Ratings for Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein

I thought I was going to have to have surgery for plantar fasciitis as another physician told me I would. When I saw Dr. Sunshein and he put me in custom orthotics, I was so pleased. My pain has decreased significantly and I am able to return to activities I used to enjoy.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Terrible service! Cancel appointments without any concern for patients. They said they called my 'daughter' and she cancelled the appointment. I do NOT ve a daughter. How could they talk to her? No apologies, send me to another doctor, arrogant, petty service

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I waited an hour and 50 min. to see the dr. for 5 min, Orthotics are so painful I couldn't use. Pressured to order these orthotics that are not covered by insurance. I'm looking for better care somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Sunshein did a great job on my surgeries for my toe and ankle. I would recommend him to my family and friends. Thank You!!! Kevin M. Lowry

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

My family members go to Dr. Sunshein for 10 years now.My kids play sports and go to Dr. Sunshein for everything-from broken foot to orthopedic inserts in the shoes. We are always greeted with smiles from the reception area to the exam room,Dr.S is understanding, kind and has great bedside manners.I shared our stories with others on the sport teams and learned that 3 other kids on the team went to him as well.Both doctors are helpful and you are treated with the best of care. They handled a bad break with such care and calmed us parents and kids too;now my kids think breaking foot is not a big deal since it comes with a hug from Dr. Engel,sparkly boot, a medical lesson from Dr. S.and the treat from Ms. Gwen. Hope that there no more broken bones for us but if there are some... we know where to go.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

NONE of the options he recommended were options that my insurance would cover. His first recommendation was for a $500 laser procedure that would be just as effective as a pill but he said he does't prescribe the pills anymore because they have "possible" side effects like kidney damage. ANY medication will give you kidney damage if you take too many! So NO I'M NOT COMING OUT OF POCKET $500 FOR A PROCEDURE MY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER WHEN YOU COULD EASILY PRESCRIBE ME SOMETHING JUST AS EFFECTIVE THAT MY INSURANCE WILL COVER. In fact he TOLD me that the prescription would most likely NOT be covered by my insurance and would cost about $200 whereas HIS other products would only be $36/each. I got that prescription. It didn't cost me a DIME. So by all means sell your stuff. I'm glad for you that it sells. But don't you EVER think of me as so stupid that I'd buy something simply because I'm scared my insurance MIGHT not pay for an alternative that doesn't make you any more money out of me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I was with my wife in September 2012 when she saw DR. Sunshein and she thought she needed surgery for a neuroma. He did not order an MRI but wanted my wife to have a routine physical before he would do the surgery. This made no sense so we did not proceed with him. She just saw another Podiatist who insisted on an MRI and the MRI revealed a neuroma AND 2 other foot abnormalities. Bad office staff as well, seems like a very disfunctional office.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

they would let you sit and wait for an hour and 10 min. for a quick 2 min follow-up appointment.......never ever again going back to him......take your money and make you sit and sit.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Finding a podiatrist when we first moved here was not an easy job. I saw several podiatrists and was very unhappy before finding Dr. Sunshein. I have been a patient of Dr. Sunshein's for over 15 years. He has always been very knowledgeable, very professional, and an extremely caring doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1984)

HealthPartners