Ratings for Dr. Christine J. Duncan

Amazing Doctor! Love her so much. She is very caring

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Yes she is professional, but certainly not warm. She is quick, do not expect her to go in-depth about anything - almost as if you are wasting her time. If you can, see Dr. Bell or Dr. Ostroff.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I get why people don't love Duncan and of course it depends on each situation but she was fine during my pregnancy. I really didn't need to spend time with the doctors....if all is well there's nothing to say really. She delivered my baby and did it well. The nurses are the ones that smile and comfort you. I don't need that from my doctor during delivery. Do your job and do it well!! My mom and husband were here to hug me after. Dr bell is of course professional and friendly but ill take the professional over friendly. She was great!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

This physician is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. She is knowledgeable and listens. She does not fold under pressure which is important during emergencies. She handled my emergency c section and helped us deliver a healthy baby. If you are looking for someone to rub your back and tell you everything is okay then go somewhere else. If you are looking for someone to save your life during an obstetric emergency stay with her. She listens and cares she just has a hard time showing it. 5 stars for good skill & knowledge. Personality & good communication does not save lives.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

My first pregnancy was a nightmare; I transferred from Brooklyn to Queens when my doc left the practice & my first visit was with Dr.Duncan. I prayed that Dr. Duncan was not on-call when it was time for me to deliver (prayed for Dr.Bell ;-) but lo & behold, she was... My ordeal still haunts me; I was rushed into a c-section & not given any info at all as to why until 4 days later when Dr. Duncan came to sign me out... I'm pregnant again & I'm about to switch practices because I cannot go through another ordeal like I went through in 2010. Dr.Duncan reminds me of a statue, no personality, not even a smile.. I recall getting into the elevator with her months afterwards with my baby, no emotions whatsover.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Duncan for years and I consistently leave her office disappointed. I always say I'm going to give her one more try but I'm tired and I've returned to this doctor for the last time. She is cold and rushed, I never feel like I have an opportunity to ask questions. She makes me feel like she's judging me negatively when I do have the off chance to ask a question. My husband and I are ready to have children and there is really no way I could consider entering this chapter of my life with a doctor to whom I can't ask questions. If your looking for a doc who is strictly business and no personality this is your gal. Otherwise steer clear!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Duncan spent no more than five minutes with me. She did not listen to my concerns, and I ultimately needed to go to a different OBGYN. I wasted valuable time, when I could have been treated.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I liked Dr Duncan, she was nice and helpful. She knew my record and she answered my questions. I would continue to see her BUT i hate the office staff. The front girls are ok but not at all helpful and they are always rushing me. I never get any of the paperwork i ask for unless i go to the office and wait around for it.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

After reading all these negative reviews, I thought I would feel the same but I didn't. Yes, she is not as warm as you would want her to be, meeting a new patient and all (no hand shake nor a sincere smile), but she is straight forward and professional. She might seem like she's all business, but she is confident, knowledgable, and most importantly, informative. She made sure she answered all my questions before I left. Although she may lack that mother-like sensitivity, she is nice and polite, definitely not rude. I feel comfortable talking to her about anything. She doesn't have to hold my hand or give me a hug to feel confident that she is a good doctor. The staff was nice as well. They were helpful. The clinic was very clean and organized, plenty of parking.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I have been going to see Dr. Duncan for about 5 years now and really like her. She is straight to the point and likes facts. She listens to what I say, and even if she is short on time and doesn't say much, she is efficient and does her job well. I like her and love the fact that a yearly visit takes only a half hour from the time i walk into the office to when I leave because the whole practice is run very smoothly and efficiently.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Christine J. Duncan's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY