Ratings for Dr. Peter S. Gelfand

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

After the reviewing the ratings and deciding to visit Dr. Gelfand, I was very disappointed. Maybe I caught him during a bad month. I did not find him to be empathetic or having any kind of concern for my distress. He brushed off one of my symptoms and laughed which alarmed me. Now I love to laugh but if I am very concerned about a potential medical problem, I want to be assisted in finding out answers. After two follow up appointments where I felt I wasn't being treated appropriately,I decided he was not the best fit for me. I'm looking at someone to address concerns I have, not brush them off or dismiss them. I was later diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and am being treated by a great neurologist and internist.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

He is so smart & well versed! Explained everything, very kind, gentle & thorough. Made me feel very safe & well taken care of!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Dr Gelfand is professional, helpful, caring, compassionate, trustworthy.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Gelfand for years, his thoughtfulness, compassion, and accuracy in diagnosis is the best Iv'e come across. I have and will continue to recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr Gelfand is a excellent doctor. I have been going to him for years. I would recommend him. He is the kind of doctor that is knowledgeable and takes time with his patients. Very happy to have such a good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

He is a very good Doctor, I travel from the North Shore of Long Island to see him in Long Beach because of the trust I have in him. He is very sympathic to any concerns the patient has and he makes accurate diagnoses every time. His staff and himself are always friendly and always running on time. I have the greatest respect for him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr. Peter S. Gelfand's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1992)

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience! Spent the time to listen, explain his thoughts, and plan for follow up."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Smart, quick, thorough, and on his game. Very knowledgeable Lucky to have found him."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Peter Gelfand is by far the most thorough, knowledgeable & compassionate Doctor! Makes you feel very safe! Just great!"

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Gelfand to be bright, empathetic, and very helpful with my medical problems. I'm recommending him to other family members."

September 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=153378'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014