Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis

I have been a patient of Dr. Geroulis for a number of years and have had 2 surgeries performed by him. I am extremely pleased with the outcomes of those surgeries. His knowledge of medicine and surgical procedures are unsurpassed as are his' skills as a surgeon. As an aside his bed side manner is next to none, and as a person he is a warm caring human being. I would highly recommend Dr. Geroulis above any other physician. Theodore E Bacoyanis

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

A few years ago I got a face lift. In the beginning when the face was still swellen was not that notable I end up with bumps and a very deep lines on my face. Dr told me that will disappear in time. As the times goes looks worst. I am embarrassed to go in public. I try to get a revised facelift but no doctor will do it, Reeding all the reviews I believe he is the best and not mind to pay his fee , witch were much higher than other doctors charge. A very unhappy client Force to leave with his mistake the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Around five years ago I had rhinoplasty done with a different doctor and around three years after I would always complain about having difficulty breathing. I visited several different doctors and all of them convinced me that this was an allergy problem. I took several allergy medications, washed my nose consistently, etc but still could’t breathe. I lived with this discomfort until around 6 months ago, I got a Ct scan- the results showed that my problem was a result of a structural issue with my nose most likely caused by my rhinoplasty in 2012. I decided that I was too young to live with the uncomfortable and scary feeling of not being able to breathe normally, so after doing a lot of research I chose Dr. Geroulis to perform my septoplasty. I chose to not change the appearance of my nose this time and just fix the structural problems inside. Therefore, the healing process was quicker/ I looked the same after. If you have the same problem, I highly recommend Dr. Geroulis. There was very little downtime after surgery (i went to a party 9 days after surgery) and he gives you plenty of vitamins to take before/after to assist in the healing process. It’s almost two months post surgery and I already can breath without hesitating (couldn’t do this before) and am able to sleep much better at night. Overall, Dr Geroulis is a highly knowledgeable, professional, and kind doctor who genuinely cares about his patients. I was also very impressed and pleased by his knowledgeable and helpful staff.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Fifteen years ago, Dr. Geroulis performed my rhinoplasty. I was elated with the beautiful and very natural results. Two years ago, Anthony Geroulis lifted my neck and brows. Again, I was absolutely ecstatic with the results. Dr. Geroulis is a highly skilled surgeon. He not only made me look ten years younger with a very natural lift, he also minimized a scar on my neck from a previous surgery (i.e., performed by a different surgeon). I have lived in southern California and met with numerous cosmetic surgeons and have looked at their work. None of them even approach Dr. Geroulis's skill level. He is in a class all by himself. Dr. Anthony Geroulis is an exceptionally gifted surgeon who really cares about his patients. After both of my surgeries, he phoned me to make sure I was doing well. He also provided me with his direct cell phone number so I could reach him immediately with any concerns. My lift was performed right before the Christmas Holiday and Dr. Geroulis phoned me to make sure I was okay on Christmas. He truly cares about his patients. Dr. Geroulis is always kind and compassionate. He takes the time to answer all my questions and has never pushed other procedures. I trust his opinion and know he always has my best interest in mind. If you want beautiful and very natural results, then see Dr. Anthony Geroulis.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

It is my pleasure to offer these remarks about Dr. Geroulis (lower facelift and upper eyelid surgery). As stated, his goal is to achieve a "natural" refreshed look, not tightened or windblown. The outcome was just as he described. I've been complimented that I look refreshed and youthful, perhaps had lost some weight, but no one suspects the nature of my procedure. I'm nearing my 60th birthday, I've recently been carded! As a physician, I have access to many fine referrals. I'm beyond satisfied with my results- absolutely ecstatic. He's the best!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Geroulis did my rhinoplasty last summer and I couldn't be happier! I was only 17 when I got it done so I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. My parents and I did a ton of research and found that Dr. Geroulis would be the perfect fit for my surgery! The first time I arrived to his office I felt welcomed and comfortable. The staff was extremely hospitable and caring. That day he told me everything I needed to know before I have the surgery, I felt extremely prepared for what was to come. The day of surgery went so much better than I could have ever anticipated. Once the IV was in I was out like a light and didn't feel a thing. The medicine he gave me really helped the swelling process and I couldn't thank you enough. Patience is key! Its almost been 6 months and my nose is looking great! I get compliments all the time telling me how perfect it looks and the swelling isn't even 100% done! I can't wait to see my final result. So impressed with Dr.Geroulis and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Geroulis far exceeded my expectations in revision upper eyelid repair surgery, done by an occuloplastic surgeon years ago. The original surgeon had left me with asymmetry, a lot of scar tissue, extra skin, and fat that should have been removed. It also appeared one eye didn't close all the way while asleep. I had consulted with 2 other cosmetic surgeons and even 2 "top" occuloplastic surgeons, all who had turned me away and said my case was too risky and inoperable. Being a Chicago native, I had heard Dr. Geroulis' name before, but when I saw his work pop up on Realself.com, I felt I should consult with him ASAP. During the consultation, Dr Geroulis will not just tell you what you want to hear. He will be honest about what can be done and is modest in making promises. I respect that! I also had a hunch that I would be very pleasantly surprised, based on his confidence, experience and expertise, along with the before/after a I saw of other patients. Both the downtown office and Northfield surgical center are pristine and beautiful. The staff and surgical team were all very friendly, professional, and caring. Vanessa is great and will help walk you through preparing for your surgery and aftercare in a clear and concise manner. I was kept comfortable, with warm blankets during surgery and recovery has been a breeze so far. I am nearly a week post-op and can already see such a major difference in both the aesthetics and functionality of my eyelids. I already have the highly coveted "bedroom eyes" that I wanted and look years younger! Dr. Geroulis is a kind and compassionate professional with an eye for aesthetic balance and has saved my eyes when even an occuloplastic surgeon (3 of them!) could not. I could not be happier and would recommend him to anyone considering facial cosmetic surgery. Especially when considering your eyes.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

There's a reason why you are seeing nothing but the highest ratings for this doctor. We took our daughter to Dr. Geroulis a for nasal septal reconstruction procedure that was both medically and aesthetically necessary, and the results of our daughter's surgery were nothing short of outstandingly successful. From the very first moment we walked into Dr. Geroulis's office in Northfield, IL to meet with him and his staff, I strongly sensed that we were in the best place in the world to be in for something like this. Dr. Geroulis's staff was exceptionally courteous, accommodating and professional, and we looked forward to every visit prior to and after the surgery. Dr. Geroulis has 30+ years clinical, surgical and academic experience in the field and it shows. He's the one from whom others learn. Along with this great doctor's highly professional demeanor, integrity, attention to our daughter's needs and willingness to answer any and all questions or concerns we may have had, my family and I are so happy and fortunate to have chosen Dr. Geroulis. We very, very highly recommend Dr. Geroulis. If you are still undecided at this point, STOP! Please stop here and think no more but to choose Dr. Anthony Geroulis to be your plastic /cosmetic surgeon. I absolutely guarantee you will end up writing the same kind of review I am if you do!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Excellent care and excellent results!!! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

simply the best Dr. out there. the staff is amazing and he has make me look beautiful. so thank full for Dr. Geroulis.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis's Credentials

Nationally recognized as a "Top Doctor" in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 rankings, with more than 36 years of surgical experience, Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis is the “surgeon who teaches surgeons” and is known by his peers as one of the most skilled cosmetic surgeons in the United States. As a clinical professor of surgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center, Dr. Geroulis regularly shares his expert knowledge, teaching other surgeons the latest proven techniques. He has been at the forefront of advances in facial surgery as well as noninvasive procedures, producing some of the most sought-after results in aesthetic enhancement. His high-profile clientele includes business leaders, physicians, celebrities, politicians, and men and women from all walks of life. Certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Geroulis’s surgical techniques and advancements have been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, WGN-TV, and CNN Headline News, as well as in national publications and scientific journals and in the film libraries of teaching institutions. Strongly committed to the artistic and scientific worlds, his work expresses the powerful combination of art and science. As an accomplished sculptor, his relentless quest is to achieve natural-looking surgical improvements in facial and body rejuvenation that are unique and specific to each individual. A gifted cosmetic surgeon must have the right balance of technique and artistry. As a recognized sculptor and award-winning surgeon, Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis is one of the few doctors who has mastered both skills effectively.

• French

• University of Chicago (Grad. 1977)

• "Top Doctor" U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Rankings
  • Patients' Choice 2012 Compassionate Doctor Certification
  • Member, Editorial Board, Official Journal of the International College of Surgeons
  • Fellow, International College of Surgeons.
  • Recipient of Patient Choice Awards in 2012
  • Award for Excellence in Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Sandoz Recognition Award for Innovative Surgery and Continuing Science
  • Member & Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Honorary Member of the French Society of Aesthetic Surgery

• Geroulis, A.J., "Intraoperative Narcotic Analgesics for Postoperative Nausea Management." The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vol.7, No.2. 1990
  • Geroulis, A.J. "Reduction of Post-Anesthesia Recovery Time and Enhancement of Patient Safety through Thermal Conservation during Outpatient Suction Lipectomy Surgery." The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vol. 5, No. 4. pp. 239-241. 1988
  • Alivisatos, S.G.A., Unger, F., Tabakaoff, B., Callaghan, O.H. and Geroulis, A.J., "Mechanism of the Picket-Spengler Condensation: Its Inhibition of Borohydride Ascorbate (A), Cysteine and GSH." Pharmacologist 13:241. 1971
  • Alivisatos, S.G.A., Ungar, F., Seth, P.K., Levitt, L.P., Geroulis, A.J., and Meyer, T.S.: "Receptors: Localization and Specificity of Binding of Serotonin in the Central Nervous System." Science 171:809, 1971
  • Geroulis, A.J., "Forehead and Brow Lift Surgery." Featured on WMAQ, NBC, Chicago, Illinois. 1997
  • Geroulis, A.J., "Upper and Lower Lid Blepharoplasty, Surgical Technique." University of Chicago Hospital. 1996
  • Geroulis, A.J., Naunton, R.F., and Collins, P.: "Surgical Intervention for Chronic Recurrent Mandibular