Ratings for Dr. Jean Gillies

always late, or in some cases no show at all. staff does not return calls. does not follow up with tests, and/ or after tests. finally stopped in exasperation and went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Gillies is very good at diagnosing, but unfortunately I find she is a very old fashioned doctor who, at times, has been condescending and critical, and on a few occasions I have been talked down to like an idiot. Follow up paperwork can be very poor, requiring multiple phone calls, and other doctors never get any copies of her reports.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Gilles is a compassionate, expert in her field. I have been seeing her for a chronic series of sports related injuries and in 8 years of looking, she was the first doctor to methodically approach the issues and after a number of months of treatment, I am well on the mend. The treatments are painful and expensive, but they work. Dr. Gilles will also take all the time required to properly consult with you and address your questions and concerns. As a result, she is often running late, and that's the way it is.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Does not communicate with my GP or follow through with tests.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Gilles and her team have given me my life back. After a serious car accident, I have a life again. I'm still doing treeatments and wouldn't trust anyone else to do this to my entire low back.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr. Gillies is a very kind, intelligent, informative physician who does very thorough assessments. However she doesn't follow through on things like MRI requisitions (took six months to have one sent off and then my appt was for the following year) and a referral to an orthopedic surgeon (been waiting seven months for this). She has also been wanting to contact my physiotherapists to discuss my case with them but after giving her their names, numbers and clinic names multiple times she has not yet contacted one of them. I often feel like a burden to them and as if I'm a very low priority patient. By delaying these tests and referrals she is delaying possible treatments after I've had chronic pain for 6 years. I often feel that because I'm not a professional athlete I fall to the bottom of the list and my pain is insignificant in comparison. However I am a registered nurse and I need my body to function so I can earn a living

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

She is a very good Rheumatologist for the spondyloarthrisis problems like I have and the prolotherapy treatments helped my pains. I had to wait to see her and she won't take the BC plan MSP for payment any more, so this got to be very expensive for me which is not good. Thousands of dollars. I wish she could get the payments from the BC system for seeing me and doing these shots. I would certainly recommend her but be prepared to wait and pay, to see her. I don't have extra insurance but it can cover the treatment.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Gillies is by far one of the best physicians in this province. After visiting five GPs she diagnosed me in a half hour visit, diagnosis later confirmed by MRI. Her knowledge, expertise, excellent diagnostic skills and bedside practice are way superior to any other MDs I have met. I cannot speak highly enough of this compassionate, dedicated professional.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Dr. Gillies is the most thorough, compassionate, open minded physician I have met in over 20 years of searching for help. She takes the time to do a thorough physical exam and has a lovely bedside manner. She spent a great deal of time compiling information from other doctors I had seen and was able to create a plan than no one else had suggested. It made a huge difference and I am well. Even though her appointments often run late, I appreciate the time she spends with me so don't begrude it to others. An absolutely amazing physican with years of wisdom to draw from and 10 years as a physio support what she knows. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. Gillies is always willing to go the extra mile (or 20 hours) to find a diagnosis based on a careful assessment of the patient's history and symptoms. An EXCELLENT clinician.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012