Ratings for Dr. Robert Lui

Great Doctor would recommend him to many very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner and he cares about his patients before and after the care is top notch.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Fantastic, helpful doctor who goes out of his way to explain what is going on with you.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Had a vericose vein stripped and ended up with minimal pain and scarring. Great doctor who tells it like it is!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

My friend's dad do a surgery last month. This doctor had bad attitude.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I have had 3 surgeries this past year with Dr.Lui . After meeting with him and him explaining everything that would be involved with my partial thyroid removal I knew he was the one rather than the EMT surgeon. He was amazing..when my report came back as Cancer he quickly became a friend and not just a DR, he re explined that process of surgery again. When he asked me if I was nervous before surgery I said NO..i totally trust him with my Life. He saved me twice in a matter of 6 weeks. He has been so patient and kind . He also removed a very large Lipoma in my leg. All with a 12 month radius. I truly owe him my life and am so greatful my Dr reffered him to me. And a big shout out to his receptionist LINDA!!! That woman works her but off too!! I have never met anyone as caring as this man! he is not afraid to go against anyone to put his patient first!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Had my gall bladder out last week. Not a single issue. Recovery time went way faster than I expected. Pain was only ever a 4-5 immediately and off of all pain killers within 24 hours. It was AMAZINGLY simple and this has got to be a reflection of his skill and expertise.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I have had 4 large surgeys from this great man , I can say if anyone out there needs surgery he is the best guy to do it !!!!😄😄

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr Lui removed 2 decent sized lipomas for me last week and I had the best experience with minor surgery because of him. He made me feel very comfortable, discussed the whole procedure as he was doing it and sutured with care to make sure my incision was as minimal and pretty as could be. He has amazing bedside manor and a great sense of humor for a surgeon. I am thankful my GP referred me to him. I left the operating room laughing with a huge smile on my face.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

When I was referred to Dr. Lui I was unsure if I wanted to get my gall bladder removed so I had a bunch of questions. He listened to all of them and answered them fully, his level of knowledge and experience is amazing and made me feel really confident. He explained why it made sense and fully explained the surgery process, healing time, also possible complications and their symptoms as well as how likely and severe they were. He also helped me realize that I had actually already had 3 previous attacks (including the VERY severe one that originally brought me to a hospital where I found out I had gall stones). The surgery itself was booked within a month (a LOT quicker than other wait times I've heard of in Calgary) and went extremely smooth and I woke up with no side effects other than a little pain which was easily solved by some pain meds. After I had woken up enough to have a conversation he came to visit, told me how the surgery went and answered the rest of the questions I had thought of. Again he was very calm, friendly and answered all questions fully leaving no doubt in my mind. I very highly recommend Dr. Lui even just for a consultation if your unsure of the necessity and/severity of your surgery.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

When I first met Dr. Lui, I was apprehensive but he quickly put me to ease with his sense of humour and his professional knowledge. He told me what the surgery procedure would be like, and how my healing would happen. Come surgery date, he came and talked to me pre-op, then he visited me post-op. All the nurses that checked on my dressing would comment just from looking, "Dr. Lui, he's very special." I really feel lucky that I got the best surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013