Ratings for Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis

It is my pleasure to offer these remarks about Dr. Geroulis (lower facelift and upper eyelid surgery). As stated, his goal is to achieve a "natural" refreshed look, not tightened or windblown. The outcome was just as he described. I've been complimented that I look refreshed and youthful, perhaps had lost some weight, but no one suspects the nature of my procedure. I'm nearing my 60th birthday, I've recently been carded! As a physician, I have access to many fine referrals. I'm beyond satisfied with my results- absolutely ecstatic. He's the best!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Geroulis did my rhinoplasty last summer and I couldn't be happier! I was only 17 when I got it done so I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. My parents and I did a ton of research and found that Dr. Geroulis would be the perfect fit for my surgery! The first time I arrived to his office I felt welcomed and comfortable. The staff was extremely hospitable and caring. That day he told me everything I needed to know before I have the surgery, I felt extremely prepared for what was to come. The day of surgery went so much better than I could have ever anticipated. Once the IV was in I was out like a light and didn't feel a thing. The medicine he gave me really helped the swelling process and I couldn't thank you enough. Patience is key! Its almost been 6 months and my nose is looking great! I get compliments all the time telling me how perfect it looks and the swelling isn't even 100% done! I can't wait to see my final result. So impressed with Dr.Geroulis and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Geroulis far exceeded my expectations in revision upper eyelid repair surgery, done by an occuloplastic surgeon years ago. The original surgeon had left me with asymmetry, a lot of scar tissue, extra skin, and fat that should have been removed. It also appeared one eye didn't close all the way while asleep. I had consulted with 2 other cosmetic surgeons and even 2 "top" occuloplastic surgeons, all who had turned me away and said my case was too risky and inoperable. Being a Chicago native, I had heard Dr. Geroulis' name before, but when I saw his work pop up on Realself.com, I felt I should consult with him ASAP. During the consultation, Dr Geroulis will not just tell you what you want to hear. He will be honest about what can be done and is modest in making promises. I respect that! I also had a hunch that I would be very pleasantly surprised, based on his confidence, experience and expertise, along with the before/after a I saw of other patients. Both the downtown office and Northfield surgical center are pristine and beautiful. The staff and surgical team were all very friendly, professional, and caring. Vanessa is great and will help walk you through preparing for your surgery and aftercare in a clear and concise manner. I was kept comfortable, with warm blankets during surgery and recovery has been a breeze so far. I am nearly a week post-op and can already see such a major difference in both the aesthetics and functionality of my eyelids. I already have the highly coveted "bedroom eyes" that I wanted and look years younger! Dr. Geroulis is a kind and compassionate professional with an eye for aesthetic balance and has saved my eyes when even an occuloplastic surgeon (3 of them!) could not. I could not be happier and would recommend him to anyone considering facial cosmetic surgery. Especially when considering your eyes.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

There's a reason why you are seeing nothing but the highest ratings for this doctor. We took our daughter to Dr. Geroulis a for nasal septal reconstruction procedure that was both medically and aesthetically necessary, and the results of our daughter's surgery were nothing short of outstandingly successful. From the very first moment we walked into Dr. Geroulis's office in Northfield, IL to meet with him and his staff, I strongly sensed that we were in the best place in the world to be in for something like this. Dr. Geroulis's staff was exceptionally courteous, accommodating and professional, and we looked forward to every visit prior to and after the surgery. Dr. Geroulis has 30+ years clinical, surgical and academic experience in the field and it shows. He's the one from whom others learn. Along with this great doctor's highly professional demeanor, integrity, attention to our daughter's needs and willingness to answer any and all questions or concerns we may have had, my family and I are so happy and fortunate to have chosen Dr. Geroulis. We very, very highly recommend Dr. Geroulis. If you are still undecided at this point, STOP! Please stop here and think no more but to choose Dr. Anthony Geroulis to be your plastic /cosmetic surgeon. I absolutely guarantee you will end up writing the same kind of review I am if you do!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Excellent care and excellent results!!! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

simply the best Dr. out there. the staff is amazing and he has make me look beautiful. so thank full for Dr. Geroulis.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Geroulis and his entire staff. The doctor is warm friendly, extremely knowledgable, talented and confidential. His 35 years of experience are evident in every procedure I have had. I have worked with Dr. Geroulis for seven years. I was lucky to have found him before experiencing any mistakes. Unfortunately I have two friends that went to other doctors. Their results were accidental deformities, done by the nursing staff rather than the doctor. Dr. Geroulis always does every procedure himself. He carefully listens to me and suggests the correct procedures for my best results and satisfaction. These procedures allow me to continue my active life with a youthful and nature appearance. There is nothing fake about my appearance and friends do not even know I have had any work done. I have complete trust in this doctor and highly recommend him for any work my friends are considering. I know they too will be completely satisfied with his professional advise and service on every level.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr Anthony is a very nice professional doctor. I met him in January to do a nose job and a septoplasty. The operation was successful and the doctor and the stuff were very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Geroulis was able to accommodate my wishes for a particular style of nose. He was able to move up the surgery so my recovery would be completed in time for my wedding. The result is beyond my expectations and exactly what I wanted. The staff is wonderful and always punctual. I highly recommend him to those looking for facial cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

A while back I was diagnosed with a rather big lipoma in my left cheek, which grew more and more over time. Due to its location on my face, the proximity to the facial nerves and being worried about scarring I decided to look for a plastic surgeon. After seeing some doctors I was lucky to find Dr. Geroulis who proposed a non-traditional method of removing it and I am very happy I went for it. Dr Geroulis was able to minimise the scars of the excision to a scale that I am very content with; hardly noticeable by someone who did not know I had the procedure. The whole procedure was pain free. He is indeed a true artist and he really cares about the outcome of his work. I would recommend Dr. Geroulis as a plastic surgeon to anyone looking for an experienced and caring specialist in this fieldHis staff is very competent and accommodating, and the fact that he has his own surgical facility made me feel confortable, as in the hands of a true professional.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis's Credentials

Nationally recognized as a "Top Doctor" in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 rankings, with more than 36 years of surgical experience, Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis is the “surgeon who teaches surgeons” and is known by his peers as one of the most skilled cosmetic surgeons in the United States. As a clinical professor of surgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center, Dr. Geroulis regularly shares his expert knowledge, teaching other surgeons the latest proven techniques. He has been at the forefront of advances in facial surgery as well as noninvasive procedures, producing some of the most sought-after results in aesthetic enhancement. His high-profile clientele includes business leaders, physicians, celebrities, politicians, and men and women from all walks of life. Certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Geroulis’s surgical techniques and advancements have been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, WGN-TV, and CNN Headline News, as well as in national publications and scientific journals and in the film libraries of teaching institutions. Strongly committed to the artistic and scientific worlds, his work expresses the powerful combination of art and science. As an accomplished sculptor, his relentless quest is to achieve natural-looking surgical improvements in facial and body rejuvenation that are unique and specific to each individual. A gifted cosmetic surgeon must have the right balance of technique and artistry. As a recognized sculptor and award-winning surgeon, Dr. Anthony J. Geroulis is one of the few doctors who has mastered both skills effectively.

• French

• University of Chicago (Grad. 1977)

• Patients' Choice 2012 Compassionate Doctor Certification
  • Recipient of Patient Choice Awards in 2012
  • Sandoz Recognition Award for Innovative Surgery and Continuing Science
  • "Top Doctor" U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Rankings
  • Award for Excellence in Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Fellow, International College of Surgeons.
  • Member, Editorial Board, Official Journal of the International College of Surgeons
  • Member & Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Honorary Member of the French Society of Aesthetic Surgery

• Geroulis, A.J., "Intraoperative Narcotic Analgesics for Postoperative Nausea Management." The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vol.7, No.2. 1990
  • Geroulis, A.J. "Reduction of Post-Anesthesia Recovery Time and Enhancement of Patient Safety through Thermal Conservation during Outpatient Suction Lipectomy Surgery." The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vol. 5, No. 4. pp. 239-241. 1988
  • Alivisatos, S.G.A., Unger, F., Tabakaoff, B., Callaghan, O.H. and Geroulis, A.J., "Mechanism of the Picket-Spengler Condensation: Its Inhibition of Borohydride Ascorbate (A), Cysteine and GSH." Pharmacologist 13:241. 1971
  • Alivisatos, S.G.A., Ungar, F., Seth, P.K., Levitt, L.P., Geroulis, A.J., and Meyer, T.S.: "Receptors: Localization and Specificity of Binding of Serotonin in the Central Nervous System." Science 171:809, 1971
  • Geroulis, A.J., "Forehead and Brow Lift Surgery." Featured on WMAQ, NBC, Chicago, Illinois. 1997
  • Geroulis, A.J., "Upper and Lower Lid Blepharoplasty, Surgical Technique." University of Chicago Hospital. 1996
  • Geroulis, A.J., Naunton, R.F., and Collins, P.: "Surgical Intervention for Chronic Recurrent Mandibular