Ratings for Dr. Keith D. Smith

Love this doctor! He is wonderful! He spent so much time with us and is so caring.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

If you have PCOS, avoid this doctor, he has a very old school approach. He will give you medications that were practiced in 1960's. My hormones were closely monitored, but never did an ultrasound or anythubg. When I switched to an advanced RE, he was surprised that I was on those meds, he immediately told me to stop them. And I got pregnant one the first cycle after trying the new oral medications (not injectables).

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Smith is absolutely wonderful and has amazing bedside manners. He is the absolute best doctor I have ever been to! ??

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I misunderstood the cancellation policy as a new client and was treated rudely by the staff. In the end i have no issue paying the money and UNDERSTAND that a missed appointment is unfair to the Dr. and his staff, however, the staff could have shown some grace and empathy in explaining this instead of rubbing it in my face as to the situation being my fault. the approach they took was a defensive which was unnecessary and unpleasant.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

I've been treated by Dr smith around 15 yrs. I was having hot flashes from hell and he immediately fixed me up. He also referred me to an amazing endocrine surgeon at M.D. Anderson and has probably saved my life by doing so. He wins the award for best bed side manner of any doctor I have had. Also wins the award for best listener and best humor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Years ago Dr. Smith was described to me as the "Lion in the forest of obgyn's / endocronolgists". Indeed, he is. Caring, kind, great sense of humor, brilliant, responsive, thorough are just a few words that come to mind. Always smiling, he seems to love what he does. He spends ample time, answers questions and is never rushed. Simply put, when I leave I know I've seen the best of the best.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Smith for over twenty years now. He is the most wonderful, caring and thorough doctor that I have ever encountered. His sense of humor is grand and I've never once seen him anything but happy to be doing his job. He listens patiently, is very thoughtful with his reply and always explains anything I don't understand- and is happy to do it. I don't know what I'll do when he stops practicing medicine. It will surely be a great loss to me and to the patients that owe him so much. He's the best of the best in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I love Dr. Smith. He's a fantastic doctor. I have been a patient for many years (being treated for hypothyroidism.) When I was pregnant, He carefully followed me during both pregnancies with constant testing of my low progesterone. His careful detail to attention and willingness to order tests when necessary saved both of my pregancies. I cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Smith is a gem! After many doctors telling me my symptoms were in my head or I just needed more exercise, I really started to believe I was just going to feel lousy for the rest of my life. As a last resort I went to Dr. Smith after a friend said he is the best of the best. At my first appointment, before he even took me into the exam room, he exclaimed my thyroid was huge! Turns out I had Hashimoto's Disease and thyroid cancer! Dr. Smith and his staff have been so supportive through the whole process and got me right into MDAnderson for treatment. Like everyone else has stated, you usually have to wait an extra 30 minutes or so, but it is soooo worth it! I'll come in with a list of questions and things I've found on the internet and he will patiently listen and explain everything. He's been in practice a loooong time but I don't think he'll ever retire. It's obvious he loves what he does and he loves his patients!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

Dr. Keith D. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1959)