Ratings for Dr. Sara Guirgis

Worst doctor ever. Completely dismissive I went there for for a mental health plan as the doctor I usually saw was away and she told me to "get over it". This GP is dangerous. The Royal collage of GPs should be involved.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I previously saw Dr Portia at this medical centre and was sad to hear that she'd moved, so I made an appointment with the next available Dr, that being Dr Sara Guirgis. I left this appointment feeling infinitely worse than beforehand, and to be blunt, like I was societal scum. Dr Guirgis made me feel like I was a piece of ****, excuse the terminology, and the degradation commenced almost immediately. I have tattoos on my arms and hands that are not offensive in nature (flowers and birds) and my first observation when entering her room (after being yelled to come in from the waiting room like cattle) was her look of disapproval and stereotyping me immediately. I'm a well-spoken, educated individual in professional office employment, and while I am accustomed to a certain level of generalisation when it comes to my body art, I believe a healthcare professional should be impartial and not allow their personal opinions affect the way they interact with patients. Unfortunately I don't believe this was the case with Dr Guirgis. Especially in a community such as Newtown where individuality and self expression are celebrated and 'the norm,' I was blown away. I took a seat and I thought my foot had rested slightly on a chair leg but apparently it was her shoe and she looked down then up then said "get your foot on your side of the table" like a principal scolding a student. This set the tone for the rest of the interaction. I was cut-off mid sentence whenever trying to explain my symptoms, and told I should have gone elsewhere. Like other patients have mentioned, she pushed for a blood test and stated "You know you have to pay for this, right?" Her manner and approach throughout was aggressive and made me feel uncomfortable. I'm a confident 34 year old male and while this all occurred over four hours ago, I still feel anxious and deprecated. As others have mentioned, she spent a lot of time doing what appeared to be nothing, and despite the few people waiting for her, she disappeared for a while and made no apology or explanation on her return. She seems to have no regard or respect for other people's time or situations. I'm sorry to say that this was the worst encounter I have had with a GP. It is inconceivable to me that Dr Guirgis is allowed to practice, and incredibly frustrating that she will probably continue to treat people with contempt when they come to her for help as she founded the practice. Please try to see an alternate doctor if at all possible, especially for legitimate concerns. I would like to point out that the receptionists were lovely and as helpful as they could be, and it's only due to their approach that the overall rating on my review is greater than 1 star.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I have to echo these reviews , firstly she bellows from her desk for patients to come into her room - she doesn't get up from her seat , she then examined my throat from behind her desk , checked me a prescription for antibiotics - and that was it - over in three minutes and pretty dismissive. My throat though is still really sore , 3 days later. I've got6 another appointment booked at another doctors this afternoon

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Went to this doctor once, think she needs to go on a long holiday preferably in a long term mental health facility. This doctor is useless, has a terrible temper and screams at her staff in front of patients, disgusting. The only reason she is still practicing there is that she owns the business, there is no other medical practice that would hire her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I have been to this medical centre a few times with no problem but having being treated by Sara Guirgis once I will never ever step foot in the place again, she is an absolute embarrassment to her occupation. After a consultation with me I felt like she wasn't the right doctor for me, she didn't listen to me and kept telling me to be quiet and asking me if I had paid about ten times, abruptly made me go measure my own height and started yelling when she thought I was taking too long, I was given a large pile of medical documents that I needed to sign, when I asked her to explain to me what was what she also told me to sign them outside of her office because my half hour was up she was completely unprofessional throughout and when I left and asked that for all my future treatments I go see another doctor she straight up refused my right to choose, when she came out of her office to then assess what was going on in reception she told another sick man that was waiting on the phone for his Medicare card number to sit down, she hung up the phone on him and then proceed to tell him he needs to pay cash or get out and that they don't accept Medicare! Everyone in reception was disgusted. Overall the whole situation was a joke.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Some of the doctors in this practice are very good, but I will never see Dr Sara Guirgis. Unfortunately I had no choice when taking my daughter there last year. My daughter was asked to weigh and measure herself as the doctor would not get out of her chair. She didn't even know about a regular medication that she took, and had to ask me to spell it out and asked what it was used for. Another time I saw her myself when I had the flu, and on my medical certificate she wrote that I had a UTI...........

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr Sara is extremely unprofessional, rude and insensitive. Once I saw her and she was playing with her stapler while I was telling her my symptoms. She made me feel like a leper when she had to touch me. I will NEVER see her again. Newtown Medical Practice used to be a good place, but not anymore with the way she runs it. Do not go to her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

This woman has to be the most rudest, in compassionate, disrespectful, demeaning, degrading, totally abhorrent, abrupt and shallow, left my partner in tears. If a patient had 2 see her that was severely depressed and suicidal, after a consultation with this incompetent individual there be no doubt in my mind they would (at least 90% guaranteed) go home and top themselves, that's how cruel in her tone and manner and down right ride her behaviour is in her consultations, maybe that's how GP's practice in Egypt but no way it should be tolerated in Australia

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I was really sick saw Sara to get a referral, after completing she said something to me under her breath, I said "pardon me?" and she shouted "shut the door you stupid girl!" I took the referral to the specialist and they told me it was invalid. The specialist and I tried to contact Sara and Newtown Medical Centre to rectify the problem for a month with no luck, I even made appointments with her 3 times and each time I got there was told she wasn't in that day.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Worst doctor ever. She put on her latex glove to start examine me, how she notice there was dust on her table; proceeded to wipe it down then put the ball of dust in the bin. She then continued to examine my mouth with said unchanged glove. Digusting. She was asking for my symptoms and I ended up diagnosing myself. The internet was more helpful than the doctor. She is completely useless, I don't understand how she is still working.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014