Ratings for Dr. Karl A. Spector

I have been going to Dr. Spector since he took over the practice. He is not as attentive as he was years ago. He seems real passive. The staff is ok. They have been helpful. The new assistant there is not very good. She doesn't make eye contract or ask questions. Kelsey was great! She listened and really helped me. I am looking to leave and find another primary care. Right now, I get better care at Patient First.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

The office staff is rude and often times mixes up the appointments of the patients. They have cancelled my appointment and rescheduled me. I went to the rescheduled appointment and they claim to have notified me. I got the notification and rescheduled but they rescheduled me when the Dr. was on vacation. When I pointed out their error, they snarled and yelled at me for pointing out that they dropped the ball on my appointment scheduling. The office staff in the past have lost my documents, mixed up dates yet they never forget to charge me the co-pay. Do not go to the Bel Air office. Most of the time you get pushed to the PA, who is good and is the only bright spot in the office. I took the time out to write this review to warn people who value their time. Until the office staff gets customer service training and become more efficient and kinder.

Submitted January 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Spector for 5 years, he is a great listener and gives excellent advise and patient care. His staff is friendly, helpful and very competent. His office is clean and comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I had a very frustrating and unprofessional experience at Spector's recently -- specifically his Physician's Asst and staff. I had severe lumbar strain and stayed home from work an additional week (after the first week) at the instruction of the PA. My disability company kept denying my request to have the second week covered and kept insisting more info was needed. Why? The PA and staff had never faxed over a letter they asked me to draft (for the PA's signature -- unprofessional in and of itself) AND they had ignored three calls from my disability insurance company. The claim was FINALLY approved but only because my chiropractor was kind enough to send all of his notes and a summary report (in fact, the full claim was approved the day after I faxed his materials). PATIENT BEWARE -- GO ELSEWHERE. Spector was great when I was a new patient but less so afterward; after this debacle with his staff -- needless to say, I'm going elsewhere. Anything is like pulling teeth!!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Spector for 6 years. I was extremely impressed with his caring, the time he took to explain, to assure us that we are well taken care of. I guess his growing practice did affect his bedside manners. I felt it during my last visit. He had no patience and gave me the definite feeling that coming to see him was useless. I still believed in him and encouraged my daughter to see him. She had several symptoms and I was worried. Dr. Spector was literally RUDE. He made us both feel stupid for coming. Obviously no one takes time out of his schedule to go see Dr. Spector for fun. Obviously patients need assurance, and an internist should understand that. He might be knoledgeable, but extremely rude. Success got to his head, and he needs a break, less patients and time to evaluate his practice

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! completely rude; I have never been treated with as much disrespect as he treated me. He sat in there for five minutes, (I've been vomiting each day for the past two weeks) and told me "well why would you see me? What do you expect me to do? Why didn't you just go see a gastroenterologist? There is not a answer for everything, you may just have to accept that there may never be a reason for this..." without even examining me!!!! I seriously will never ever go here again, and if you want to go to a caring doctor, DO NOT GO HERE!! He made me feel so stupid and just left out of the room after giving me a referral and without saying goodbye. I left feeling very confused and frustrated.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Spector for 2 years now and never once have seen him or even been introduced to him. Although I get appointments immediately they are for the PA ( who is very good). When I first started going there he had an associate, Dr. Rubenstein and I did see her each time. Since she has left the practice I'm always placed in the hands of the PA. It would be nice to know I'm seeing the Dr. once in awhile. Otherwise, very good staff, PA is excellent, and always get an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

We are very impressed with the time he took to help my husband and me.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I have relied on Dr. Spector for over 10 years. Anyone who knows me is aware that I would not show that sort of layalty unless I had found a TRUE professional that is both reliable and exceptional at what they do.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Spector for many years now. You will never find a more careing Doctor around. He he very honest with you and really look out for your best interest. He is a great listener. If you live anywhere near Belair and need a great doctor here he is.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Karl A. Spector's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Bel Air, MD