Ratings for Dr. William E. Thorell

I was diagnosed with an AV Dural Fistula, cerebellum, high grade, high flow, March 2015. Basically a time bomb in your brain with no happy ending. Doctor Thorell and his team did an initial mapping of the blood flow in the affected area via a floroscopic angiogram, which is done while you are awake. Near the end of April 2015, Dr. Thorell successfully repaired the defect using a plan developed from the initial angiogram information. I was in and out of the hospital in 24 hours, from ICU to the street without so much as a headache or any side effects. After a year and three followup MRIs it is apparent that the condition is completely corrected. Dr. Thorell takes the time to discuss the medical issues and possible complications, answer any questions and take whatever time you need to get comfortable. He will call you at home at 6:30 in the evening to answer a question, even if he has had a long day fixing head traumas and strokes. The Omaha area is very blessed to have this doctor, extremely talented, approachable and totally without pretense. His staff is also very capable, professional and accommodating. The cath facility at the med center is also impressive.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I sought him out after Dr. George Green treated me like a drug abuser. Turned out I had another brain tumor. Dr Thorell takes the time to listen and is willing to think outside of the box. Awesome physician!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I'm in early stages of my treatment but I am extremely impressed. Helping me totally understand my problem and my choices could not have been better. Extremely likeable guy also. My entire family appreciated his willingness to spend the time to answer their questions also. As one of the other reviews touched on ... his confidence is very reassuring. Jim Wilkinson

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Thankful to have been cared for by Dr. Thorell. Although the coiling was not successful I survived the surgery and know I had the best doctor to care for me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I want you to know you are in good hands. We went in not knowing a thing about the man. Initial appointments as well as surgery day he has been a blessing for our family. Though he is very intelligent, he talks to you and not above you, which is an oddity nowadays. He is very confident in his work but what impressed me the most is that he takes the time to answer your questions. I cannot say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

A very personable and kind doctor. He is an expert in his area of study.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

I credit him with saving my life, he doesn't. Very humble man. Highly intelligent, kind with a fantastic sense of humor. He is very straightforward which is hard for me to take but it gives you all the information needed to handle your situation. Can't say enough good. Very good interaction with family which is a big plus. Very approachable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

Submitted September 15, 2008

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

Dr. William E. Thorell's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)