You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Lui

Dr. Robert Lui's Ratings

Had my gall bladder out last week. Not a single issue. Recovery time went way faster than I expected. Pain was only ever a 4-5 immediately and off of all pain killers within 24 hours. It was AMAZINGLY simple and this has got to be a reflection of his skill and expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2862339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I have had 4 large surgeys from this great man , I can say if anyone out there needs surgery he is the best guy to do it !!!!😄😄

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr Lui removed 2 decent sized lipomas for me last week and I had the best experience with minor surgery because of him. He made me feel very comfortable, discussed the whole procedure as he was doing it and sutured with care to make sure my incision was as minimal and pretty as could be. He has amazing bedside manor and a great sense of humor for a surgeon. I am thankful my GP referred me to him. I left the operating room laughing with a huge smile on my face.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2708784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

When I was referred to Dr. Lui I was unsure if I wanted to get my gall bladder removed so I had a bunch of questions. He listened to all of them and answered them fully, his level of knowledge and experience is amazing and made me feel really confident. He explained why it made sense and fully explained the surgery process, healing time, also possible complications and their symptoms as well as how likely and severe they were. He also helped me realize that I had actually already had 3 previous attacks (including the VERY severe one that originally brought me to a hospital where I found out I had gall stones). The surgery itself was booked within a month (a LOT quicker than other wait times I've heard of in Calgary) and went extremely smooth and I woke up with no side effects other than a little pain which was easily solved by some pain meds. After I had woken up enough to have a conversation he came to visit, told me how the surgery went and answered the rest of the questions I had thought of. Again he was very calm, friendly and answered all questions fully leaving no doubt in my mind. I very highly recommend Dr. Lui even just for a consultation if your unsure of the necessity and/severity of your surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

When I first met Dr. Lui, I was apprehensive but he quickly put me to ease with his sense of humour and his professional knowledge. He told me what the surgery procedure would be like, and how my healing would happen. Come surgery date, he came and talked to me pre-op, then he visited me post-op. All the nurses that checked on my dressing would comment just from looking, "Dr. Lui, he's very special." I really feel lucky that I got the best surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][861862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

I can say I have had the best , dr lui is his name , he will need to keep work for a little longer ,6 I have needed him three times and may need him more , he is to the point and good bedside he is just the best no one can bet this man ! Linda is great to !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][861861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

I had a lump removed from my armpit by Dr. Lui in May 2013. The skill of Dr. Lui was apparent in the very minimal pain and discomfort I had after the surgery. His great sense of humour sure helps with the associated anxiety of surgery and diagnosis. The follow-up from Linda in the office has been excellent. Thank you Dr. Lui for your skill and experience and for making my surgery pretty much smooth sailing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

This has to be the worst service I have ever received. I have been waiting three weeks for a call back. I called at least 5 times to set up an appointment and they keep telling me that they're going to call me back and now I try calling and I get a message that the doctor is on vacation until August. Absolutely the worst treatment I have ever been given.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

3/1/13,midnite had an emergency appendix operation.15 minutes before the operation Dr.Lui and his surgical team surrounded me, talked with me, explained what was going to happen, and I had full confidence in Dr.Lui formed in those 15 min. The appendix had ruptured about 1 week prior to the operation..I am amazed at his skill, the times he came to visit daily for 20days at the hospital, where he would sit down, have a coffee,and answer all questions my wife and I had. Great bed side manners, great humour, unbelievable medical skill and knowledge. He laid out in detail everything that I would experience during the next 20days,and he was dead on.He has set the bar for excellence very high.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr Lui is wonderful. I had my gall bladder removal done by him. He answered all my questions clearly. My operation was planned and booked fast. I recovered very fast and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort after that. His reception, Linda is so friendly. He is highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861857].votes_count ]]