Ratings for Dr. Ernest G. Buchanan

We are fortunate to have been patients of Dr. Buchanan since we moved to the Cumberland Plateau. Dr. Buchanan listens, asks pertinent questions, and proceeds with sensible care. When a specialist has been needed, Dr. Buchanan has always recommended excellent quality doctors. His physician's assistants and staff are helpful and professional. We have found Dr. Buchanan to be knowledgeable, kind, and patient. His sense of humor is delightful, which is not mandatory for a doctor to have, but makes visits pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I always have a good visit. All staff is punctual and attentive.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

The staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. First time I got sick I called hospital to see if I needed to come in or could I wait til morning to the my doctor. The lady ask if I wanted her to patch me to his cell and I said "he takes calls after closing?" and she said yes. It was 10 PM and he had already been asleep but answered my call and after listening told me to go to the hospital now and not to wait for morning.He was fully involved in my care the whole 5 days I was hospitalized. I would not trade him for anyone.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

poor wait times,extremely limited knowledge,unfriendly staff, all based on my experience with this dr.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

The office staff and nurses gossip about patients and treat patients with disrespect. The office manager is very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Was my doctor for years before he moved away from this area. Me, my daughter and grandchildren loved him. I would recommend him highly. He has worked miracles with my ADHD grandson. My daughter drives to his new location about 40 miles away so as to not have to change doctors.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Wonderful doctor! Fast appointment and hardly any wait. Trust him with my whole family!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr Buchanan listens carefully to your problem---discuss it and gives a opinion and in doing this he is sitting in a chair by you fully focused on your concerns----he is very reassuring

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

Dr. Ernest G. Buchanan's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

AHC