Ratings for Dr. Gail M. Sobel

Dr. Sobel is what a doctor should be. She's brilliant, kind and compassionate. She spends as much time as I need with me and never makes me wait. Her diagnosis and treatment are right on the money--even when my problem isn't a gyn one! She's been my doctor for 15 years even when she is not in my insurance plan. I would never leave. She puts patients at ease with her smile and easygoing manner. Very likable, very smart, runs a great office. She's in it for the patients not the money. Ladies, you're in good caring hands with Dr. Sobel. She's a special breed.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

The staff at Dr. Sobel's office take forever to return your calls. And even once they do, it is hard to get through to anyone that could answer your questions. That includes scheduling appointments. Once you finally get an appointment, the wait time in the waiting room is minimal. That is the only positive thing about Dr. Sobel's practice.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

She is a good doctor . reviewed my previous records & said I am low on hormones & recommended some blood work & U/s through which i came to know i was ovulating very late in the cycle . So it helped me plan for my pregnancy !

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I had been a patient of Dr. Sobel's for many years. I trusted her implicitly and when she told me I had to have GYN surgery, I put myself in her hands. Afterword, when the condition returned, I did my own research and discovered that there were numerous medical, non-surgical options that could have been tried. She told me about NONE of these, just surgery. When I questioned her about this, she said she didn't think the options were right for me. But isn't she, as a physician, obligated to inform me that other options exist? And then together, we can weigh the benefits and risks? I am no longer her patient, and when I discuss my condition with other GYNs and specialists, they each list all the options available to me, and few recommend surgery. As nice as Dr. Sobel seems to be and as much as I liked and trusted her, I have to sadly recommend that women who care about themselves and their bodies go elsewhere. She cannot be trusted.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Great doctor, but new hours are never good for me, have to take off from work all the time. She is very knowlegeble and likeble at the same time.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Sobel is wonderful - the office staff are the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!! If she ever left the practice I would surely follow her but as long as she stays with that hideous group of witches that are the office staff I will not go back.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Dr. Sobel has been my doctor for many years. I trusted her, liked her, and recommended her. I even had her as my first pelvic surgeon. But things in the practice have changed lately - no more OB so the staff has cut hours and been reduced. Some have retired, one left. At my last visit, I asked her about something she whispered to me at a previous visit and now she denied it vehemently, telling me I must have misunderstood. I didn't! I got the message clearly - she can't be honest anymore. You see, thanks to one of her fellow docs in the practice, they have a new liability insurance company that offers them very low premiums. For the patients this means, you have to sign a contract promising not to sue their doctor. Is it just me or does this sound like an open policy allowing them to do whatever they want? I don't believe in willingly giving up my rights. That is not what being an American is about.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

Dr. Sobel is a rare breed. She has been my dr for many years, even though she is out of network--I would never leave. I trust her completely. Wonderful manner--thoughtful, caring, sincere, and always right on the money with her diagnosis, understanding of symptoms, and treatment. And I have never once waited to see her--always on time. Wonderful staff, excellent, excellent doctor who genuinely cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Dr. Sobel was very helpful during my pregnancy and helped me when I suffered from a stomach virus during my pregnancy. She delivered my son and all went well. She was reassuring and calm during the delivery which is just what I needed for my first time!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Sobel has operated on me a few times. I trust her with my life. She is sharp, responsive and very caring. I have seen many physicians over the last several years and I have found that it is very unique when a doctor follows up to see how you are. Dr. Sobel is special and any patient under her care would be in very good hands.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2006

Dr. Gail M. Sobel's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Woodcliff Lake, NJ