Ratings for Dr. John H. Ahn

I am very unsatisfied with Dr. Ahn and his staff. I came to my first visit early so that I would have all my paperwork completed and so that I would be seen on time. I waited over an hour and a half to see him. When I finally did see him, he was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He ordered a few lab tests for me to have completed so I had them done on 01/02/2016. Some of my results were back on the same day and the other test wasn't back for a few days. I called their office 6 times after waiting a week and a half for results. I had to suffer and deal with my symptoms because they didn't feel it was necessary to inform me of my results. The Medical Assistant lied to me and told me that they had just received my results on 01/12/16 yet it says 01/02/16 and 01/07/16 on the results. My results for the test that was back on the SAME day were abnormal. I requested my results to be mailed on 01/12/16 when I FINALLY got a hold of the site manager. I still did not receive my results until 01/15/16. I myself am a Medical Assistant and I would have never made my patient wait over a week and a half for results. The Medical Assistant at that office insisted on telling me that she could not mail my results. My results were normal chemistry results that I gave her permission to mail. She has no knowledge of being in the medical field. I will NEVER return to this office and I will make sure my family and friends know how terrible this office is.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I have seen Dr. Ahn for two colonoscopies over the past 5 years. He is very professional and spends time with you answering questions. I did not have any of the bad experiences of some of the people who wrote below.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I had a good experience at the office. Dr. Ahn was very professional, spent time with me, and explained very thing to me. The office staff was very pleasant. I would recommend Dr. Ahn.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

This is a very unprofessional office, this doctor is overbooked and act like a god, in his office patiets time have zero value. Today I had an appointment and after waiting in the room had to go back to work and re-scheduled for about two months later, later I received a call from super rude office manager telling me she is cancelling my appointment and telling me they don't want to see me at their office.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have always had a good experience with Dr Ahn and it is always my gripe that he cannot be my Primary Dr. His staff have helped me on numerous occasions and I am glad to recommend Dr. Ahn to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

The nurse at the Dr. office name Babara is very rude. She doesn't respond to phone calls, In addition she treat patients poorly. Gave wrong colonoscopy procedure and no explanation, instead morning procedure she gave afternoon procedure she wrote wrong weight of my son 22 years old had autism and crohn disease , instead losing 20LB of weight she wrote gain 30LB of weight. she very lazy did not want to stand up to read the weight and asked me to read what i gave her the correct weight but she didn't fix it.later Dr had to correct my son's weight. the nurse is not knowledgeable. I don't trust her ability.Dr Ahn had a bad temper he does not listen to the patient. He blew off my complaints....!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

The nurse at the Dr. office called my work and spoke to one of my coworkers about my treatment and finances. She just ASSUMED he was my husband because he had the same first name as my husband, which is a common male name. Never confirmed his last name until my coworker told the nurse that he wasn't married. MAJOR HIPPA violation of my personal information. I will never go back to this Dr. again! Apparently you have to tell the staff that you are not married to every person with that first name. I felt completely violated when I found out she spoke to a coworker, that I don't even know very well. He now knows a LOT more about me than I really would like him to.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Although I gave high ratings for the office Dr Ahn, while an intelligent man, does not listen to the patient. He blew off my complaints (ie; constant belching)and I pretty much felt I received a death sentence of Crohn's. I left his practice after my last hospitalization and started seeing a natrupath, taking chinese herbs, and went on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I haven't been back to the hospital in 3 YEARS! and was previously going monthly. Don't know where I would be today if I had listened to Dr Ahn.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

His PA is very rude and doesn't call back. She misdiagnosed me and she is not knowledgeable. She doesn't respond to phone calls. I don't trust her ability. Dr Ahn is knowledgeable and diagnosed me correctly.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Had high liver bld test because of cholestrol med. He wanted to do Liver Needle biopsy Now!- I wanted to wait to see if bld tests came down after I stopped that med. He yelled at me that he is Dr & he knows best & I need to do what he says! I couldn't believe it! 6 mths later bld test is normal- & I wasted $ on an U/S & CAT Scan! Also his PA harrassed me about smoking both visits- I wanted to talk about liver- she wanted to talk about cigs! She said at school they told them the more they "go at" the pt. The more likely pt will quit. Not what I needed!!!!! Never again.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr. John H. Ahn's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp