Ratings for Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein

I waited an hour and 50 min. to see the dr. for 5 min, Orthotics are so painful I couldn't use. Pressured to order these orthotics that are not covered by insurance. I'm looking for better care somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Sunshein did a great job on my surgeries for my toe and ankle. I would recommend him to my family and friends. Thank You!!! Kevin M. Lowry

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

My family members go to Dr. Sunshein for 10 years now.My kids play sports and go to Dr. Sunshein for everything-from broken foot to orthopedic inserts in the shoes. We are always greeted with smiles from the reception area to the exam room,Dr.S is understanding, kind and has great bedside manners.I shared our stories with others on the sport teams and learned that 3 other kids on the team went to him as well.Both doctors are helpful and you are treated with the best of care. They handled a bad break with such care and calmed us parents and kids too;now my kids think breaking foot is not a big deal since it comes with a hug from Dr. Engel,sparkly boot, a medical lesson from Dr. S.and the treat from Ms. Gwen. Hope that there no more broken bones for us but if there are some... we know where to go.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

NONE of the options he recommended were options that my insurance would cover. His first recommendation was for a $500 laser procedure that would be just as effective as a pill but he said he does't prescribe the pills anymore because they have "possible" side effects like kidney damage. ANY medication will give you kidney damage if you take too many! So NO I'M NOT COMING OUT OF POCKET $500 FOR A PROCEDURE MY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER WHEN YOU COULD EASILY PRESCRIBE ME SOMETHING JUST AS EFFECTIVE THAT MY INSURANCE WILL COVER. In fact he TOLD me that the prescription would most likely NOT be covered by my insurance and would cost about $200 whereas HIS other products would only be $36/each. I got that prescription. It didn't cost me a DIME. So by all means sell your stuff. I'm glad for you that it sells. But don't you EVER think of me as so stupid that I'd buy something simply because I'm scared my insurance MIGHT not pay for an alternative that doesn't make you any more money out of me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I was with my wife in September 2012 when she saw DR. Sunshein and she thought she needed surgery for a neuroma. He did not order an MRI but wanted my wife to have a routine physical before he would do the surgery. This made no sense so we did not proceed with him. She just saw another Podiatist who insisted on an MRI and the MRI revealed a neuroma AND 2 other foot abnormalities. Bad office staff as well, seems like a very disfunctional office.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

they would let you sit and wait for an hour and 10 min. for a quick 2 min follow-up appointment.......never ever again going back to him......take your money and make you sit and sit.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Finding a podiatrist when we first moved here was not an easy job. I saw several podiatrists and was very unhappy before finding Dr. Sunshein. I have been a patient of Dr. Sunshein's for over 15 years. He has always been very knowledgeable, very professional, and an extremely caring doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Sunshein was very knowledgable and thorough. Staff was extremely caring and helpful. I did have to wait a little bit but for a good doctor i dont mind waiting. I was diagnosed with plantar fascitis and my heels no longer are hurting. Great doctor and facility.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

I went to him numerous times and each time, I had to wait 45-60 mins to see him, then I had a 5 mins with him. He never treated my ankle/foot except with NSAIDS and orthotics. It took me 6 months for his office to refund my deposit for the orthotics (that my insurance covered) and I had to call them weekly to finally get my refund. He has no bedside manner, talked down to me. I actually considered calling the state board and complaining. I think his office staff is scared of him, they are always flustered and do not show any confidence that they know what they are doing. BTW, I still have the initial problem that I went in for 6 months ago!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Kevin F. Sunshein's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Assurant