Ratings for Dr. Stephen O. Wangen

I traveled all the way from Hilton Head, SC to Seattle to see Dr. Wangen and it was so worth it. He tested me for food allergies (and many came back positive) and since eliminating these foods my IBS is so much better. It was a long way to travel and an expensive trip, but I'm so glad I did it. Gastroenterologists were of absolutely no help to me. The last one said, "You have IBS and you're just going to have to live with it." Dr. Wangen didn't take the easy way out and proved him wrong.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Wangen not only confirmed my gluten intolerance diagnosis, he also found I had a allergy to cane sugar which was causing repeated bouts of exzema on my hands. Since my visit to him my health has improved dramatically. Anyone needing help with a celiac/gluten intolerance diagnosis or other food intolerances, Dr. Wangen should be at the top of your list.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wangen. He is a very good listener and is very attentive, as well as being very personable and knowledgeable about his field. If you suffer from stomach problems, or issues that other doctors just "can't figure out" you need to see him. An alarming number of ailments are caused by food intolerances. Dr. Wangen helped me to eliminate my debilitating headaches by discovering I am severely allergic to eggs...something I never would have figured out on my own based on the delayed reaction time. He is also probably the best doctor in the region for Celiac Disease/Gluten intolerance. I recommend him to everyone I know!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008