Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hesham Lakosha

Dr. Lakosha and his staff have been amazing. They have all been pleasant, given helpful advice and are very efficient. I am very pleased with the results of my surgeries. The office and surgery are top notch and I would highly recommend Dr. Lakosha. He takes great interest in dealing with your eyesight and eye health.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

my comments with regard to my recent eye surgery, appointments and follow -up are that my treatment by staff and in particular Dr Lakoska have been positive and truly professional. We are blessed to have the Halifax Eye Institute with its convenient location, and a clean, modern facility at our disposal. l

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Lakosha has been my Doctor for several years. Have I waited a long time? I lam always prepared to wait at a surgeon's office because they deal with emergencies. I find him extremely professional. He is certainly not a chatty person but one day I asked him about a drawing a young patient gave him. Underneath that very professional exterior is a man who truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I visted Doctor Lakosha about one year ago for follow up on eye cancer. His comments were very unprofessional and ignorant. I was advised by surgeon at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto to return for follow up and he said no that is not required in a very ignorant tone and mannerism. I hope nobody has eye cancer that sees him as he thinks it is not a big deal. He thinks that he is the only Doctor in Halifax that can deal with this issue. Please see your GP before you go there is othere doctors in Halifax with same or better experience and are not rude and listen to you.

Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr. Hesham Lakosha's response
Thank your taking the time to leave a review for our practice. Dr. Lakosha has been practicing as a comprehensive ophthalmologist and eye surgeon for close to 20 years. Dr. Lakosha is also on staff at the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Halifax, where he provides special services in ocular oncology and diagnostic ultrasound. He is currently the only Ocular Oncologist practicing in Nova Scotia, and during this time he has treated and saved the vision and the lives of numerous oncology patients. Patients are referred to Ontario only for treatment which is unavailable in the province. Follow up visits to Ontario after treatment are not covered by MSI because Dr. Lakosha is able to provide follow up care here in Nova Scotia. These guidelines are set by MSI and are well explained to the patients.

Submitted June 15, 2017

I recently saw Dr Lakosha and wouldn't return. Waited 3 hours. My appointment was for 10:40 and I left office at 1:40. When I asked questions about my diagnosis it seemed as though I had a lot of nerve and was responded to very short and abrupt. Spoke to others in the waiting room as we had 3 hours to chat and they felt the same way. Guess I need to see him for a money making eye lid lift procedure and not a health issue to see the positive Dr.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Hesham Lakosha's response
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your visit to Halifax Eye Institute, we know your time is valuable and we apologize for the delays you experienced. We provide all our patients with the highest level of care, and sometimes unforeseen events happen which cause us to fall behind in our schedule. While we always answer all questions asked by patients during their appointment, the health of your eyes is our utmost concern so please feel free to contact us by phone or email with any further questions you may have. Thank you again.

Submitted May 11, 2017

I'm so pleased with my eye lift. You truly are a miracle worker, Dr Lakosha.! The surgery suite is incredible, the staff professional and your skill impressive!! I would highly recommend you and your facility , great job! Thank you!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I really appreciated the ample free parking available sat your clinic, it's never easy taking my elderly parents hit appointments and trying to find parking, Tgsnk you, Dr Lskosha for providing us with thus wonderful luxury!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Thank you, Dr Lakosha, you did a great job on my eye lid surgery! The new office is incredible! Hats off to you for opening this very impressive "big city,, state of the art" clinic in Halifax, yet maintaining such personalized care .

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Have had eye surgery with dr lakosha and he made it feel routine.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Lakosha done my eye lid surgery the results were very good...he is very considerate and wait time is minimal ... I'd recommend him for sure

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Hesham Lakosha's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hesham Lakosha completed his medical training at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. He then went on to complete two post-doctoral fellowships—one in ocular oncology at Toronto’s Princess Margaret Hospital, and the other in Vitreoretinal training at St. Michael’s Hospital, also in Toronto.

• English