Ratings for Dr. Meriam P. Izon

Dr Izon is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I have been going to Dr Izon for almost 5 years, and while she is a very nice person, she does not seem to understand thyroid. She informed me that I had low thyroid and Hoshimotos, and prescribed levothyroxine for me. Every 6 weeks I went for blood tests, and every 6 weeks I was put on a different dosage. Eventually I was going in every 2 months, but with same results, up the dosage, try doing 5 days of this, and 2 days of one and half, etc. I thought maybe I was just a hard case to find the right dose, but the other week, her nurse called to inform me that my thyroid was now high and I needed to have my dose changed (again). She put me back on the dose I was on previously (and tested low). I asked why she would put me back on a dose that she knows does not work, and the nurse said he would ask. He called me a few days later, and said that was the dose to take. I am now looking at finding a new endocrinologist. This was the last straw. She is nice, I never had to wait too long, and the staff was generally friendly. But these things do not treat Hoshimoto's or make me feel better. I am sick of being tired.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

The staff at this practice is so bad, I will not see Dr. Izon again. They do not answer the phone and most of the time it goes to voice mail. They did not return calls about lab results in a timely manner. The PA lacks social skills to the point he is rude. Dr. Izon sent me to PVH for ultrasound, and even the staff at PVH commented on how unresponsive her staff is. They wondered if she knew. Clearly, from the train of complaints here with a similar theme, she knows and chooses not to address it. I made the decision to have my own doctor order the biopsy she recommended because I found it too stressful dealing with her staff. So clearly, I will not be returning. I found Dr. Zion herself to be very informative and pleasant, but bordering on giving general lectures about good health (eat well, get exercise, get good sleep), most of which I knew already. Her receptionist and PA were the deal killers for me. The whole package needs to work for the patient, not create additional stress. I did have a question about the radiology report, and her PA never returned my call to give the answer. I don't even know how they keep patients being this inept. I ended up consulting with a friend who is a pharmacist to get the answer. I would not recommend this practice, and have shared my experience with the referring Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had seen this doctor for several years because she was the only one taking patients in Fort Collins. She didn't seem to listen and would often appear frustrated and overwhelmed. After being her patient for 8 years, I called her on a Sunday to send in a new prescription for Insulin because mine was not working and I was getting hyperglicemia. She called me irresponsible and hung up the phone, although she did call in the prescription. The next week I received a letter indicating that she would no longer treat me because I rescheduled appointments more than 5 times (in eight Years!!!). Highly UN-recommended!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

All of the negative comments are exactly right on. If you are looking for a quality dr who has compassion, respect, integrity and high standards then this is definitely not the dr for you. PVH has a mission statement of world class health care but she does not fit this statement. Cold, uncaring, doesn't think its important to call you herself with test results , not even when its cancer. Her staff is as bad as she is. They never answer the phone and the only time they are nice is when you are a new patient, making the first appt. I would not recommend this dr to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Puts in the minimal amount of time and effort in every interaction. Recently, when I asked for a prescription refill (and I had gone to Dr. Izon consistently over three years) they faxed back that I should contact my primary care doctor. They couldn't be bothered.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

I saw Dr. Izon once a few years ago when I had tested positive for thyroid antibodies, which indicated that I had Hashimoto's. I researched the disease before I got there and wanted to discuss natural thyroid replacement and she wouldn't even consider it. She was very short with me, told me what my problem was and sent me on my way without really talking to me or listenting to my questions or concerns. I would never recommend anybody to her. I found an amazing Osteopath MD who has helped me to treat my disease with Nature Throid and common sense. He listens to how I am feeling and treats me based on that.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Izon is amazing. She is smart, thorough, kind, and has a great sense of humor. She had great insight into my condition and her prescriptions and tips on taking the meds and supplements were right on. She runs late for appts, but has spent a lot of unhurried time with me and was thorough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I like the Dr., but the office is horrible...waited two weeks to get lab results, they never answer the phone ever !

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

No one answers the phone. No one returns voicemail. They can't get a prescription right. Izon keeps you waiting too long for your appointment. Izon even discussed other patients with me.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

Dr. Meriam P. Izon's Credentials

• Univ Of Santo Tomas, Fac Of Med And Surg, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1990)

Amerigroup