Ratings for Dr. Annette M. Elbert

Worst doctor ever! If you are referred to her, run!! Her office personnel are some of the rudest medical people I have encountered! Most times when you call you get the answering service , and when they do answer it's rude and if you leave a message. They may or may not call you back . And the doctor herself, kept us waiting for almost an hour and we were the only people in the office..plus so has no clue what she is talking about .I would of gave no stars but it wouldn't let me !!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Elbert is a excellent surgeon who I would recommend to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I saw Dr Elbert for a breast mass, she wanted to talk to me about her husband leaving her, cheating on her and how unhappy she was. She did a needle biopsy and went right thru the mass, so I was told my mass was 'benign'. She told me to return to see her in six months. After about three months, my mass just starting aching, I returned to see her and requested a core biopsy, I had to wait several days because she didn't have the right supplies. A biopsy was performed and I was diagnosed with Stage 3A invasive ductal carcinoma. If Dr Elbert would've directed her attention to me on our first visit and not talked about her personal problems, my cancer may have been detected earlier. With stage 3A, theres a 90% chance of reoccurance.... I find out my next treatment; after a bilateral mastectomy, chemo and radiation on Wendesday. She is a piss poor physician and shouldn't be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Pre-op appointment required a 90 minute wait to see Dr. Elbert and then she spent 10 minutes complaining about her personal life (husband, kids, lawyer, divorce, etc). On day of surgery, Dr Elbert didn't show or call until more than an hour after surgery had been scheduled to begin, as a result we got bumped 3 hours later. And why? According to Dr Elbert it was because she had be fighting with her 7yr old daughter who refused to go to school and refused to stay home with baby sitter. Post op appointment Dr Elbert was a no-show. She recently started working only Mondays and didn't call me to reschedule. What is sad, 6 years ago she did an excellent job for me; now she is very unprofessional in so many ways (poor communication, too much personal info, always late, etc.) I am happy with the results of the surgery but the process was unnecessarily torturous.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Annette M. Elbert's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1987)