Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Thayer

I've been seeing Dr. Thayer since 1987 and he is in everyway a real professional. Whenever I've had a dental issue that was more than routine, his explanation has always been comprehensive, informative and with the best diagnosis and recommendation conceivable following his examination. He also indentifies potential problems long before they become problematic and recommends the appropriation action be taken to prevent costly repairs and the associated pain and suffering down the road. There has never been excessive or unnecessary treatment in all years that I've been a patient of Dr. Thayer. His fees have always been the same, and in some instances, below the standard charge for work performed in the profession; or that of other dentist in Albany, NY area. His intellect, knowledge and level of proficencey is the most I could ask for.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr.Thayer has always been willing to explain all treatment options preferring the least invasive procedures. He works well with my children. He is a very good dentist and a very caring person.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Thayer ever since I was 7 years old. I don't plan on going anywhere else for my dental needs! Cautious and he always explains everything before proceeding.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I would not ever go to a dentist again if it were not for Dr. Thayer, he is a wonderful, caring, and knowledgeable doctor of dentistry, tops in his field.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr Thayer is absolutly, without a doubt the best Dentist I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. He will change his schedule to accomodate patients emergency needs. He is very cautious about his patients pain levels and respects his patients input regarding the desired results of his work. Dr Thayer will never drill without being absolutly sure it is needed. My root canal and cap took a bit of extra time, but Richard had good reasons, and explained them completly. I find him to be very pro-active with his patients dental health. I also find him to be very fothcoming with explainations for what he feels is correct way to proceed with an issue.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008