Ratings for Dr. Amy Hammons

My husband, myself, my elderly parents as well as my adult sister all use this practice. We have all found Dr. Hammons and the staff to be very knowledgeable, courteous and professional. I have had to wait beyond my appt time on occasion but have never had a dr's office that didn't have me wait at one point or another due to emergencies, etc. Dr. Hammons has always been a respectful and active listener in my family's experience (of over 2 years) and I can and do highly recommend her and this practice.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I had a severe ear ache. Was at the Dr. office before doors opened. There was no one in the waiting room since it just opened. I was in tears asking if the Dr. could see me. They went and asked the Dr. Hammons and when they came back they said she could see me at 2:00. I could not understand that since there was no one in the waiting room. I will not use her ever again

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr Hammons nurse is very rude and unprofessional. My husband and I both use her, I am happy with the care she provides to him but she doesn't respond the same to me. I don't feel like she listens, I've follow her recommendations and but still live with pain and anxiety. I am a health care professional myself and understand the problems with addiction but there are many medications that can be used to help with pain. I will be changing MD's but encourage my husband to continue to use her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Felt like Dr. Hammons did not listen to what I was saying. explained problem to me in very technical medical terms. Medications she prescribed where not helpful.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

HAD PROBLEMS WITH MEDICATIONS, CALLED DR'S OFFICE THREE TIMES AND COULD NOT GET A RETURN CALL,FROM DR. OR NURSE.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Dr. Amy Hammons's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1994)