Ratings for Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein

I thought I was going to have to have surgery for plantar fasciitis as another physician told me I would. When I saw Dr. Sunshein and he put me in custom orthotics, I was so pleased. My pain has decreased significantly and I am able to return to activities I used to enjoy.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's response
Thank you very much for the review! We're thrilled to hear your pain has decreased and you've returned to your favorite activities!

Submitted February 20, 2018

Terrible service! Cancel appointments without any concern for patients. They said they called my 'daughter' and she cancelled the appointment. I do NOT ve a daughter. How could they talk to her? No apologies, send me to another doctor, arrogant, petty service

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's response
Oh, dear. We’re so sorry to hear about this experience. Thank you for alerting us to this, and we apologize for the mix-up. Please contact our office at 937-435-7477 if you’d like to follow up.

Submitted February 20, 2018

I waited an hour and 50 min. to see the dr. for 5 min, Orthotics are so painful I couldn't use. Pressured to order these orthotics that are not covered by insurance. I'm looking for better care somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's response
Thank you for expressing your concerns. We are sorry to hear of your recent experiences. Orthotics sometimes require adjustment once fitted, and we would be happy to inspect them for you, as well as listen to your concerns. Call our office at 937-435-7477 and we can discuss these matters further.

Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Sunshein did a great job on my surgeries for my toe and ankle. I would recommend him to my family and friends. Thank You!!! Kevin M. Lowry

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's response
Thanks very much for the review, Kevin! We're happy to know you had a good experience!

Submitted February 20, 2018

My family members go to Dr. Sunshein for 10 years now.My kids play sports and go to Dr. Sunshein for everything-from broken foot to orthopedic inserts in the shoes. We are always greeted with smiles from the reception area to the exam room,Dr.S is understanding, kind and has great bedside manners.I shared our stories with others on the sport teams and learned that 3 other kids on the team went to him as well.Both doctors are helpful and you are treated with the best of care. They handled a bad break with such care and calmed us parents and kids too;now my kids think breaking foot is not a big deal since it comes with a hug from Dr. Engel,sparkly boot, a medical lesson from Dr. S.and the treat from Ms. Gwen. Hope that there no more broken bones for us but if there are some... we know where to go.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

NONE of the options he recommended were options that my insurance would cover. His first recommendation was for a $500 laser procedure that would be just as effective as a pill but he said he does't prescribe the pills anymore because they have "possible" side effects like kidney damage. ANY medication will give you kidney damage if you take too many! So NO I'M NOT COMING OUT OF POCKET $500 FOR A PROCEDURE MY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER WHEN YOU COULD EASILY PRESCRIBE ME SOMETHING JUST AS EFFECTIVE THAT MY INSURANCE WILL COVER. In fact he TOLD me that the prescription would most likely NOT be covered by my insurance and would cost about $200 whereas HIS other products would only be $36/each. I got that prescription. It didn't cost me a DIME. So by all means sell your stuff. I'm glad for you that it sells. But don't you EVER think of me as so stupid that I'd buy something simply because I'm scared my insurance MIGHT not pay for an alternative that doesn't make you any more money out of me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I was with my wife in September 2012 when she saw DR. Sunshein and she thought she needed surgery for a neuroma. He did not order an MRI but wanted my wife to have a routine physical before he would do the surgery. This made no sense so we did not proceed with him. She just saw another Podiatist who insisted on an MRI and the MRI revealed a neuroma AND 2 other foot abnormalities. Bad office staff as well, seems like a very disfunctional office.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

they would let you sit and wait for an hour and 10 min. for a quick 2 min follow-up appointment.......never ever again going back to him......take your money and make you sit and sit.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Finding a podiatrist when we first moved here was not an easy job. I saw several podiatrists and was very unhappy before finding Dr. Sunshein. I have been a patient of Dr. Sunshein's for over 15 years. He has always been very knowledgeable, very professional, and an extremely caring doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Kevin Sunshein, DPM graduated with a degree in chemistry (B.A.) from the University of Dayton, before he attended the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine (Chicago, IL), where he earned his degree in biology (B.S.) and doctorate of podiatric medicine (DPM). Following his education, Dr. Sunshein went on to complete his podiatric surgical residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (TX). He is board-certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery and maintains licensure to practice podiatry and perform foot and ankle surgery in the state of Ohio. Dr. Sunshein currently is the chief of podiatry for Kettering Medical Center (Dayton, OH) and Sycamore Hospital (Miamisburg, OH), where he was previously chief of orthopedics. In addition to Kettering Medical Center and Sycamore Hospital, Dr. Sunshein is affiliated with Miami Valley Hospital, Riverview Health Institute, Grandview Medical Center, and Southview Medical Center. Dr. Sunshein maintains memberships with: American Podiatric Medical Association Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association MidWestern Ohio Podiatry Association Additionally, Dr. Sunshein is a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and a diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Dr. Sunshein served in the United States Army from 1984 until 1991. While serving, his army hospital assignments included: Madigan Army Medical Center - Fort Lewis, WA Brooke Army Medical Center - San Antonio, TX 121 Evacuation Hospital, 18 Medical Command - Seoul, South Korea Walson Army Community Hospital- Fort Dix, NJ

• English