Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Septon

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I am so disappointed that I saw Dr. Septon for a suspicious-looking mole on my back. After telling me it was not cancerous, he made a comment under his breath, to the effect of "but what do I know." Then he said,"You don't know me from Adam." No idea what that meant, but it sounded like he was telling me to get another opinion. He told me nothing about removal options, even though I asked. He mumbled a lot and said removal would be "very expensive". He drew pictures and scribbled the entire time, but failed to share any of that information with me. I felt too shocked to ask questions. This was a terrible experience and now I have to get a second opinion. I got to my appointment 10-15 minutes early and had to wait about 40 min. after my appointment time to be seen. Three patients came in while I was waiting to complain and they were very upset. Now I know why!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

If I can spare one person from going to this doctor, than I guess it will have been worth it. To say it in the most polite way, he needs to retire! He ran late, had poor social skills, seemed highly distracted, unknowledgeable, rushed, and focused only on getting paperwork filled out and leaving the room as soon as possible. He was not thorough at all and offered not help or suggestions to my questions. It was the biggest waste of time and money. Please do not go to this man...I promise you will be disappointed. He should not be allowed to be practicing. Ultimately, I felt like I was being taped on a hidden camera as a prank because the whole experience seemed like a complete joke!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

HE SUCKS! I went in there because my doctor thought I had an STD, and I was so scared he didn't have any type of sympathy what's so ever , he diagnosed me for what he said was a type of skin diseases that I couldn't take anything and I would have to deal with it, I tried asking questions but he was very short with his answers and rude I left for confused. It was awkward since he was drawing on his note pad, it was just really bad experience !

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

No lies, JUST facts I can proove in court which I am thinking of contacting HIPPA to file a formal complain. He is the worse (so called) doctor in Lake County. In August 2010, I visited his office & waited 50 minutes in his ugly hole-in-the wall exam room to miss-dignosed me with MPB. He did not listen to what I was telling him and rather told me to use Rogaine as he was walking out of the room. He DID NOT examine me at all, did not even touch my hair. H straight told me that it will get much worse in 2-4 months. (Well, it never did). He took a photo of my head & that's it. I can not believe he got a med license. I did not believe him or put any stake on any of the crap that came out of his mouth, instead I visited the BEST dermatologist in Illinois, Dr. V. Fiedler in Winnetka which she immediately diagnosed me with dermatitis & TE all started due to the fever I had developed 2 months before shedding. It's now about a year and my hair is coming back slowily. HORRIBLE doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Met him for the first time. Ran 1 hour late. Staff response: Poor. Dr Septon looks like a moody person Then he spent 2 minutes examining me. And spent 10 min scribbling on a note so that insurance will pay him. Don't recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

He spent very little time getting to know me before deciding i neded 3 biopsies immediately. I should have left then. He was very cold and heartless! He said my biopsies would "hurt like hell" and they did.I requested novocane which he reluctantly gave me. He carved out 3 areas of my body leaving me with stitches in my foot. My foot stayed numb for 5 days. I was unable to walk for a few weeks without crutches. I called him and he NEVER returned my call. The nice physician's assistant returned my call telling me that Dr. Septon was at a conference. At least he cared enough to apologize for my discomfort. After several frantic calls from me, the nurse finally returned my cal only to tell me that Dr. Septon couldn't talk to me. I had another doctor take out the stitches. At my return visit, Dr. Septon DID NOT see me,just the PA.I recieved an incomplete report of my biopsies and of course, a bill. I WILL NEVER SEE DR. SEPTON AGAIN. IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORROR!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

There are better choices of dermatology practices. If you want your questions answered, go elsewhere. Don't count on any helpful input unless you ask and basically wrestle it out of them. Bedside manner could be more friendly...

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Very unprofessional setting. I almost left but knew I would be charged so stayed. Took me to a room full of old exercise equipment with broken ceiling lights - basically a storage room re-purposed. I sat in a metal folding chair next to a card table. The doctor came in with a ripped t-shirt. Put on his "mole looker atter" (his words) to check my moles. I wondered if he was even a doctor. Spent most of the time talking about expensive laser procedure. I wonder where all of his money goes... surely not into his practice. Will never go back!!! Waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I have seen Dr. Septon 3 times, and each time I had to wait 1-2 hours for my scheduled appointment. During my visit to his gurnee office, the patients in the waiting room were treated to a loud personal phone call by one of the staff. She was arguing with someone (boyfriend?), then complaining about him to someone else. It was a long, loud conversation to have to overhear in a professional environment. In my appt. today, the doctor was very short with me and hurt my feelings. He didn't seem to care about my questions, interrupted me, and spent long periods of time just writing on a piece of paper during which time he brushed off conversation or questions. He told me not to read the "common skin conditions" booklet next to my chair, (saying neither of us should be distracted), but then he just silently wrote notes for 5 minutes! Good thing I wasn't distracted during THAT! On the good side, he is knowledgeable, and the staff whom I actually met were very nice.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

Dr. Robert M. Septon's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1969)

Top Hospitals in Libertyville, IL