Ratings for Dr. Richard C Hagerty

I would candidly strongly discourage anyone from going to Dr. Hagerty for any surgery whatsoever. Although he is a gifted surgeon, the follow up care from staff and from him is dismal and borderline malpractice. Not only did I have a staple left in my scalp which led to a staph infection, I also had an allergic reaction which due to his lack of follow up and listening to my concerns, prolonged my healing time by three. Once the surgery is complete, he washes his hands of you. I am appalled by his lack of professionalism and follow through. After consulting with a local well respected dermatologist, I was placed on the proper medication and the infection and allergic reaction were immediately relived--all of this could have been avoided had I received proper post-surgery care. Absolutely DO NOT recommend this plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Would recommend this Doctor to anyone!! He is very knowledgeable & very professional.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

I had a nose surgery with this doctor and was terribly disfigured. Literally. When he unwrapped it he said, "oh my god, I am so sorry." I've spent the past several years having multiple surgeries to repair the damage and have spent over $100,000 to fix the nightmare he created.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

"Duke" did a cosmetic eyelid procedure for me that was very helpful in reducing wrinkles and dark circles and making my face look more youthful. There was a minor complication from the procedure that he fixed at no charge. He also did a beautiful job removing a facial scar I had had for years. Very pleasant man, high level of expertise, helpful staff. I would go back to him for additional work but it's expensive.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr Hagerty performed double tram flap surgery for me almost 19 years ago. He was wonderfully surportive during the troubles I had prior to the surgery--my prosthesis had ruptured (I had breast cancer and had double reconstruction-not performed by Dr. Hagerty).I saw Dr Hagerty after the rupture and he worked with me for such a long time, trying to find another prosthesis that my body could tolerate. When nothing else worked he did the tram flap. I cannot say enough good things about him, his expertise and kindness. A great surgeon and person. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

Dr. Hagerty performed a breast reduction on my 15 year od daughter. We had consultations with other surgeons in Mt. Pleasant and Charleston but we were most impressed with Dr. Hagerty. I cannot say enough about him, as well as his staff--I would recommend him to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon. He has a wonderful bedside manner and really listens to your concerns. I cannot forget his nurse, Sherry...she answered all of our questions and was thorough and very competant. He accepts BCBS, which left us paying very little, but also accepts Care Credit, which allowed us to make payments on the small amount we owed to him. His staff is very friendly and they do not overbook their appointments--so there was never a long wait at our appointments. My daughter is very happy with her breasts and minimal scarring...she is very comfortable in her body now and said she if she could go back in time, she would definitely do it over again!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

Dr. Richard C Hagerty's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

• BCBS Illinois