Ratings for Dr. Rajat Gupta

I called Dr. Gupta office in attempt to schedule an appointment andspoke with the receptionist (sounded like a young lady) who asked several difficult questions that I feel only a Doctor could answer! I was extremely polite to the receptionist and after 20 minutes of her screening me she asked if i still wanted to schedule an appointment. I didnt understand what was going on and became frustrated with the receptionist and she eventually informed me that i should try to schedule an appt. with another office. I ve never experienced any line of questioning before and was quite confused on my part of why she was asking these questions. I tried very hard to answer her questions a until it became apparant that only a doctor could asnwer some of her question! This was rediculious! I DO NOT recommend that you seek medication attention for this doctor or be rudely treated by the staff.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

He told me there's no such thing as a sinus headache! What a quack! It was funny because in the waiting room was a chart of how to determine whether your headache is a migraine, SINUS HEADACHE, or stress headache.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Gupta was no help in relieving me from occipital neuralgia pain. In fact, he kept me suffering a lot longer than I should have. The entire time he kept telling me "you have to be realistic about your situation," and only gave me 100 mg of neurontin which I had to beg him for. Later, I found out from a Houston specialist that I should have been at 1800 mg. minimum to help me lead some semblance of a normal life. Gupta was also, going to freeze my nerves and I later found out, from my Houston doc., that freezing is horrible for your nerves; It would have made things so much worse. He never even told me I had occipital neuralgia, he just said there's a problem with your occipital nerve. Also, he closes at 4 pm and takes all the same Fall, Winter, Spring holidays public school kids do, so if you need to see him regularly, you'll miss a lot of work. A much MUCH better neurologist in Austin is Dr. Greg Thaera. He is brilliant and extremely caring and accommodating, or if you're considering surgery for ON, see Blake/Perry in Houston.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I went to Dr. Gupta yesterday and had a great experience. My primary care doctor called him the night before and Dr. Gupta we completely full the next day but made the time to see me after hours. I was very impressed by that, I mean who does that these days? He's also asks a lot of questions and answered all of mine. I thought he was great and his staff was very nice. A+ experience for me.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Gupta is a very patient, and kind Dr. He takes the time to fully explain any procedures, and answer any question I have. I am really glad to have found him to help me with my headaches. His staff is very nice and helpful as well. I even bring my 5 year old with me to my appointments, and they are understanding and sweet to him. He is worth the long drive!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

My visit with Dr. Gupta has been a life changing experience!After a head injury by a student(5 months ago),I continued to experience severe pain to the right side of my head,neck,shoulder and arm. The extreme pain to the whole right side of my head with constant tingling and numbness was frightening.I was convinced this would be a lifetime of moderate to severe head pain and limited mobility to the neck,shoulder and arm.In his consultation he made several recommendations for treatment(nerve block injections & acupuncture).I agreed to all he suggested.The treatment has been amazing!For the first time in 5 months,the head pain,tingling & sharp shooting pains up the side of my head are gone.I can actually wash my hair without pain,sleep comfortably and move my neck,shoulder and arm with greater mobility.He is such a compassionate person and very informative about the treatment, expectations,etc.I would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I have suffered from migrains for 15 years. The last two years I have had a headache everyday. The last six months have been awful suffering from the most painful migrains I have ever had including two ER trips. I have tried every intervention on planet earth to help my headaches and nothing works. This was my last resort! I am in love! Dr. Gupta knows his stuff and I was in tears telling him my headache history. He was very sympathetic! I recieved and injection that he recomended and I HAVE NOT HAD A HEADACHE since that day! This has given my life back to me. I love my husband and my kids again. I say don't wait as long as I did to got see Dr. Gupta!

Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr Gupta's staff manager is inexcusably unproffessional and should NOT be dealing with patients or their families.In addition, Dr Gupta does not keep a level of continuity with his patients . He does not call back when asked several times to reach out to a patient most pecially when they have gone to the emergency room. He suggest the emergency room for issues he is should be dealing with as the attending physician. It is a poor use of our Health care System to ignore a patients reaction to a porcedure Dr. Gupta performed tell them to the emertgency room. It is medically unethical. This physician is more porblem then one needs when they are suffering compassionate

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

The front desk is VERY personable and always able to help. There is practically no waiting time between you arriving and being seen by your doctor. Dr Gupta is to the point and very knowledgeable. For those that are truly hurting from chronic pain, you know that being overly friendly is not at the top of your list of priorities to feel better. He was very thorough in my initial consult which lasted an entire hour with no interruptions. I have been to many specialists over the last decade and I understand my treatment options for managing my pain. Dr. Gupta knows the options and knows what will help alleviate your pain. I go to Dr. Gupta because he helps me manage my pain very effectively.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I have only been to Dr. Gupta twice but have had wonderful success. I have suffered from migraines for 20 years and after a recent car accident they increased from twice a month to 4 times a week. Dr. Gupta gave me an occipital nerve block and prescribed a new prescription (nasal inhaler plus anti-nausea). My migraines went from 4 times a week to less than 4 a month. The new prescription works great, no side effects like fatigue,etc. He was very nice, and was even sweet to my 4 children that were with me during the visits. The receptionist was charming and very welcoming. The office is beautiful, clean and comfortable. I found the entire experience pleasant (except for the nerve block, very painful but not unbearable). I would highly recommend Dr. Gupta.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Rajat Gupta's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1990)

Coresource