Ratings for Dr. Muhammad K. Shaukat

This doctor is brilliant- he diagnosed a condition that other physicans had overlooked and helped us get life extending treatment. His bedside manner is caring & considerate- he always took the time to answer our questions. His office staff can be very difficult to communicate with and at times oddly adversarial, but once contact is made, the nurses are professional, helpful & congenial. The voicemail/ phone system is difficult to navigate if you actually want to talk to a person. I would recommend him highly as a doctor, but expect to deal with annoyances and waits at the office, which can be frustrating. His sleep center staff are a pleasure to deal with. Compared to other pulmonologists in Orlando, I think he's the best we've been to, and we have been to a few terrible ones with fantastic office personnel who will smile nicely while they merely monitor your decline instead of aggressively pursuing improvement.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I had this doctor's office called me looking for my father to see how he was feeling. My father had already passed away 1 month earlier. You would think that this doctor would advise his staff. If this doctor would care about his patients he would make sure that upon his patients death the families would receive a sympathy card or a note expressing his condolences. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

Submitted March 19, 2008

This doctor is very vague with his comments. Unfortunately, the hospital picked him for my relatives who died under his care. When he came in to see the patient if he saw that they had family members visiting, he would go out of his way to avoid having to speak to the family members. Never gives you a straight Answer. We had 2 relatives that died while under his care and a good friend and he never once came to express his condolences. Not even a "I'm sorry". Was late for surgery. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008