Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Troiano

After breaking my foot I was very concerned about my future as an athlete. Dr Troiano was calm and reassuring, performed an excellent surgery, and kept me on the right path for recovery through a situation I knew nothing about. I could not be more pleased with my results.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Tells it like it is. Follows a good process and I still have my foot because of it!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

This Doctor is top notch. I had an infected leg wound that he treated. Everything he said would happen did. Everything he said he would do he did. I had access to him 24/7. 5 stars doesn't do him justice. I had been treated locally for months and my wound was getting worse. He performed surgery, put in a skin graft and Saw me once a week to monitor my healing. I wish I could have this man as my GP. Also his wife , who is the head nurse was also top notch. I trusted this man completely which is something I don't do very often with doctors. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

If I could rate him 10 STARS, I would. He did major reconstructive surgery on my foot, plus lengthened my Achilles tendon. Before the surgery, I was unable to walk just 1 mile without a lot of pain and swelling. Dr. Troiano was able to quickly and expertly evaluate the situation with my foot and ankle, and provide options for a path forward. He was very professional during the consultations, spending as much time as I needed to fully explain what he could do and how he could do it. He sent me on my way with options to think about and a direct means to contact him with any questions or concerns. Two conversations later, I booked the surgery, and am so glad I did! The surgery went very well, I had almost no pain, and I ended up with a fantastic result. Also have to mention that he remained extremely attentive for the entire duration of my recovery. Cannot express how grateful I am for what he did for me, and I would highly recommend (and HAVE RECOMMENDED!) him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Troiano is a complete lifesaver. I came to him a bunionectomy and two surgeries that follow and was in extreme pain and not walking correctly at all. He walked through a few different surgical options with me, really taking the time to explain everything. You can truly show how much he cares about his patients and their well-being. After surgery, Dr. Troiano gave me multiple means to contact him if I had any issues. Never had a doc do that before. He made off hour appointments for me to accommodate my schedule, being that I live an hour away. Not only that, but just shy of 3 months post-surgery, he said I am healed - full mobility and activity can resume as normal (and I am a runner). Wouldn't be possible without this doctor. I wish there were more than 5 stars to give. AMAZING podiatrist. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thanks Dr. Troiano for everything! And your nurses rock, too!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

So, this guy has the same personality that so many surgeons have...patronizing, obnoxious, vaguely rude. HOW EVER...this guy, in 10 days, healed an infected wound on my foot that my previous doctor couldn't heal in 10 months. Dr. Troiano is brash and not particularly nice, but there is no better foot surgeon around. I will never go to another podiatrist as long as I live in Philadelphia. Oh, by the way, the biggest problem with this guy is that he's associated with Penn Presbyterian Hospital which is a complete sh*t hole. Dirty, lousy nursing staff, just a shitty place.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

This guy. For real though. Amazing. Took great care of me

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

This guy. Not real though. Amazing. Took great care of me

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I came to Dr. Troiano after having two failed surgeries on my left foot. He was extremely sensitive to the damage that was done and how scared I was because I was seeing my third doctor. He explained what was wrong and how it could be fixed. He did a great job. He also has been very involved in my recovery process. I have made great strides in recovery and am extremely grateful to him. I would highly recommend him as extremely competent and caring.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I met Dr Troiano at the wound center in summer of 2012 and from the first visit I knew that he was different then my previous Drs. In the medical community I am not the "normal" textbook patient, and my history is extensive. However he truly listened to my long story, asked lots of good questions, came up with a game plan that was outside the box. He did everything he said he would, and MORE. He expressed great concern the day I came for follow up visit and I was having extremely high blood pressure and pulse, I did not want to get admitted. He talked to me and you could sense the concern and care that he had with me leaving his office and going home, so I agreed to stay and get admitted even though I hated hospitals because I thought the care would be the same. However it wasn't with him and his residents being there through the hospital stay.. He gives you access to him via phone, text, and email, so during the hospital stay I could email or text him questions and he responded promptly, and never once did I feel like a bother or my questions were stupid or no significant!! You won't find a Dr that truly cares about his patients then Dr T. He is a patient advocate and he helped me get the care I needed not just for my foot/toe but helped me get connected with my current cardiologist. Even though his office is over an hour away, this year when I started having ankle pain, I made the trip to see Dr T, as I knew he is someone I can trust to give an honest opinion. I know he truly cares about me as a person, and not just a number or a copay in his pocket. His care and compassion for his patients has made me want to be the same type of provider to my future patients when I graduate nursing school this year. The medical community needs more doctors like Dr T!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015