an ok doctor at best. i might switch.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Office staff not responsive. Seem on edge. Waited about 1hr before being brought into exam room. I have seen Dr Bailey 4 times for an issue and each time was not the ideal experience. She seems rushed. I agree with assembly line attitude. I too have seen the a NP because Dr Bailey does not work at this office full time. The NP was not friendly at all. I have since switched doctor's office. Can not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

I have seen Dr. Bailey for 4yrs now. I am sorry to say I finally switched doctors. In those 4yrs I have found the office staff to ALWAYS be on edge. At times rude. When I make an appt. I am always seen late. The worst was waiting 1.5hrs in the waiting room. The young girl (receptionist) explained that it was a glitch in their computer and I was put in on the wrong day and it did not calculate the times correctly. Poor excuse, if true then get a new system. The other thing is in the last two years I have been seen by a 30 something APRN in place of Dr. Bailey. This APRN was not helpful at all. The reason for seeing the APRN was because Dr. Bailey was behind. Dr. Bailey was helpful and was somewhat knowledgeable. But she was always rushed and did not listen most of the times. Finally I had enough and switched to a new doctor. Maybe others have had a better experience.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Lea Bailey's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Bristol, CT