Both of my elderly parents are now Dr. Kurohara's patients. He is kind, patient, detail-oriented and willing to always try the less invasive path. He is a true gem! If I lived in Simi Valley, he would be my doctor as well.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Kurohara has been my GP for 20 years now. I cannot say enough good things about him. He's gentle, very compassionate, knowledgable, timely and my favorite, open to finding other ways to treat ailments as opposed to pulling out the prescription pad. He has always taken his time with me and never made me feel like a number. In fact, he's always gone out of his way to make me (and I'm sure his other clients) feel the exact opposite of that. I would recommend him to anyone, hands down, no questions asked.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Dr. Kurohara is a great doctor. I did get a laugh out of him when I asked if he could write me a prescription for chocolate.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

Dr. Kurohara is an excellent listener and obviously cares about his patients as people. He is not quick to pull out the prescription pad but tries to find other ways to solve problems. One of the best doctors I've met and simply a nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Incredible physician. I was planned pre-med in school for a while and I personally know what it takes to not only be a good practicing physician, but also a kind , comforting person. Dr. Kurohara is the best doctor I have had experience with. He is subtle in his forwardness, and not the most out-spoken doctor, and its tough to get a giggle out of him, but he is VERY knowledgable and VERY thorough. Very safe feeling. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2005

Dr. Jonathan K. Kurohara's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1984)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Both of my elderly parents are now Dr. Kurohara's patients. He is kind, patient, detail-oriented and willing to always try the less invasive path. He is a true..."

October 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=15316'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014