Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Hickman Nesbitt

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

The glowing review from 9-22-09 sounds exactly like the phony 5 ratings given to Versed on askapatient. But more to the point, it is the *exact* opposite of my own experience: She was very short and evasive with her answers. Never explained the AMNESIA that the versed causes. Never explained the potential PTSD (was was rattled for weeks after this and had bizarre panic episodes for three years post-op). I wanted to avoid general anesthesia but this is what I got when the MAC (i.e. Versed) caused a bad reaction in me. We need evidence-based practitioners who can adjust treatment to the realities of the patient instead of supplying cookie-cutter treatment based on their own ego and convenience. My wife agrees that we were never given any straight answers regarding "MAC" .

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr.Nesbitt is a wonderful caring and knowledgable anesthesiologist. She explained everything she was going to give me before she gave me medications. It was a perfect anesthetic!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

First of all the entire surgical team showed up an hour late. I was supposed to have MAC instead of general anesthesia. I was given Versed (Midazolam) before being taken to the OR with no description or explanation of the drug whatsoever. I asked her what it was she was putting in my IV and she responded with "benzodiazepines". My spouse was with me and agrees that this person was very vague and misleading about what was going to happen. Versed causes amnesia and takes effect in 2-3 minutes. I woke up in recovery very surprised and disturbed that I could recall nothing after the first few minutes after the Versed was put in my IV. If she had been forthcoming I would have refused this drug under any circumstances. I am convinced she was determined to use Versed and was going to BS me any way she had to in order to get this drug past me. I found out after surgery that I had a bad reaction to the Versed and was put under after all. Read the negative reviews of Versed on askapatient.com.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2005

Dr. Elizabeth Hickman Nesbitt's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1992)

GHI