Ratings for Dr. Jean Gillies

Dr. Gillies is unlike any doctor I have met. She takes her time to diagnose you and to make sure to provide the right treatment. For those who come in with unsolved pain for five years and expect to be diagnosed and treated in 10 minutes should go elsewhere. There is a reason why that pain has not gone away and expecting a immediate cure is ridiculous. I personally would greatly appreciate that a doctor would take that much time with me to figure out what's really going on instead of injecting me with needles after talking with me for 5 minutes. She really is the most knowledgeable doctor I have met and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Please cancel Joel's subsequent appointments. We were unsatisfied with the treatment we received at your clinic. We are now a patient at another clinic where Joel received injections on the first visit. The injections were done with a view to stop the pain (a compassionate approach). In one visit, he received an entire treatment (not just half a head) and the pain was relieved for a few hours. Charges were only $50. May we suggest that Dr. Gillies go into a research position, as she seems to have lost sight of the original goal of helping people get relief from pain. Note: - We waited 4 weeks for an initial visit to "determine eligibility" when eligibility had already been determined - Joel was referred from a pain clinic in McLean VA. - After two hours of questioning, Dr. Gillies said Joel was a candidate for "headache protocol" and told us to come back in a week for injections. - First available appointment was TWO weeks later, when Dr. Gillies proceded to spend another hour asking the same questions as the first visit, then gave injections (finally) but decided to stop after half the head was treated (stating it would be "interesting" to see the difference in pain from one side to the other) and charged $700 - We feel obligated to share this experience at your office with others so they will be informed of your methods and operating procedures.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Chronic headaches and neck pain brought me to her office. After waiting for weeks to see her she would only ask questions for two hours then offer injections next visit - 14 days away. At next visit, had to answer same questions for another hour then get only injections for half of my headaches/head. She said it would be "interesting" to see the difference in pain from one side to the other. I asked if she was not going to inject the other side. She replied that I'd been in pain for 5 years so what's the difference of waiting until next week. I'd like to pound a nail into her arm and offer to help her with the pain in 10 days time. She's insentive, methodical to the point of irritating, and has no compassion for those in pain. She should be a researcher.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

World class diagnostician who cares deeply about her patients. She spends whatever time is necessary to help, even on weekends and days off. Thorough doesn't do justice to her approach, which is why on occassion the appointment starts late. If you prefer the 15 minute appointment, assembly line approach - Dr Gillies isn't for you. If you want the most knowledgable and thorough medical care then she is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

the place is overall a A+ she is the most knowledgeable Dr i have met. She spent hours addressing my pain and reason for visit . Just started my treatment .. fingers crossed Thanks everyone there for the level of service you provide.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

always late, or in some cases no show at all. staff does not return calls. does not follow up with tests, and/ or after tests. finally stopped in exasperation and went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Gillies is very good at diagnosing, but unfortunately I find she is a very old fashioned doctor who, at times, has been condescending and critical, and on a few occasions I have been talked down to like an idiot. Follow up paperwork can be very poor, requiring multiple phone calls, and other doctors never get any copies of her reports.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Gilles is a compassionate, expert in her field. I have been seeing her for a chronic series of sports related injuries and in 8 years of looking, she was the first doctor to methodically approach the issues and after a number of months of treatment, I am well on the mend. The treatments are painful and expensive, but they work. Dr. Gilles will also take all the time required to properly consult with you and address your questions and concerns. As a result, she is often running late, and that's the way it is.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Does not communicate with my GP or follow through with tests.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Gilles and her team have given me my life back. After a serious car accident, I have a life again. I'm still doing treeatments and wouldn't trust anyone else to do this to my entire low back.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015