Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Liker

Dr. Liker is MY HERO! After a horrific motorcycle accident where my T-9 vertebra was crushed, he carefully removed the bone fragments next to my spine. I have 2-12" rods in my back and a titanium vertebra taking the place of T-9. I am able to do everything I want to do including weightlifting, CrossFit, running, rowing and more. I never have any pain. He is the best! I highly recommend him. I am forever grateful to him as I was not even sure if I would be paralyzed or not going into the surgery. I had the best physician with the best possible outcome. He is kind and caring.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I'll never understand why exceptional doctors always have such poopie nurses. His surgical nurse is like Nurse Ratchet on steroids. If you can survive her, you can survive anything.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Long wait time and left eventually front office staff was rude and dismissive will never recommend this office

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

My general doctor recommended me to Dr. Liker because of his experience. I saw Dr. Liker today. He was very pleasant but most importantly took the time to explain my condition and treatment thoroughly. I feel fortunate to have been referred to a surgeon who is good at what he does and seems to genuinly care.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Today is my first visit and I've been waiting over 2 hours to see him. I'm very disappointed that my time is disrespected. I already hate this office and dislike the doctor who I have yet to meet.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

After an hour drive in a medical transport, this sorry excuse for a Dr. made us wait TWO HOURS for a 5minute conversation... He seemed VERY uninterested in discussing any of my mother's concerns and flat-out turned around and walked away in the middle me asking the question as to why we had to come in at all. I wouldn't even take my dog to this guy. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE office experience.. Others waiting were just as upset as we were, stating "do you know we all have jobs we need to go to??"...Seems as though extremely long waits are the norm with this sorry excuse for a Dr.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

My mother had spinal surgery with Dr. Liker and from the moment we met him, we were convinced he was the right person. He listened to her in depth about all her medical problems and explained the procedure completely to her. The surgery went off without a hitch and he came several times to check on her personally while she was in the hospital. Her follow up care was great - we weren't even supposed to see him (were supposed to see his PA) but he came in and talked with Mom for a long time, went over everything that was done and what the rest of her follow up would be. He totally saved her from serious deterioration and gave her her life back. I agree that the staff of a medical office is important, but when it comes to surgery... you want someone skilled and confident like Dr. Liker.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr Liker is an amazing Neuro Surgeon, he saved my husbands life and will forever be indebted to him. I dont care what the staff is like, its the DOCTOR that matters and you will not find a better Neuro in Los Angeles County. He is extremely knowledgeable and when everyone else said my husband was going to die and IF he survived he would be a vegetable. Dr Liker has a gift and with his knowledge, technique, steady hands and caring attitude my husband is alive and nowhere near a vegetable I might add. Who gives a**** what the staff is like as long as you have a great surgeon and you get better then what else matters. I would rather have **** staff and an amazing doctor than fake nice staff with a hack doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I injured myself at work, saw both Liker and his partner, but usually saw the P.A. The wait was over 2 hours almost 3 hours my first appt. I had already been offered surgery by an ortho so it was a neuro opinion.I wasn't treated humanely, the door was open for all to hear my medical issues, and I felt I was a waste of time.The doctor told me he hated comp, which I felt bad about. The staff since after the long wait it was closing time, was actually playing catch in the hallway. I am just very happy I stuck with my ortho, as I am pain free now.Myentire consult was around 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

we received no follow up and had extremely rude treatment fron his billing lady in valencia

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Mark A. Liker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1995)

GHI