Ratings for Dr. Marta Sovilj

Dr. Sovilj is a no nonsense, super efficient internist who is thorough with her test recommendations and diagnosis yet not afraid to bring in other specialists as needed. She runs a tight ship and speaks quickly, which some may view as hurried but she always takes time to allow you to ask questions and explains things clearly. She’s funny (appropriately so) and relatable. I’ve been seeing her for over 10 years. She took care of my mother and her complicated pulmonary disease before that. I highly recommend Dr. Sovilj.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Sovilj has been my physician for over 20 years. I find her to be just what I need in a physician: knowledgeable, direct, thorough and dedicated to her patients. She is very practical and direct, and will work diligently to find the cause of relevant symptoms and abnormal laboratory values. Her evaluations seem logical and well thought out, and her follow up tests useful and appropriate. Although she does speak at a rapid pace, I never feel pressured or leave without my questions answered. I feel fortunate to have Dr. Sovilj as my internist.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

She is so full of herself! And for what reason I do not know. She completely misdiagnosed me and then tries to put fear in me that I have some disease so she can run up the charges. She was so incompetent on so many levels it is hard to figure out where to even start. And always trying to force you to hug her...creepy

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

She is punctual and direct. A superb diagnostician who listens very carefully to what you are saying. Although she speaks fast you never get the feeling of being rushed. If you want "hand holding" then she is probably not for you. She is a "no nonsense" person who takes her job seriously but not herself. She tells you "the way that it is". If this is what you want in a doctor, then she is the best. If not, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Even her nurses seemed uncomfortable with the unpleasant Dr. Sovilj. They know.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Sovilj is clear, approachable, kind, intuitive, thorough and open to questions. Her staff acknowledges a person's individual needs. They are punctual and require that the patient be punctual too, which I really appreciate.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

I have total confidence in Dr. Sovilj and highly (5 stars) recommend her. She's thorough, personable, easy to talk to. She talks really fast! Perhaps because she's really punctual and wants to get everything covered. She listens well and has good recommendations.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Very thorough. Excellent "bedside" manner. L:stens well. Compassionate. Excellent sense of humor. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

She was the first primary care physician I have ever been to that refused to do a Pap smear and vaginal exam. She said she didn't have gynecological knowledge. Every other primary care doctor I have ever seen has been able to do this basic exam and a pap. But Dr. Sovilj said she was not trained and would "miss something." She then said my previous doctor (who had left the practice)was probably not qualified to have done this exam either, which I do not believe. She has a brusque, direct style, which might appeal to some, but I prefer a more calm, reassuring approach.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. Marta Sovilj's Credentials

• Univ Of British Columbia, Fac Of Med, Vancouver, Bc, Canada (Grad. 1984)

Delta Dental