Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Spence

Excellent Dr. who is conservative in treatment and medication dosing.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Spence is a fantastic physician, He is a no nonsense type of doctor who looks out for the best interests of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr Spence is an excellent doctor who is always available to his patients. He goes above and beyond to help with patient needs. He truly cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

My last visit with Dr. Spence was June 29th 2015. One of his staff wrote my new prescription and Dr Spence signed it. A few days later I took my prescription to CVS on Willowcreek in Portage where they promptly refused to fill it. Seems for some reason his office gal wrote Percoset 7.5/300 which doesn' exist it should have been written Percoset 7.5/325. When I called his office I was told Dr Spence is on vacation and there was nothing she could do about it if I was having pain then maybe I should go to the emergency room or wait until he returns on the 14th of July. Well I hung on because if I were to go to someone other than Dr Spence I would be breaking my contract. I called his office again to see if I needed an appointment for Tuesday the 14th and was told no just bring the prescription in and he will write a new one. I drove to his office in Valparaiso and his office was closed up with no explanation and no one has answered the office telephone for a week. I am on disability and suffer from extreme pain my next appointment is scheduled for July 31st that's if Dr Spence shows up.

Submitted July 18, 2015

Great Intelligent Doctor! Dr. Spence definitely knows how to provide pain relief!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Excellent doctor who after a single visit, I can state with full confidence knows how to diagnose and treat pain. He is not like some other area doctors that will just try to "control" your pain. He will go after the root of the problem and offer you several ways to ELIMINATE the problem, instead of covering it up with medicine. Has unbelievable knowledge, and his staff also is very polite and easy to deal with. Would recommend to anyone struggling with chronic pain.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr Spenceis a nice young Man very caring and pofessional Office is old cramped and dilapdated Very tiny waiting room and Exam room were filled with too much stuf Front Office wasin same condition It was bursting t the need a much bigger office Doctor is very thourough and kind but talks way to fast and i extremly nevous I will see him agin as he came up with a good course to help my Orthapedic probles bt he needs a bigger offic Staff is vey nice and he has a rehab facility acroos the hall mnged byATI

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

explains what is going on untill u understand.this doctor also tries other tecniques to see what helps u.thanks doc spence the machine u prescribed cut my pain down alot not all the way but it is helpping .

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

He is a new doctor in Munster with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Michael J. Spence's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)