Ratings for Dr. Fernando Stern

Dr. Stern was always giving me different diagnoses and when I asked a question regarding exactly what my psychiatric diagnosis was he became very aggressive and did not offer a therapeutic environment.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Unprofessional behaviors. Confrontational. His clinical skills are subpar. Essentially a pill pusher. Went to him for depression and anxiety. Was told I was manipulating my family but that I would not be able to manipulate him. He was angry and accusatory. I highly discourage use of the physician.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I read the poor reviews about Dr. Stern but needed a psychiatrist appointment ASAP. Dr. Stern told me that I could not fight my family history of anxiety using my own methods (i.e., coping skills such as deep breathing, mindfulness, etc.). As a resilient, educated consumer, I know that I can do this and am doing so. Additionally, Dr. Stern would often ask me about my s*x life ( presumably to assess for side effects of my antidepressant medication). However, my gut told me that his questions came from a place of voyeristic pleasure and for his own personal knowledge. The icing on the cake was yesterday, when he asked if my fiancé was "going to make an honest woman out of me". I consider this to be unprofessional conduct, a violation of boundaries, and sexual harassment. When I didn't answer him, he told me I was an "extremely anxious woman" who likely could not be effective at my job. I'm looking forward to never being subject to Dr. Stern's sexual harassment again. I am also considering reporting his misconduct to the medical ethics board.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

He is blunt and straight forward, does not sugar coat anything. You must have thick skin. He know his stuff and is a life saver.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

unfortunately i had a very negative experience with him truly cannot recommend. I am seriously considering filing a complaint against him With ama. go to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

This guy is a complete hack. Told me "I fucked up my life" and refused to provide meds. Stay away. His staff also lied about his hospital credentials, worried about what I might say. I will be filing a complaint with the AMA and am strongly considering a lawsuit for malpractice.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Fernando Stern MD is very mean. He treated me very badly and he is not a nice Doctor. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

He is great. Been seeing him for years - he saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

He is very caring and is not patronizing to women.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. Fernando Stern's Credentials

• Univ De Chile, Esc De Pregrado, Fac De Med, Santiago, Chile (Grad. 1969)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal