Ratings for Dr. Mark Antosz

I got warned not to go to Dr. Antosz because of his lack of knowledge and how he only cared about squeezing money out of patience's . I thought that was all a lie because they had a bad experiences but it's 100 percent true. Dr. Antosz and his staff don't know anything about good customer services, they always treated me poorly and always try to get me to pay for unnecessary treatment for my braces. When I went to my family doctor she highly recommend to go to any other orthodontist. If you want a horrible experience Dr. Antosz is the place to go!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I had a consultation with Dr. Antosz recently regarding adult braces or Invisalign for minor crowding. Since I work in healthcare I knew to get several opinions. I have had 6 ortho consults in the past few weeks and dr. Antosz provided by far the most expensive quote (more than double the other quotes) aprx 13000$. The other 5 orthodontists were in the same price range and offered simple treatment options. Dr antosz had the most radical and long treatment plan that could result in me needing surgery. I would advise against seeing this particular dr., he seems not to be up to date with current practice standards. Also, after reading reviews and the "office replays" I can see that the staff are very defensive!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

This doctor still plays with kids toys. The staff have no idea how to deal with kids who are anxious, I saw them literally yank a kid's mouth open who was very scared.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Super great place to bring a child. The comic book stuff makes it seem more like a fun place than an office. Free iPads to use while waiting. Where was all this when I was a kid???

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Unfortunately I have nothing positive to say obout you Mr Antoz. I do believe that you did the best with me via taking into account now your experience and educational background. I think that moving forward you need to be honest about your level of experience with clients and not promise things that are beyond your capabilities, especially with adults. I came to you with an enormous amount of pain. I trusted you. .... After 5+ years, splints and braces, 4 less teeth and many thousands of dollars later am still in the same amount of pain. Pain you are much aware of but could no longer help me unless I signed yet another contract. I do understand now why my doctor insisted on me visiting someone else and I wish I would of listened. I would like to say that the staff is what saves this place. Those ladies you have working in reception and behind the lines are amazing. Treat them well. Yanin

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Im 12 years old and I go to Mark Antosz. As far as I know Mark Antosz is never rude, he is very nice but strict like if you dont wear your elastics. I love the theme with the superheros and starwars characters and now theres an app to colect points on to earn prizes and stuff. On the other hand his staff or (those people who tighten your brackets ect) are plain rude and I always feel like they hate me or they're job (atleast the lady I get) like she was putting the mold in my mouth and I had a stuffy nose so I was gaging like CRAZY and she said that I was being "sensitive" and kids much younger like 4 years old could handle this perfectly fine! Since when do 4 year olds go to an orthodontist!?!?!?

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Very mediocre and mixed experience, overall! Dr. Antosz was recommended to our family by our dentist, and I have since returned to give her feedback that she revise her go-to orthodontist. She has said that she will consider, given that she's had several complaints. I should specify that most of the problems we encountered were because of support staff at the office, not Dr. Antosz, in particular, nevertheless, for the price I paid, you expect good patient care in all stages of treatment. I am an adult, who returned to have braces put on in my mid 20s to correct my bite and help with over crowding. I opted for braces. The first day I had them put on, I returned home, and suffered from a cut up tongue, which proceeded to swell and bleed. I am a physician, so I thought that I should suck it up - new braces should hurt like this. It wasn't until I had my husband look in my mouth that he discovered that there were two protruding wires that were not cut, on either side of my back molars. The next day, I phoned Dr. Antosz's office to request an appointment to have this dealt with "all new braces hurt" and to "give it time to adjust" was the response I got. I finally convinced the staff to come in. Turns out the assistant missed cutting the protruding wires! I understand mistakes occur, but the staff took ZERO accountability for the mistake. The rest of the treatment involved a very mixed bag of assistants - some pleasant, some rude and dismissive. Yes, I must admit that the clinic runs on time and Dr. Antosz is a pleasant clinician, and the end result was aesthetically very nice. However, now five years post treatment, my crooked tooth has partially regressed despite wearing my retainer every night. I will be looking for another orthodontics clinic to deal with my problem.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Thank you for your remarks. First, let me apologize for your physical discomfort and the less than excellent experience you had at our office. Patient care at all levels is extremely important to us and we regret that we didn't meet either your nor our standards of care. You are right that we are only human and make mistakes but we have protocols in place to manage mistakes. But, it appears that somehow they were not properly utilized in your case. Sorry. We will have to address our protocols and make sure all staff are thoroughly educated and using the procedures. Step one, of course, is to minimize the amount of error in the office. We will continue to look for better technologies and educational tools to improve. As for your teeth shifting, it can happen. Many women in their 20's have a late growth spurt. You might suddenly find your pants to short or shoes too tight. It is possible that may be what has caused some shifting. Also, if you still have your wisdom teeth they can cause crowding. Again our apologies and good luck.

Submitted June 17, 2015

At 58 Years of age choosing an Orthodontist that has good service, support and expertise was critical to my decision making. Unlike some folks I do not have all my teeth so realigning was no easy feat. I started with Dr. Antosz in June of 2013 and the service and treatment has been some of the best I have ever received, and I do not say this lightly. And the results so far have been outstanding. Any issue that came up was treated promptly, staff were always friendly and professional. Appointments were always prompt. I can not think of a better way to say thank you than publicly say I received first class service and results.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Thank you for your kind review and rating. We take service very seriously and it is nice to hear when we get it right. We are thrilled that we were able to get you to a place where you have a healthy bite and a great smile.

Submitted March 24, 2015

I was also a surgery patient but they were very good with me... Overall am very satisfied. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Thank you very much for you kind words. Surgery is never a word that anyone wants to hear in regards to their teeth and jaw. But there are occasions where the only way to achieve an truly healthy bite is through surgery. It is always the patients decision whether that is the route they will chose or not. We are glad that your experience has been a positive one.

Submitted March 24, 2015

This guy says i need surgery on my bottom jaw, this was never brought up when i was getting my braces and he said that i would not need surgery, 2 years down the road now he is saying I DO need surgery. Will be getting another opinion, Has anyone else had problems like this? 3/10 Employees are worth talking to, the rest are terrible, you ask them a question and you get this rude tone of voice which made you wish you never asked.

Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Our apologies that you feel that your needs were not met in our practice. I am unable speak to specifics since I do not know which patient you are but here are some general ideas about surgery. There are cases, not many, but they do happen, where the teeth and jaws just will not move they way we expected. There are a variety of conditions that make orthodontics much more difficult than normal. That may have been the case for you. We do not present surgery lightly and I suspect that it was going to be the best way to achieve the best result. This is often the case for people whose lower jaws are in front of the upper jaw. As for rudeness, my apologies that you felt you were treated poorly. I would suggest that if you had let us know we could have had the opportunity to address the issue with the relevant staff member.

Dr. Mark Antosz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Personal Dr. Antosz was born and raised in Victoria, BC, and spent time in Dawson Creek and Prince George, BC, before attending the University of British Columbia. He graduated from UBC with his Doctorate in Dental Medicine in 1980, and entered private general practice in Dawson Creek until 1985. Dr. Antosz, his wife Brenda and their first son moved East and he began a combined programme of Specialization in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics with a focus on bone cell physiology at the University of Toronto. In 1988 they moved back to the West to Calgary (with 2 more sons in tow) where he began his private orthodontic practice. They have been proud to call Calgary home ever since. Professional Dr. Antosz received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of British Columbia in 1980. He was in general practice of dentistry in Dawson Creek, BC for 5 years and the attended the orthodontic program at the University of Toronto in 1985. He and his wife Brenda packed their belongings and 1-year-old son and headed to Ontario. After 4 years of hard work, study and research, they headed back west (along with 2 more sons) to one of their favourite cities, Calgary, where Brenda had lived and attended school in the past. Dr. Antosz began practice as a Specialist in Orthodontics in 1988, and has been in his current location since 1990. Dr. Antosz has been relentless in his efforts to provide excellent orthodontic care. Through all the constant change and development throughout the dental and orthodontic fields he has remained dedicated to providing a comfortable and caring environment for his patients and their families.

• English