Ratings for Dr. Mark Antosz

At 58 Years of age choosing an Orthodontist that has good service, support and expertise was critical to my decision making. Unlike some folks I do not have all my teeth so realigning was no easy feat. I started with Dr. Antosz in June of 2013 and the service and treatment has been some of the best I have ever received, and I do not say this lightly. And the results so far have been outstanding. Any issue that came up was treated promptly, staff were always friendly and professional. Appointments were always prompt. I can not think of a better way to say thank you than publicly say I received first class service and results.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Patient's update
Thank you for your kind review and rating. We take service very seriously and it is nice to hear when we get it right. We are thrilled that we were able to get you to a place where you have a healthy bite and a great smile.

Submitted March 24, 2015

Had a horrible experience that has prevented me from getting the teeth I want because he left me so anxious about the process. His staff was always negative, never welcoming. Dr. Antosz himself was so patronizing and negative as well. When I finished my invisalign process, he said it was as good as it was going to get with the teeth that I had. Not the positive attitude you want after you've spent thousands of dollars and many months with someone. Would never, ever recommend to any adult, especially one who is already anxious about dental work.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

So for the last 3 yrs doing business at this doctors office has been a pleasure. From walk in to walk out. Very respectful and clean work place. The warm enviroment has made my experience visiting this office the best it can be. Easy going staff and management. They will work through your financial needs if needed. As a side note my own dentist couldn't have matched there prices for what I needed done. Excellent work ladies and gentlemen!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Antosz and my experience at his office. I found him to be professional, his staff are great, and Dr. Antosz always took the time to answer any questions I had regarding my treatment. I couldn’t be happier with the end result and would definitely recommend Dr. Antosz to anyone needing Orthodontic work. Thanks again Dr. Antosz and staff!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I have personally used Dr. Antosz for about 20 years. First time for myself then my oldest son who has beautiful straight teeth and my 14 year old is now going through the process. Although the processes are long with the kids, I have experienced excellent service, a very accommodating staff, and Dr. Antosz has given my boys and I great SMILES... thanks, Judy.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

This doctor still plays with kids toys. The staff have no idea how to deal with kids who are anxious, I saw them literally yank a kid's mouth open who was very scared.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Super great place to bring a child. The comic book stuff makes it seem more like a fun place than an office. Free iPads to use while waiting. Where was all this when I was a kid???

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Unfortunately I have nothing positive to say obout you Mr Antoz. I do believe that you did the best with me via taking into account now your experience and educational background. I think that moving forward you need to be honest about your level of experience with clients and not promise things that are beyond your capabilities, especially with adults. I came to you with an enormous amount of pain. I trusted you. .... After 5+ years, splints and braces, 4 less teeth and many thousands of dollars later am still in the same amount of pain. Pain you are much aware of but could no longer help me unless I signed yet another contract. I do understand now why my doctor insisted on me visiting someone else and I wish I would of listened. I would like to say that the staff is what saves this place. Those ladies you have working in reception and behind the lines are amazing. Treat them well. Yanin

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Im 12 years old and I go to Mark Antosz. As far as I know Mark Antosz is never rude, he is very nice but strict like if you dont wear your elastics. I love the theme with the superheros and starwars characters and now theres an app to colect points on to earn prizes and stuff. On the other hand his staff or (those people who tighten your brackets ect) are plain rude and I always feel like they hate me or they're job (atleast the lady I get) like she was putting the mold in my mouth and I had a stuffy nose so I was gaging like CRAZY and she said that I was being "sensitive" and kids much younger like 4 years old could handle this perfectly fine! Since when do 4 year olds go to an orthodontist!?!?!?

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Very mediocre and mixed experience, overall! Dr. Antosz was recommended to our family by our dentist, and I have since returned to give her feedback that she revise her go-to orthodontist. She has said that she will consider, given that she's had several complaints. I should specify that most of the problems we encountered were because of support staff at the office, not Dr. Antosz, in particular, nevertheless, for the price I paid, you expect good patient care in all stages of treatment. I am an adult, who returned to have braces put on in my mid 20s to correct my bite and help with over crowding. I opted for braces. The first day I had them put on, I returned home, and suffered from a cut up tongue, which proceeded to swell and bleed. I am a physician, so I thought that I should suck it up - new braces should hurt like this. It wasn't until I had my husband look in my mouth that he discovered that there were two protruding wires that were not cut, on either side of my back molars. The next day, I phoned Dr. Antosz's office to request an appointment to have this dealt with "all new braces hurt" and to "give it time to adjust" was the response I got. I finally convinced the staff to come in. Turns out the assistant missed cutting the protruding wires! I understand mistakes occur, but the staff took ZERO accountability for the mistake. The rest of the treatment involved a very mixed bag of assistants - some pleasant, some rude and dismissive. Yes, I must admit that the clinic runs on time and Dr. Antosz is a pleasant clinician, and the end result was aesthetically very nice. However, now five years post treatment, my crooked tooth has partially regressed despite wearing my retainer every night. I will be looking for another orthodontics clinic to deal with my problem.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Patient's update
Thank you for your remarks. First, let me apologize for your physical discomfort and the less than excellent experience you had at our office. Patient care at all levels is extremely important to us and we regret that we didn't meet either your nor our standards of care. You are right that we are only human and make mistakes but we have protocols in place to manage mistakes. But, it appears that somehow they were not properly utilized in your case. Sorry. We will have to address our protocols and make sure all staff are thoroughly educated and using the procedures. Step one, of course, is to minimize the amount of error in the office. We will continue to look for better technologies and educational tools to improve. As for your teeth shifting, it can happen. Many women in their 20's have a late growth spurt. You might suddenly find your pants to short or shoes too tight. It is possible that may be what has caused some shifting. Also, if you still have your wisdom teeth they can cause crowding. Again our apologies and good luck.

Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Mark Antosz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Personal Dr. Antosz was born and raised in Victoria, BC, and spent time in Dawson Creek and Prince George, BC, before attending the University of British Columbia. He graduated from UBC with his Doctorate in Dental Medicine in 1980, and entered private general practice in Dawson Creek until 1985. Dr. Antosz, his wife Brenda and their first son moved East and he began a combined programme of Specialization in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics with a focus on bone cell physiology at the University of Toronto. In 1988 they moved back to the West to Calgary (with 2 more sons in tow) where he began his private orthodontic practice. They have been proud to call Calgary home ever since. Professional Dr. Antosz received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of British Columbia in 1980. He was in general practice of dentistry in Dawson Creek, BC for 5 years and the attended the orthodontic program at the University of Toronto in 1985. He and his wife Brenda packed their belongings and 1-year-old son and headed to Ontario. After 4 years of hard work, study and research, they headed back west (along with 2 more sons) to one of their favourite cities, Calgary, where Brenda had lived and attended school in the past. Dr. Antosz began practice as a Specialist in Orthodontics in 1988, and has been in his current location since 1990. Dr. Antosz has been relentless in his efforts to provide excellent orthodontic care. Through all the constant change and development throughout the dental and orthodontic fields he has remained dedicated to providing a comfortable and caring environment for his patients and their families.

• English