Ratings for Dr. Jason A. Brodkey

This man gave me a second chance at life. I had back surgery in May 2017 which was a complete failure. The original surgeon not only performed a failed surgery, but could not figure out what he did wrong. For about two months I laid in agony with the only relief coming from a pain clinic that blew the back of my brains out with narcotics (which still did little to alleviate the pain). Thank God I had it in me to get a second opinion from Dr. Brodkey, who spotted the problem in about 15 minutes! Dr. Brodkey then performed a second corrective surgery and it was a total success. I am agony free. I highly recommend Dr. Brodkey, particularly if you have had a previous failed back surgery.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Staff very friendly & knowledgeable. Able to ans.questions. Always very punctual. Never had a long wait. If it was more than a couple minutes someone was informing you & Dr was in room soon after. Never been in any facility that was more helpful. The knowledge, kindness, & caring of Dr. Broadkey was above & beyond any surgeon my husband or myself have ever seen. My husband is coming upon his one year since O R. The day of surgery he did fantastic. Dr Broadkey helped him to stand & walk in post op holding area where he discharged him to go home from. NO Recovery room My husband felt great. NO pain. He was able to walk very well. Discharged to home where he used a walker first couple of days (just for balance). He only had a couple of pain pills first & second day. When he stated pain was not really bad enough for pain pill. After assessment of pain discovered it was only surgical, not from back pain. He was given Tylenol that worked very well & controlled the pain. He was able to do his own shower second day after surgery as allowed. Also gave up walker & was walking well on his own. On third day walked approximately 350' to mail box & back with no problems. Only problem after third day was making sure he didn't over do it. He was ready for normal activity. He stated he wished he had found Dr Broadkey & had the surgery much sooner. The follow up spots. With the Dr were very informative. Dr Broadkey is WONDERFUL. We thank God every day for his help in giving my husband his mobility back. My husband is 65 & pretty much a workaholic. All kudos to Dr Broadkey. We gave him a 10 rating on a scale of 1 - 5. He is Great. My husband was first or he ever released from O R to go home

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Helped me get rid of pain I lived with for 10 years. Top notch Dr.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Incredible doctor! Caring, personable, and brilliant!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Amazing doctor and great staff! I had to have a spinal fusion and would recommend Dr. Brodkey to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

You may have to wait but it is worth it because when he is with you he gives you his complete attention. I have had two back surgeries and I thought I needed a fusion. He showed me I didn't need that and is working with me to find a diagnosis for my pain. He gave me a lot of time and a lot of information. He was caring. If for some reason I need another surgery I know he will be the one to do it.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Dr. Brodkey did a L4 laminectomy and L4-L5 fusion that completely eliminated my debilitating sciatic nerve pains. Everything has gone just as he indicated it would....even better. I'm healing just fine and looking forward to resuming a normal, active life. This doctor is top drawer.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Dr. Brodkey did a spinal fusion of the L5 S1 level.I can honestly say i had NO PAIN from the surgery. I was up and in a chair the 1st day. I was up and walking in the halls the second day.I had no pain at all. It hurt getting in and out of bed, but that is all. I was going up and down stairs the 3rd day at PT. I recommend him very very highly. He is great and I am very grateful to him. It has been 2wks. since my surgery and I have been shopping, eating out at our favorite restaurant,walking a lot outside, and NO PAIN for me at all. I am a 67yr old female. I was useing a walker for the 1st week and a half. People are surprised that I am not in any pain and I tell them that he is that good. I think he is just the best and I gotta tell you that I was so scared to have it done, really scared.....and he was so very good. He is good at what he does that is for sure.Everyone in his office were so nice to me. The people who took care of me at St. Joes were great.Everyone was very good to me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Very nice. Had to wait a while once but it was because he was on call the night before and had an emergency call. He always took as long as I needed to talk and explain what was going on with my back and neck.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

Dr. Brodkey is amazing..I would and have recommended him for any future surgeries needed. Thank you !

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

Dr. Jason A. Brodkey's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ypsilanti, MI