Ratings for Dr. Maria-Pia P. Platia

I saw Dr. Platia when she worked at Fert. & Gynecology Assoc. She was very unhelpful as an RE. She acted annoyed and put off when I asked her to explain anything. I was 41 at the time. FGA is not a good practice for advancing age patients, btw, they don't have the knowledge or expertise to be aggressive. Platia hadn't even heard of some of the things going on at Cornell. Dr. Huppert with Platia consulting cancelled several of my IUI cycles b/c I overstimulated on Clomid and they were afraid I'd get pregnant with multiples. Platia had her put me on Tamoxifen to reduce my egg quantity, so that I only ended up with 1 or 2 eggs to fertilize during an IUI... lazy or ignorant? The chance of a woman 40+ getting pregnant with multiples is less than 3%, carrying to full term, 1%, add husband's sperm with poor forward progression, "No." I didn't learn that until later. I can't recommend Platia. Try RMA of Philadelphia if you're 35+. If that fails, Cornell. It's where I finally got pregnant.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

Never, ever on time and they seem to think you should just sit there for 2 hours and like it. A very cold and unfriendly office.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

The office is terrible. They were consistently behind schedule. One shouldn't have to wait over an hour to have a blood draw. I walked out of at least two appointments after over an hour of waiting without being seen by a doctor, and no word from the staff as to when I would be seen. Dr. Platia was often condescending, and never apologized for continuously being behind schedule, and was indignant when I requested a Saturday appointment because it worked better for my schedule. Her overall knowledge base was substandard; the reproductive endocrinologist I saw after changing practices literally rolled his eyes, when I explained Dr. Platia's prescribed treatment.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I was in dr. Platia's care for over 2 years and had two iuis. Both negative. One her nurse did and one she did. She also took out a couple of fibroids, never could tell me why I couldn't get pregnant, because all my tests came back that I was healthy. I stopped seeing her and was very discourage. I am seeing a new RE, Dr Castlebaum and after one exam he asked me if anyone ever told me I had a titled uterus. After 10 years with a gyno and dr. Platia for 2 I never knew. She's a nice lady, it just didn't work out for me, but I wasnt impressed with her office or staff. The one nurse was very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2008

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Not the most punctual of doctors, but the wait is well worth it. She's much more knowledgeable, friendly, and open than any other gynecologist - and possibly doctor - I've ever been to, and tried to be as gentle as possible during the exam, which I've found is rare. She genuinely cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

Never on time

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Dr. Maria-Pia P. Platia's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1977)

• BCBS Massachusetts