Ratings for Dr. Daniel B. Channell

The staff is less than desirable. I had a post op complication and called his office and they would not help me. They said I needed to see my primary care MD even though it was a surgical complication. I'm actually changing providers over this. I've been in healthcare for 26 years and was treated terribly.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Staff is terrible! They have made mistake after mistake during my last pregnancy. More concerned about money than patient. They don't smile. Never pass messages to the Dr and automated reminder system for appointments is horrible! Would receive 4 calls and 4 emails confirming appointment! I will be there! His staff stressed me out. Dr. Channell is a little dry but ok. His staff makes Dr. Visits horrible!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Well I say it to everyone he saved my life! Over 10 years ago I walked in after 2 years of misdiagnosis and he asked how I was doing. I was just coming in for a routine pap and he asked how I was doing...I looked at him with a you don't want to know look. So he started asking questions. In about 30 minutes he said I think you have Endometriosis, lets schedule surgery and see. Sure enough it was and I stayed with him through two pregnancies and finally my hysterectomy. I have followed him from office to office. I have only had him cancel one appointment, his wife and I were pregnant at the same time and he called to ask if he could reschedule my appointment because his wife was delivering. Both deliveries were great. He kept me from having a C-section with number one and induced my second daughter so I could ensure he would be here to deliver her. His office staff over the years has been rocky. His wife is not as calm, Claudia her own sister quit years ago and now is back.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

The doctor is great, the staff is very poor. The staff will harrass you about insurance, not pass on messages to Dr. Channell if you call, and generally make everything difficult. Dr. Channell is a good doctor though, but his bad staff almost cancels out the good experience.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I made an appt a week in advance just to show up and wait over 20 mins and have the front staff be RUDE and tell me they don't take my insurance. Yet, Cigna verified with me TWICE that they are contracted with my medical group. I had to point out to the front office that I had been waiting and ended up leaving due to their insurance issues. I called to complain with the Office Manager, Claudia, just to receive the same RUDE treatment. Why did't they check/verify insurance when I made the appointment instead of wasting my time requested off of work. I WILL NEVER REFER OR SEE DR. CHANNELL AGAIN!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. Channell is knowledgeable, highly skilled, professional and excellent care provider. The quality and level of treatment that I have experienced as his patient has been outstanding. I can't express enough how fortunate I feel that I found such an amazing doctor that provides proper diagonsis and treatment of fibroid related problems. 5 stars all the way!!!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

Love this Dr! He is the best! Calm, answers all questions, wait IS long but when he sees you, he gives you all his attention, no rush.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

I went to him after my miscarriage and he did no follow up work, not even a second blood test. He made no effort to obtain the pathology report on my baby and when I questioned him about low progesterone he informed me that he didn't believe in supplements because low progesterone is a symptom of a bad pregnancy. I must have really psychic hormones, because I was diagnosed with low progesterone 20 years before my first pregnancy. My regular GP did all the follow up work and even gave me a copy of my pathology report. I would not recommend him because he really only understands younger woman who fall in the 'text book' range.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Just had my baby via C section on 03/30/09. He made very good judgment & decisions. Such a knowledgable physician. Would love to see him again on my next pregnancy

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Dr. Channell is very calm, understanding and caring. You can tell he really cares about his patience. The wait time was approx. 10 minutes! His office is very comfortable and equipment looked up to date. Answered every question! I loved him.. would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Dr. Daniel B. Channell's Credentials

• Japanese

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

AARP