Dr. Walter J. Shurminsky

You may also like

This guy is a joke. He try and manipulates you into buying contacts and glasses from his office that are way more expensive than you can get elsewhere. He should go into sales and stay away from eyes. Don't go to him

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

This doctor fitted me for contacts 2 years ago. He does not give you a script, unless requested, so that you buy from his office. I returned in 2015 to have the yearly checkup. I told him that I would like to use my eye glasses benefit, rather than buy contacts this year, because I had a bunch of contacts remaining. He looked at my eyes with my contacts in, and said that the health of my eye is good, and that my prescription is still adequate. I just called to get my contact lens prescription so that I can order a box elsewhere, and he said he will not give it to me because he didn't charge me the $50 for a contact lens fitting at my last appointment. This is absurd. My previous doctor only charged the contact lens fee when she was fitting me for contacts. Not every year to renew the same prescription! This man is a very sales driven person, and really pushy about selling glasses and contacts from his office, rather than the patient going elsewhere where they are cheaper, and he was very rude to me about this matter on the phone. I would not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Great office and friendly staff. Good location. Dr Shurminsky is very helpful and spent the time to make sure I was satisfied. The new dispensary person is very helpful and took the time to find me the right pair of glasses. I don't know what these other reviews are talking about.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Never had a problem with staff, yes Mary couldve been a bit rudish but she's not there anymore. Susan is wonderful and helpful!!! Doctor very knowledgable and helpful and always makes time to see me with any problems I have besides my annual eye exam.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

They want more money from you!.The doctor is fine but lady name "MARY" is so rude she will never help you. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Rude and nasty staff. Not prompt at all in taking care of your needs. The doctor is o.k. Wouldn't recommend them at all.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I would never, never recommend this office to anyone. the office staff that waited on my son was rude, she misrepresented the product did not tell him that the lenses he picked were too thin for his prescription and then told him the glasses would be in within 10 days and he waited over a month. When he refused the glasses the office told the insurance company it was not their fault he didn't want the glasses after waiting a month and having and extra piece on the side since the lenses were too thick for the WRONG color frame .. and now he has to fight with his insurance company to get $600 credited to schurminsky so he can buy another pair of glasses. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I was appalled by Dr. Shurminsky's attitude and lack of honesty. He tried to charge me with a $65 additional fee for "contact lens fitting" when I only came to renew my yearly prescription! When I expressed my concern, he grabbed my prescription out of my hands! Only threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau made him gave me my prescription back! The two times I have been at his office, Dr. Shuminsky was clearly more interested in trying to sell me the most expensive contacts than my vision health. Don't go there!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

If you would like a doctor who does not clearly answer questions, avoids telling you the real cost of products, and has a staff who can't return calls for 2 weeks, mail a simple form, or forgets to process your claim until your insurance company then this is the doctor for you. With very limited vision insurance coverage I was appalled and dissapointed by the office's lack of consideration for my health and financial situation!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Walter J. Shurminsky's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1986)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a joke. He try and manipulates you into buying contacts and glasses from his office that are way more expensive than you can get elsewhere. He shoul..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor fitted me for contacts 2 years ago. He does not give you a script, unless requested, so that you buy from his office. I returned in 2015 to have t..."

December 11, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Walter" to "Walter J."

October 20, 2013