Ratings for Dr. Manish B. Viradia

Severe muscle weakness, I have trouble walking, a stiff breeze could knock me over , little to no bladder control, extreme exhaustion yet unable to ever sleep. GP sends me for a head MRI that gets flagged, needs me to see a neurologist to outrule MS. Wait TWO MONTHS for an appointment with him. Tells me I'm sleep deprived and writes me a script for 6 months worth of Ambien. Never even does a physical exam. When I asked him about all my other symptoms? Told me flat out he didn't know. Tells me he needs to see me back, I ask him when. Tells me to "go see the girls at the desk" and hands me a sheet of paper. When I hand them the sheet, it's not for another visit, it's actually for an EMG, that he never told me about. Wait time for that appointment, another two months. After about a month of taking the Ambien I called there to tell them my hair was falling out, thinking this was either another symptom or a side effect. Some other doctor called me back and says "just stop taking it, you've only been taking it a few days ", with no suggestion as to another course of action. I go, I've been taking it a month I can't just stop, "well cut it and half and take it for a week". Never have I ever come to meet a doctor that showed zero interest in finding out what was actually wrong. I didn't believe for a second that sleeping meds were going to cure any of what had been going on and I was right, they didn't. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time waiting for an appointment here. The place is like an airport for checking in and checking out. No wonder there's no personal experience.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Fantastic Neurologist! I have been treated by Dr. Viradia since 2014 after relocating from the New York City area. I have consistently found Dr. Viradia to be friendly, approachable, professional, knowledgeable, resourceful and empathetic in regards to my painful conditions. This is my experience for appointments: I sign in at the front desk and the staff makes sure all information regarding me and my appointment is correct and updated if necessary. You are directed to the appropriate waiting room (the building and lobby is beautiful and well taken care of with free coffee too), and the wait time can vary between 5 minutes or 25 minutes depending upon an emergency with a patient. Next, you are called in by a friendly assistant who takes you into the examination room, where they check your vitals, ask you questions about your concerns and bring up all your info (test results/xrays/mri, etc.) onto the screen for Dr. Viradia when he comes in. The wait in the exam room can be between 3 minutes-15 minutes. When Dr. Viradia walks in you are greeted warmly by him. He remembers your face and treats you as a human being. Dr. Viradia is friendly and professional while doing so. He truly cares, listens to everything you say, explains and breaks down information for you to understand completely. He looks you in the eye if he is not looking at the screen and the gears in his brain are always working. He will try all means available in order to find a proper diagnosis and/or medication to treat and alleviate symptoms. You are working together as a team and you can sense it. Dr. Viradia never rushes you out, communicates with you on the same level and I feel positive that I have been able to come across with all my concerns when I leave his office. You know that's always a good sign. One time I did my own research at home to find more information about a condition and someone posted a study/research on a link between Chronic Fatigue and Trigeminal Neuralgia (according to the study it's the same nerve from the brain). Anyway, I printed out the study, highlighted what I wanted to mention in a nutshell, and after mentioning this, Dr. Viradia actually asked if he could have a copy to read. That shows Dr. Viradia is humble and a humble person seeks knowledge externally from what he already believes or knows to be fact in order to consider the possibility of something greater. Many of today's doctors frown on patients who search the internet for information as if we are betraying them as a doctor. Dr. Viradia welcomes it. Dr. Viradia has fantastic assistants/nurses who are available at all times and return calls promptly. I would know. I suffer from pain all the time and have had to make numerous calls and they were always professional in spite of that. That's what a professional doctor and his staff should do and Dr. Viradia and his staff do just that. I always look forward to going back again regularly and I wouldn't change this doctor if you paid me. It's helpful to remember that doctors don't have all the answers. Dr. Viradia want to help you and it's all a process of elimination until he finds out what the problem is and how to treat it. I truly enjoy my doctor-patient relationship and I believe you will to. :O)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Viradia was treating me for Multiple Sclerosis for approximately 4 years until one day he decided to tell my husband I DID NOT HAVE MS! How does a doctor treat you for a condition for that many years, does tests, prescribes medications and then one day says, "Oh, you dont have MS?" I've since been to another physician and she has confirmed my MS diagnosis. I wouldnt send a dog to this doctor. Something fishy going on in this practice.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Excellent physician

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Viradia's since 2004. He is absolutely the best doctor. His compassion and caring is beyond measure and that extends to his staff as well. Before I was lucky enough to be under his care my life was one painful existence. Now I have a wonderful productive life thanks to him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I went to see dr viradia about two weeks ago. What I got was his assistant "dr" whelan who they will tell you is a dr but is NOT. She is a rude, dismissive, know it all who does NOT know it all. She actually admonished me for my own opinion about what was going on in my own body. She turned her back on me for the entire appt while she typed on her computer. She is a nurse who thinks she is an award winning doctor. She did a short (2 minute at most "exam") and then TOLD me what I had. Despite the extensive amount of research I had done on my own, going to quite a few doctors out of my geographic area and gathering their knowledge and then going to dr viradia because he was nearby, she dismissed all of that and then said "I was wasting time" with this research. When dr viradia came in he wanted to know her opinion on the drugs she would put me on. Every time he told her why one was a bad selection and he would go with another, she would say that was her next choice. Find another practice

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Viradia for 8+ years for MS. His compassion, gentle manner and level of care are second to none. If something comes up that he hasn't dealt with before, he is the first to recommend a second opinion to confirm that he is on the right track in treating the patient. He is always attentive, remembers your history without having the file open, and asks about how 'you' are doing. He not only wants to hear about any new symptoms or issues, but also about how you are dealing with all of them. He sees the entire patient, and that is what he treats. Not just the muscle spasm or neuropathic pain, but the person inside who is being affected by this disease. His nurse, Marilyn, is wonderful and shares the compassionate attitude of Dr. Viradia. She returns calls the same day, sometimes well after 5PM when the office closes. She makes sure all patient needs are addressed before she herself leaves for the day. I know many of his MS patients, and they all share the same opinion.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Outstanding. He's worked with me for the past 15 years on the neurological damage I suffered from an accident, and is simply the best specialist I have ever used. Deep dedication to his patients, and asks question after question each time I see him to stay on top of its situation and progress. Visited me numerous times at the hospital at his own volition to comfort me and help talk me through the situation. The bottom line is that when I let folks at other medical facilities and tell them that he's my physican, they know his name instantly as one of the better neurogists in the state. Several as also told me that I'm very lucky to have him as my neurologist. I see one very negative rating, which I would immediately discard. I notice that it provides no details or justifaction at all, so that alone pretty much tells you all you need to know.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

A very nice person, he tries to be helpful. He is seemingly not plugged into the larger neurology community - has no referrals when something is outside his experience. Many things are outside his expertise level, I wish I lived closer to a city so I had access to a broader range of medical experts.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

He is the best dr I have been too. He listens to you when you talk, makes you feel at ease and no question is too simple. I feel like I am talking to a friend instead of my dr. Bedside manner is great-I can highly reccomend this dr.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011