Ratings for Dr. Nicolae N. Filipescu

I was his patient back in 2010 and was diagnosed with LOW GRADE cervical dysplasia.I agree with the others--he can be very insensitive.What did it for me was when I got scheduled for a procedure and nobody informed me that my procedure got moved an hour early.Actually,I was already in the hospital 2 hours before my supposed scheduled minor surgery but did not know about the change when I got a phone call asking where am I and that THE doctor is upset because I did not show up on time.To make it worse,when I tried to explain to him what happened he gave me an apathetic expression and said, "Get undressed!" then walked out.After that day,I decided to fire him.YES..we can fire our doctors!BTW,he considered HYSTERECTOMY on a woman of child bearing age (me) with a LOW GRADE cervical dysplasia.What he did not know was I am a doctor as well.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I saw Dr. Filipescu for the my third pregnancy. First was a c-section, second a VBAC. I wanted to try for a VBAC again if my health and my baby's health allowed; Dr. F was agreeable - until I got to about week 30. Then he pressed hard to schedule a c-section. He told me that babies are - by definition - better off outside the womb than in after week 36. When I asked if my or my baby's health suggested specifically that she needed an early delivery he said no. He repeated that as a rule ALL babies are better off outside than in after week 36. He also told me my final ultrasound results were "very worrying" because my baby was measuring at the 10th percentile (I'm a slight 5 footer), and then revealed he hadn't actually looked at the ultrasound. In fact according to the report my baby had all very positive indicators, she was just small. That was the final straw. I switched OBs at 37 wks. I had a successful VBAC.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Dr. Filipescu is a great doctor. Very kind and reassuring. He is soft spoken and actually listens to you. The other doctor in the practice is great also, Dr. DiPaolo. You can trust them both with your health care.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. Filipescu has been my gynecologist since I hit puberty. He is confidential and completely trustworthy. I don't feel uncomfortable with him, and I feel like I can tell him about my life. His office is in Arlington and is easy to get to. He and his staff are kind, helpful, and knowledgeable about their field. I can trust him to give me the best advice for what action to take regarding my health and birth control choices.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

Dr. Filipescu has been my doctor for 25 yrs. I prefer doctors who are teachers. I find them up-to-date and professional. He qualifies in both categories - his office staff also. He has performed 2 rather complicated surgeries on me. My husband waited nervously during the surgeries. As soon as the procedures were over, the dr. answered his questions and assurred him I was ok. The hospital staff told me that I had the best surgeon and the one they would choose for themselves. They were very respectful of him and deferred to him in all matters. My daughter is his patient also. She feels the same way. He is extremely professional and caring. He is attentive to questions and allows as much time as needed for them. I cannot express enough my respect for this man, this doctor. He laughs and says he is surrounded by women at home and in the office. He is justified to be in an enviable class by himself.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I had my first baby with Dr Filipescu and then a miscarriage with him. He is the eperience but nothing else. Here were some my big issues: does not take the time to explain, presurrizes to opt for inducing labor (3 friends)or a C-section (me), staff (other than the nurse) is the worst and the doctor needs to be blamed for this as he is the one hires this staff. My first pregnancy was really very good so I did not worry about some of these things. But the second time was an eye opener. He did not even order a pregnancy test for me and just declared I was pregnant since my test at home came back positive. He does not do regular visual ultrasounds just the checks the heart beat. But once the miscarriage happened it got really bad - they could not schedule a D&E and their front desk person asked me to just stay home and let it all pass as people used to in the olden days. They were so insensitive - it was a nightware. There are many other good doctors with good teams-GO TO ANOTHER.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Wish I could give a ringing endorsement.I've been going to Dr. F. for over 20 yrs. Prior to him I went a few yrs. to a female GYN who had a better bedside manner, but had a malpractice suit against her. I went to Doc F. on recommendation from a dr. my mom worked for. A few yrs. later he did mention I was becoming fat (based only on the scale) and I told him that I had been near anorexic when I first saw him. He shut up about being "fat" since then. (I've been 140-ish lbs. at 5'7")He's def. old school, but he doesn't rush me when I have qstns, exams aren't painful for me, and he's complimentary on my taking care of myself. I do like wine on occasion. He doesn't agree. Oh well. As long as he doesn't lecture me. Guess I'm too lazy to change doctors. I have new insurance "Guardian". If he doesn't take it, I'll seek a new doc. Bottom line, I don't recommend him to a new patient.I'm used to him. Also, haven't had problems w/staff. They've always been friendly and competent in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

He almost seriously jeopardized my unborn child's health. I had severe pain when I was 5 months pregnant and I was also vomiting. So I went to the ER and by chance he was there and even before having all the ultrasound and blood test results he told me and my husband that there were only two options and they both required surgery (twisted ovaries or appendicitis) and it was up to me to wait until the next morning and see or proceed sooner. He gave me IV antibiotics and I decided to spend the night in the hospital. The next morning I was fine and left the hospital with no explanation of what had happened. Last but not least, in one of the previous checkups he told me that my vaginal lips were very large and that he could remove them. I find it very unprofessional to tell this to a pregnant woman. Luckily I had to move before my labor, but I've always wanted to report him to the Medical Society.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr Filipescu is a very good doctor!! If you are looking for someone to always smile and tell you how good you are looking ( referring to someone who was saying that Dr F told her she is "fat " ), then you can choose another Dr. If you look for a good care , corect and straight opinions than go for it !! Dr F. took the best decision when I needed surgery regarding my cervix precancerous cells.He proceeded the surgery and now, after 2 yrs, I am perfectly fine, so yes, I will and still recomending him !!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

I was horrified at my experience with Dr. Filipescu. My three children were delivered by two wonderful doctors in other states, so I came to his office with great previous experiences. I have a chronic, but managed, disease, fibromyalgia, and take medication for it that keeps it under control. First he mocked the disease, saying it did not exist, then he mocked the medication I take for it, then he mocked me for "falling for" believing that I had it. I felt angry, humiliated, and just stunned that a doctor would mock a patient with a painful ... and very real ... disorder. His entire attitude was rude and dismissive and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Dr. Nicolae N. Filipescu's Credentials

• French

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Healthnet