Ratings for Dr. Mark Antosz

My 2 daughters needed braces and Dr. Antosz was recommended. Both have been going for the past 3+ years. Not only is his office very expensive but having to drive over 150km each way every month was also a burden. One of my daughters' tooth has died and she needs to get a root canal done and a cap. Upon phoning Dr. Antosz' office we were treated very rudely. As this office was the only orthodontist that my daughter was going to naturally I felt they did not do there job properly. I had also researched on how the tooth would die. It cannot die just overnight and in my opinion Dr. Antosz' office did not due there due diligence in recognizing any problems. I have called their office numerous times to get some sort of explanation and to have Dr. Antosz return my call, neither happened. Instead they called a local dentist to call me. I feel that Dr. Antosz office is just interested in the money and not in their patients. If I could rate this in the negative I would. Worst experience possible and will NEVER recommend them.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I've been coming to this place ever since I've been 6 and I always remember feeling uncomfortable going there. I would always get talked to harshly by the staff because I guess I was "difficult" but I was only 6. Its like they were frustrated whenever I'd come but what do they expect, the clinks is filled with action figures. In the long run at 15 years old my smile is perfect and I get compliments everyday. Dr Antozs and his staff may be strange individuals but they got the job done and that's what really matters.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

We have had a great experience for my daughter. we just finished phase I, and the braces came off today, what a smile! we went to another orthodontist previously and we didn't like the planned extractions. I did much research and have read that when you extract, your jaw sinks in over time (like decades) (un natural), and me myself with multiple crowns felt that why pull out teeth.. Dr Antosz really listened, and we instead expanded her jaw to accomodate the full set of teeth. Her face looks more full now vs. the future sinking jaw. do your own research, I wouldn't extract unless that was the absolute only choice.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I had my first consultation with Dr. Antosz and Dr. Vincelli after recommendations from several friends and local dentists! Arriving for the first time, the office is extremely welcoming, engaging, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Best of all, the entire appointment was very efficient - no long wait times! Having many years of jaw pain, grinding, and headaches, Dr. Antosz and Dr. Vincelli took their time to thoroughly explain what was happening to my teeth and why, in a way that was easy for me to understand, and I was able to ask all of the questions. They were each very friendly and personable! I began my treatments immediately. Overall, I was extremely impressed with my experience, and am looking forward to returning. The doctors take the time to get to know their patients on a personal level, and nothing feels rushed – each one of them made sure I was comfortable and happy with every detail of the process. This isn’t your typical orthodontist office! It’s very clear why I have received so many recommendations to get treatment here. Highly, highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

I’ve had an excellent experience at Dr. Antosz’s office on the road to perfect teeth! Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I had braces and a BSSO through Antosz’s office - I have been in constant discomfort for the last 3 years. Every time I bite down, my front top teeth actually move from the force of my bottom teeth. I have cracking and popping on one side of my jaw that I didn’t have before the treatment. I now also get constant and terrible headaches. When I expressed my concern to Dr. Antosz, I was told that he would “display these results at any conference” and he stormed off like a toddler, ego bruised and pouty. The surgeon said talk to Antosz, Antosz says talk to the surgeon - a frustrating loop of dissappoint. It’s also worth noting that although I was asked to sign a waiver weeks before my surgery, I was NOT told of the plan until I was in the operating room waiting for my surgery - I’m quite certain that this practice is illegal. The plan was very different from what I was told when I began treatment. I intend to report both Dr. Antosz and the Surgeon to their respective colleges and I’m looking at options for reversal of the BSSO - my bite may have been off before, but I never had pain. Please, consider and review all your options and do your research before having major treatments and under no circumstances should you have anything done by Dr. Antosz.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

The staff here are hit or miss, a few nice ones that have worked on me and some that are absolutely terrible and have put me in pain. One woman touched my mouth guard with her bare fingers and then put it in my mouth!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

While the office is highly organized and punctual, Dr. Antosz was dismisive and not very knowledgeable. When I asked standard questions regarding the treatment he was recommending, he dismissed them, telling me these questions weren't important. My questions included the name of the surgery he was recommending, the likelihood of success, and photos of some of his work in this realm. Very disappointing. It's clear that he relies on gimics over substance. Seeking another opinion.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

I am currently looking for a TMJD specialist. Went to Antosz Orthodontists because their consultation is free and they have a 3d xray machine. I called a lot of specialists and most charge $150-$650 for a consult. I spent almost two hours there doing tests/photos/imprints/scans. I was glad that I was well versed in TMD because I saw Dr. Antosz for a total of maybe 6 minutes. Told me I need a flat-plane splint (vs. an anatomical orthotic), which from what I have read is the appliance used by Drs who like to do things fast, adjust in 10 minutes, and move on use. Price tag, $3,000 , which is the cheapest I have been quoted so far. I am looking for someone who pays attention to detail and is not too costly. The search goes on. I am glad the visit didn't cost any money, and for that I would give them 5 stars, too bad their product and what I would commit to is not what I think would help. If TMJD is your issue, get educated before you visit any specialist. Call them and interview over the phone, most are quite good at giving you an estimate. Don't commit to anything without research. This is a good website to start: https://occlusionconnections.com/tmj (I am not selling anything, just my humble opinion).

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Please get a second opinion before you spend any money here. This is a money grab through fear tactics. I went in for an orthodontic screening for my daughter who is not having any dental issues whatsoever. He recommended she get an expander which costs $2000 in order to stop her from sucking her thumb or she might need to have her jaw broken when she is older to fix her. They also said that there wasn't enough room in her mouth to fit her adult teeth. It felt like they were trying to sell me the whole time. I chose to get a second opinion and the other orthodontist said there is no reason to worry about her thumb sucking and there is more than enough room for her adult teeth to come through. Some of the reviews for this doctor look like staff wrote them. Staff were very nice but almost superficially nice and friendly. Like I said I felt like I was being sold something the minute I walked in.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr. Mark Antosz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Personal Dr. Antosz was born and raised in Victoria, BC, and spent time in Dawson Creek and Prince George, BC, before attending the University of British Columbia. He graduated from UBC with his Doctorate in Dental Medicine in 1980, and entered private general practice in Dawson Creek until 1985. Dr. Antosz, his wife Brenda and their first son moved East and he began a combined programme of Specialization in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics with a focus on bone cell physiology at the University of Toronto. In 1988 they moved back to the West to Calgary (with 2 more sons in tow) where he began his private orthodontic practice. They have been proud to call Calgary home ever since. Professional Dr. Antosz received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of British Columbia in 1980. He was in general practice of dentistry in Dawson Creek, BC for 5 years and the attended the orthodontic program at the University of Toronto in 1985. He and his wife Brenda packed their belongings and 1-year-old son and headed to Ontario. After 4 years of hard work, study and research, they headed back west (along with 2 more sons) to one of their favourite cities, Calgary, where Brenda had lived and attended school in the past. Dr. Antosz began practice as a Specialist in Orthodontics in 1988, and has been in his current location since 1990. Dr. Antosz has been relentless in his efforts to provide excellent orthodontic care. Through all the constant change and development throughout the dental and orthodontic fields he has remained dedicated to providing a comfortable and caring environment for his patients and their families.

• English