Ratings for Dr. Marvin R. Gordon

Extremely smart and very up-to-date on medicine and alternte treatments and supplements. Easy to talk to, diagnosed me perfectly and saved my life. A really nice man and a concerned doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I start seeing Dr. Gordon when I moved out of the city. Although I provided my cardiac history of mitral valve regurgitation (annual stress tests and EKGs), I was never referred to a new cardiologist. After 5 years I finally asked his nurse/receptionist how often I should have EKGs. She looked at my chart and said that Dr. Gordon never even took a baseline and she gave me an EKG on the spot and recommended that I see a cardiologist. I changed doctors and ended up having to have open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

TREATED ME FOR PNEUMONIA WHILE IN HOSPITAL, VERY NICE, STRAIGHT FORWARD AND TO THE POINT, TREATS YOU LIKE A HUMAN BEING AND IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, VERY HAPPY WITH THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Very soft spoken polite and respectful. Very bright and knowledgeable. Good listener

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Very smart guy. Listens and doesn't treat me like a moron (rare in a Dr.) Not big on personality -- don't expect humor. All told, a really good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2007

Excellent Doctor once you get an appointment

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

I went in to see the DR about some nauseous ness. Without so much as a test, he said that I may have an ulcer and put me on Prilosec OTC. After a few weeks and not getting any better I want to seek a second opinion. This Dr ran a battery of tests and found out that I was HIV+. The test showed that my viral load was so high, my lymph nodes were swollen and blocking my estuation tubes preventing any fluids from draining in my ears and causing Vertigo â?? type symptoms. Iâ??m glad I sought a second opinion or else Iâ??d be dead.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007

He tends to be reactive, not proactive. Knowledgeable, but one must pull answers from him. Technically very skilled.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2005

Dr. Marvin R. Gordon's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal