Ratings for Dr. A. David Tahernia

I meet with Dr Tahernia last summer he was highly recommended his staff was great and he was very kind and I felt comfortable with him. Unfortunately I had also seen a neurosurgeon and was told that a neurosurgeon had to do my procedure that this was the hardest surgery for a orthopedic surgeon and the easiest for a neurosurgeon "referring to spinal surgery" this now I know is untrue. Dr Tahernia has perfected this procedure with his experience and specialized equipment I know this from doing a lot more research since my surgery that got botched by the other surgeon and have had several friends go to him since. I would highly recommend him I wish I would have.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

This doctor helped me wonders. Amazing presentation, kind man, and so helpful.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

This doctor made dishonest representation to me as to the reasons he didn't want to perform a procedure that I have qualified for.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr Tahernia performed surgery on my wife which involved planting a stimulator pack in her back to control her pain. The operation took 2-3 time longer than usual and when Dr. came out to see me he said they had difficulty and that he had to "cut more than usual and she will be in severe pain." I said "well you are going to prescribe post op meds of course." "No, he responds, he pain dr will do that." Her pain Dr. was not available and I pleaded with Dr Tahernia to keep her in the hospital for obervation just that night or presscibe meds. He refused which resulted in my wife being in delerious pain and the swelling so bad in paralized her from the waste down leading her to fall and break her leg severly. At 74 with asthma and COPD it led eventually to her death, Dr. Tahernia takes no responsiblity for what happened. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

After my fusion L3/4 and laminectomy L4/5 Nov. 2011 I am back to dancing, playing golf and doing whatever I want. I spent a year in pain and 8 weeks prior to my surgery flat on my stomach unable to sit in a chair, car, anything. He and his staff were professional, compassionate and courteous and Dr. Tahernia has an excellent bedside manner. I would recommend him (and have to 5 friends who he has done surgery on since mine) highly and I trust him completely. A wonderful Dr and great human being!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

Only surgeon that ever told me not to have surgery!! Dr,Tahernia said there are several other options to try first. Thanks to his honesty and willingness to listen as well as advise, I have put off surgery for three years and that is because I followed his advise. Its rare to find openness and caring in anyone but in a great Dr. it may be the find of a lifetime.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I was in severe pain for over 6 months and decided on surgery. Results amazing. After two weeks I'm walking between 2-3 miles a day. Dr. Taherni was wonderful - extremely thorough in all info he provided to me. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Tahernia has greatly improved the quality of my life. I tolerated 5 years of back pain that is now gone. He completed a successful lumbar fusion. It has been three weeks since surgery and I walked a block today unassisted. His entire surgery staff was experienced and so assuring (believe me, I was very apprehensive and searched for the right physician.) My surgery was completed at Eisenhower Hospital here in Palm Desert.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2010

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

On the day of my surgery, Dr. T met me in his scrubs to explain the procedure. He was like a kid in a candy store. I have never felt more confident about a serious surgery as I did with him. It was a positive experiance I will never forget. I wish him well in his career.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. A. David Tahernia's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Rancho Mirage, CA