Ratings for Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw

Dr Delashaw is completely negligent in his care of Talia Goldenberg

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Terrible doctor!Traveling from another state, he left me in another room & never came back to have consult. He also ordered an mri which was done incorrectly.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

He did brain surgery on my 16 year old daughter in 1996. The first doc said she would be dead in two weeks unless the tumor was removed, and he only knew of one dr who could do it. Dr Delashaw explained everything to us, and told us that type of tumor will recur. After a second surgery two years later, he was sure he got most of it. He saved her life. She had regular MRI s and even went to California to see him again for her last one. He said it should never come back. In 1996, very few surgeons operated on the center of the brain. He was awesome, yet very humble.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Dr Delashaw performed surgery on my neck in 2004. He did a fusion and laminectomy C5-C7 posterior. I woke up in the worst pain I have felt in my life. They kept me drugged for 8 days in hospital. Sent me home. I continued to have a pain rated at a 8 or higher. Found staples 3 weeks later on the side of my head. His office argued I didn't have staples in my head. My daughter took me there. Sure enough his PA removed the staples never numbing the area since skin had started growing over them. Of course there wasnt a record of them ever stapling my head for that matter removing the staples.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Delashaw gave me a lot of misinformation and happy talk. Horrible outcome to my surgery and he has no answers other than prescriptions to mask pain. Key word: malpractice.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

This doctor was the answer to my long search for the a proper diagnosis. he is someone you can trust and depend upon.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr Delashaw recognized that I was suffering and performed surgery on my neck very quickly. I have been pain free since and would undergo surgery again without hesitation if I had to.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I had enumerism behind my left eye and Dr. Delashaw & his team did excellent job. I lost my memory for a day or so, which he explained was normal after brain surgery as cerebral fluid needs to get build up again and there were liquid in brain which needs to dry out after surgery. It is amazing to know that the same blood which is needed to body to operate is not good when it mix up with cerebral fluid. Brain has it own separate blood (cerebral fluid) & body keep recycling it every 12 hrs. Anyway I am doing great after 3 years, no memory loss and doing well at Apple. Thanks again to Dr. Delashaw & his team.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr Delashaw is a wonderful neurosurgeon, extremely knowledgeable and skilled. He spent enough time with me to answer all my questions both before and after surgery. All the staff at OHSU were wonderful, both in the clinic and during my surgical procedure.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

I had my surgery in 2003 and I was rushed through everything. Then when I had asked a bunch of questions they were not all answered. I was scared of having brain/spinal surgery and I felt I did not get the comfort or answers I was seeking. Post surgery I was rushed in and out of the hospital and then follow up appt. They said everything was fine, which it wasnt because I went back a couple weeks later and they had forgotten to take a staple out of my head that was holding the paper thing in place. My skin was growing over it and causing severe pain. They had someone come in and literally yank it out of my head no numbing it or anything. I will never go through him again!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

HealthPartners